Flash TV series Discussion/Spoilers

3089389-4484854046-stree.jpg

Thanks for understanding me.

Is it weird to anyone else that the alternate reality guys happily refer to their home planet as "Earth 2"?
Maybe they are saying "earth, too" as in, "You're from earth? We're from earth, too!"

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but apparently Jesse Quick shows up as Earth 2 Harrison Wells' daughter. I hope that means that Wells will take on the role of a mentor again, but for real this time. It would be cool for him to be the father figure that Johnny Quick/Jay Garrick/Max Mercury play in the comics. I have a feeling that Barry is going to completely mistrust him and assume that he is Zoom, only to discover that Zoom is either him or his dad on Earth-2.

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but apparently Jesse Quick shows up as Earth 2 Harrison Wells' daughter. I hope that means that Wells will take on the role of a mentor again, but for real this time. It would be cool for him to be the father figure that Johnny Quick/Jay Garrick/Max Mercury play in the comics. I have a feeling that Barry is going to completely mistrust him and assume that he is Zoom, only to discover that Zoom is either him or his dad on Earth-2.

Nope, Earth-2 Wells is a jerk-face, and Barry immediately trusts him. I was way off.

Nope, Earth-2 Wells is a jerk-face, and Barry immediately trusts him. I was way off.

Really? He seems nice to me, just annoyed and trying to get things done because he feels bad about and some bratty teenagers keep trying to get in his way. They're judging him because he looks like the guy that just screwed their lives over without actually letting him show them that he's not. Even though Jay told them not to trust him we've learned the only reason he doesn't trust him is because Wells created the metahumans. Wells said it was an accident. Plus you have to remember his goal is to stop the metahumans and he did save Barry's life. He hasn't done anything wrong.

Really? He seems nice to me, just annoyed and trying to get things done because he feels bad about and some bratty teenagers keep trying to get in his way. They're judging him because he looks like the guy that just screwed their lives over without actually letting him show them that he's not. Even though Jay told them not to trust him we've learned the only reason he doesn't trust him is because Wells created the metahumans. Wells said it was an accident. Plus you have to remember his goal is to stop the metahumans and he did save Barry's life. He hasn't done anything wrong.
There's nothing nice about him, not like Barry nice, anyway. Right from the start he's clearly an arrogant, ego-centric version of Wells. The producers and even the actors say this is a d-bag version of Wells. Not a villain, no evil agendas, just d-baggy. He doesn't feel bad for anyone, he only cares for himself and his daughter. Jay told everyone not to trust him not so much because he accidentally created the metahumans on Earth-2, but more because he created Zoom. Also because Wells wouldn't own up to the fact of the accident and only cared to make money off of metahumans with his invention. He saved his Barry's life to stop Zoom to save his daughter. There's a noble cause in there, but it's wrapped in selfishness goo. He hasn't done anything wrong, but he hasn't done certain things right-- on his Earth, anyways.

Last edited:
Jay Garrick has become the character who contributes nothing and is always angry and contrary for no apparent reason. He's Thea from Arrow season two.

Last edited:
He taught Barry a new power. That's one thing he contributed! :p

Yeah, he explained the breaches, built a speed canon, taught Barry how to throw lightning, and then stormed off. Since he stormed off, all he has done is come back on occasion so he can voice his disapproval, get angry, and storm off again. Where is he even going? Did he somehow get a job and rent an apartment?

I feel like this whole season and Arrow are a mess really. Nothing has really been happening, but we get really cool comic book moments that keep us coming back to suffer through all the CW drama. Smallville was the same way.

I feel like this whole season and Arrow are a mess really. Nothing has really been happening, but we get really cool comic book moments that keep us coming back to suffer through all the CW drama. Smallville was the same way.

I disagree Arrow at it's worst (season 3 imo) is still better than Smallville

Hunter Zolomon!

Okay, so that was a pretty cool episode, but its time travel logic didn't really make sense. If Eddie died, there's no way that Eobard Thawne could still be alive. And if keeping him captive caused a time paradox that erased Cisco, then Eddie dying should have done something similar.

Anyway. It's fun that they're changing up all the various Reverse Flash/Zoom stuff. Having Zolomon as the earth-one Jay Garrick is a real mind bender. Is he going to end up as the earth-one Zoom? Is he going to be similar to the other Zoom we've already seen? Because he looks more like Black Flash. Or maybe Zolomon is just an easter egg and they're never going to reference him again.

Hunter Zolomon!

Okay, so that was a pretty cool episode, but its time travel logic didn't really make sense. If Eddie died, there's no way that Eobard Thawne could still be alive. And if keeping him captive caused a time paradox that erased Cisco, then Eddie dying should have done something similar.
Never question the rules of time travel!

Or maybe Zolomon is just an easter egg and they're never going to reference him again.
If there's one thing everyone should know by now with these shows is that things like that aren't named/dropped and not picked up. They will come back at some point.

If there's one thing everyone should know by now with these shows is that things like that aren't named/dropped and not picked up. They will come back at some point.

Sweet! Can't wait for Solomon Grundy! ;)

Latest posts

Back