First USM Immonen pages!

Poor Mark Bagely. I never had a problem with his art. I quite liked it. :(

I did too. But then 100 issues of him drawing the same thing got a bit boring.

I did too. But then 100 issues of him drawing the same thing got a bit boring.

Bingo.

While I was never a big fan of Bagley I give him credit because I'll be damned if the man can't capture emotion almost perfectly. And that was awesome...for the first 10 arcs.

But then his **** started to go stale.

I'd have preferred a helluva lot more it if Mark Bagley had stayed on and Bendis had left.

Hey, I'm a USM fan. I just didn't like it for about. . . 40 issues.

But I've really liked the last three or four and have sky high hopes for Immonen.

Well, looks like the finished product looks much better than I thought. Seems Immonen has rounded out his overly-defined edges a bit since his UXM and UFF issues (thats pretty much the only place I really saw his art other than online).

I like what I see. I really like what I see.

I thought Spider-Man looks like a blowfish. The building are great. That something Bagley has a problem with. Maybe if, Bagley only drew Spider-Man and Immonen only drew the building--then that would be a awesome issue.
God, Spider-Man looks fat!!!!

I thought Spider-Man looks like a blowfish. The building are great. That something Bagley has a problem with. Maybe if, Bagley only drew Spider-Man and Immonen only drew the building--then that would be a awesome issue.
God, Spider-Man looks fat!!!!

Are you joking? Have you seen the tendons Bagley gave him? He was ridiculously skinny. Now he has muscle, except the muscle doesn't show because there's no fabric on Earth that outlines every single muscle in your abdominals, arms and legs, like Bagley did (and I think he made up a few new ones, too).

Are you joking? Have you seen the tendons Bagley gave him? He was ridiculously skinny. Now he has muscle, except the muscle doesn't show because there's no fabric on Earth that outlines every single muscle in your abdominals, arms and legs, like Bagley did (and I think he made up a few new ones, too).

I'm inclined to agree. I hate it when artists (Bagley) draw in every detail of a character's body when they're wearing spandex or whatever. Superheroes shouldn't have guts, but an outline of every muscle in their body?

No, I think Immonen has it down.

Hmmm...

KIND OF LIKE MASK SQUINTING.

No, am no joking. Spider-Man looks fat. He wasn't ridiculously skinny--it called being lean. The fabric outlines every single muscle 'cause Peter is all muscle--it like wearing a muscle shirt. He just looks like a fat-out of shape super hero. At least he got some muscle on the cover of issue #112. If he didn't I would've drop the book.

No, am no joking. Spider-Man looks fat. He wasn't ridiculously skinny--it called being lean. The fabric outlines every single muscle 'cause Peter is all muscle--it like wearing a muscle shirt. He just looks like a fat-out of shape super hero. At least he got some muscle on the cover of issue #112. If he didn't I would've drop the book.

I can't reply to this. This is why I stay out of this forum.

I'm inclined to agree. I hate it when artists (Bagley) draw in every detail of a character's body when they're wearing spandex or whatever. Superheroes shouldn't have guts, but an outline of every muscle in their body?

No, I think Immonen has it down.

Dude, every great artist know that what made a great drawing looks awesome are the details. More details the awesomer. It give the eye more to look at.
Plus, it a super hero comic--they are going to put more details into the character's body. If they didn't they (the super hero) would just look like normal every day people. And what so Super about that.

I have nothing nice or positive to say about this. So I'll just boil it down to a few key semi-sentences.

Immonen is better than Bagley and that's a fact...not opinion. Mask squinting is still awesome....if for no other reason other than to annoy E. If this keeps up I'm gonna stay out of the USM forums.

Latest posts

Back