Flash TV series Discussion/Spoilers

Marvel is definitely going to be needing to bring their a game to ABC if they want to compete with this.

First clip from season 2 premiere:

[video=youtube;sNrN_wgtT3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNrN_wgtT3A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The premiere was great and all, but there's one question (leading into others) that I have about it:

If Wells/Thawne planned for Barry to go back in time to save his mother, why did he make that confession video? Wouldn't it be pointless since without Nora dead, Henry wouldn't be in prison? There'd be no murder to confess to...

The premiere was great and all, but there's one question (leading into others) that I have about it:

If Wells/Thawne planned for Barry to go back in time to save his mother, why did he make that confession video? Wouldn't it be pointless since without Nora dead, Henry wouldn't be in prison? There'd be no murder to confess to...

There could be a number of reasons. Could just be a plot hole. Could be a case of "self-correcting continuity", the idea that time is immutable and even changing something in the past leads to it happening anyway (just perhaps in a different way or time), or Thawne knew Barry as well as he said he did and knew that without Nora dying, Flash would never have happened (which admittedly goes against the "self-correcting continuity" theory) and thus Barry would likely always do what he did... allow Nora to die to set in motion becoming Flash and saving far more lives in the long run.

I suppose Thawne figured, being dead, there was no reason to continue the ruse?

I don't know. Hopefully they'll explore that during the season.

I liked it too. Cisco is the best. When Stein names the Atom Smasher and Cisco hugs him. :lol:

Did they explain why Atom Smasher looked just like the guy he killed? I assume it's because he's the same guy from Earth 2 or whatever. I guess Zoom, Smasher, and Jay Garrick (and possibly others) came through the singularity when it opened. So Ronnie is probably still alive on the other side.

Two problems I had with the episode:

Flash wasn't just responsible for Ronnies' death. At least two whole skyscrapers broke in half and started to get sucked in. A lot of people died that day. They never addressed that.

Why would Henry Allen leave like that? The only explanation I can think of is that they didn't want him as a regular on the show. But then why release him from prison? That was really weird.

So why are they okay with just killing all the villains this season? This is going to be a problem when Killer Frost comes from Earth 2.

So why are they okay with just killing all the villains this season? This is going to be a problem when Killer Frost comes from Earth 2.
I still don't think Atom Smasher is dead. There wasn't a confirmation the way we clearly saw Sand Demon die.

And why do you say Killer Frost is coming from Earth 2? Did you see that somewhere?

I still don't think Atom Smasher is dead. There wasn't a confirmation the way we clearly saw Sand Demon die.

And why do you say Killer Frost is coming from Earth 2? Did you see that somewhere?

it just makes sense. Instead of Katelynn turning evil, we'll get her evil doppelganger.

Pretty good episode last night. I like the new half of the Firestorm duo.

And... King Shark showing up at the end was great (the CGI even looked great).

The only problem is that appearance and Barry's previous ignorance/confusion about that character causes a continuity problem with the Season Zero comics which had that character appear for a rather extensive arc. I suppose it could be explained as perhaps a timeline alteration as a result of all the timeline shenanigans in the first season...?

Last edited by a moderator:
They confirmed the King Shark in the episode was Earth-2 King Shark.

They confirmed the King Shark in the episode was Earth-2 King Shark.

Either way that doesn't explain Barry's confusion about the shark teeth (so much for spoilers). Even if it was the Earth-2 version, Barry's encounter with the Earth-1 version in the Season Zero comic should've caused Barry to recognize shark teeth with human DNA and reports of a giant shark-man metahuman as King Shark (due to his encounter with KS in Season Zero). Yet, he obviously had no idea such a being existed when talking to Patty and giving her the results of the DNA tests.

And the King Shark Season Zero comic occurs absolutely in Season 1 (even the King Shark arc, since Eddie Thawne is still alive and Joe's partner in that arc).

That doesn't make sense, especially seeing as Season Zero was written by Kreisberg (who oversees the show) and is supposed to be canon. Either they retconned it or screwed up the continuity.

So, like I said, it's probably best to just pretend the time travel stuff from Season 1 messed up the timeline some and apparently excised Barry's first meeting with King Shark from the timeline and his memory...?

From what I've heard there's a whole mess of continuity problems caused by those comics. I haven't read then though.

I guess they couldn't afford the cgi for longer than that though. Which is a shame.
CGI is extremely expensive, especially since they went film-quality route.

Also, King Shark was always meant to be just a cameo because the money they have for CGI is mostly going for Grodd again (episode 7 on the 17th). No more King Shark at all in season 2.

CGI is extremely expensive, especially since they went film-quality route.

Also, King Shark was always meant to be just a cameo because the money they have for CGI is mostly going for Grodd again (episode 7 on the 17th). No more King Shark at all in season 2.

Yeah, I understand. I'm just saying it's too bad. Street Shark was a cool looking villain.

Yeah, I understand. I'm just saying it's too bad. Street Shark was a cool looking villain.

3089389-4484854046-stree.jpg

Latest posts

Back