First USM Immonen pages!

Yay, Immonen! :D I do have to say I like the scrawniness better, but I don't care either way about the eyes.

I was just telling someone a few days ago that I'd love to see Spot in USM. His plot in S:TAS was interesting, plus his powers are pretty cool. Although I've never seen him in the comics, I heard he's kinda lame, so I was hoping they could do something interesting for him in the UU. Unfortunately besides Doc. Ock, Kingpin and GG, Bendis hasn't really been good at making interesting villains :?

Anyway, his design looks very cool :) I just wish someone else were introducing him :? I mean, Bendis has introduced all of Spidey's main villains, now he's going to do all the secondary, too?

Last edited:
Yay, Immonen! :D I do have to say I like the scrawniness better, but I don't care either way about the eyes.

I was just telling someone a few days ago that I'd love to see Spot in USM. His plot in S:TAS was interesting, plus his powers are pretty cool. Although I've never seen him in the comics, I heard he's kinda lame, so I was hoping they could do something interesting for him in the UU. Unfortunately besides Doc. Ock, Kingpin and GG, Bendis hasn't really been good at making interesting villains :?

Anyway, his design looks very cool :) I just wish someone else were introducing him :? I mean, Bendis has introduced all of Spidey's main villains, now he's going to do all the secondary, too?

The problem is, he just appears to be another guy with superpowers holding up a Bank or whatever. So yeah. From what we've seen of the issue, it seems that Bendis messed this one up too.

The problem is, he just appears to be another guy with superpowers holding up a Bank or whatever. So yeah. From what we've seen of the issue, it seems that Bendis messed this one up too.

Hopefully, this arc will start to unravel the Roxxon mystery and Spot's origin actually gives him a distinct personality and motivation, as well as his powers allowing him to escape and recur without making SHIELD look incompetent.

Actually, Spot would make a cool recurring villain. He shows up mysteriously and his motivations are unknown, he leads Peter to bizarre experiments or factories controlled by Roxxon... something like that would be neat.

Oh my god. My friends and I were just joking about a week ago that if Bendis keeps up his villain of the month thing, he's going to hit the bottom of the barrel soon and he'd end up ultimizing Spot. How ironic.

Name one "good" bad guy to use then. Jesus. What do you want Peter Parker to do? Sit around and ***** all day. If there's no threat there's no Spider-Man.

For one thing we have seen Eddie in awhile. Two, even the Spider-Man of the 616 universe didn't just fight his own villains. There was Magneto, Sabertooth, Stilt-Man, ect,ect,ect... Three, Bendis could give the Rhino a bigger part. Four they could have a Spidey/Human Torch team-up and face off one of the FF's bad guys. Five not everyone thats a good guy in the 616 universe is a good guy here and have him fight a bad-*** bad Ghost Rider. Six, intro a new good guy and have a misunderstanding between the two heroes. Seven, Bendis could finally do something with Geldoff. Or eight, create a new villain to any universe and have him or her fight Spidey.

Hey, I like it. :D Yay.

Hopefully Bendis will continue off his good work from the Knights arc (well, good work in the Peter Parker scenes anyway).

So does anyone know exactly what this is? Are we starting the Death of a Goblin arc, is this a one-shot, what?

For one thing we have seen Eddie in awhile. Two, even the Spider-Man of the 616 universe didn't just fight his own villains. There was Magneto, Sabertooth, Stilt-Man, ect,ect,ect... Three, Bendis could give the Rhino a bigger part. Four they could have a Spidey/Human Torch team-up and face off one of the FF's bad guys. Five not everyone thats a good guy in the 616 universe is a good guy here and have him fight a bad-*** bad Ghost Rider. Six, intro a new good guy and have a misunderstanding between the two heroes. Seven, Bendis could finally do something with Geldoff. Or eight, create a new villain to any universe and have him or her fight Spidey.

1. We haven't?

2. Yeah, and neither has this one. He fought Omega Red remember and that was a piss poor idea because if you're going to have the hero face off against someone else's rogues then said rogue better be well established enough already.

3. Ultimate Rhino has a pretty solid mythology building off of the various appearances that the different prototypes have had. But you're asking for him to just come up and appear again in Spot's place? That's pretty redundant.

4. Fanfiction.

5. Fanfiction.

6. Cliche fanfiction.

7. Again, something that would need more than a few panels of one on one.

8. I don't even understand what you mean.

Mainly I think you're missing the point that Bendis doesn't need to substitute these villains with anything. What he needs to do is stop opening every issue with a throwaway ultimization. Not fill the gap.

That Cover just might be my favorite USM cover yet. And Ultimate Spot?!?!? :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I have no idea who Spot is. But the art is ****ING AMAZING!

God...I'm going to have to pick up USM again just for the art....

Latest posts

Back