Flash TV series Discussion/Spoilers

Oh man, I'm such a chump. All of the important stuff that happened this episode (the team discovering that Wells is the Reverse Flash, Cisco's death, Flash and Iris kissing and then him revealing that he's the Flash to her) is going to be undone. How did I not see that?

The team didn't find out, just Cisco. I wonder how they'll find out now. Also, the way that Thawne/Wells killed Cisco was the same way
it happened in a recent issue of Flash the future version of Barry did to someone else

Last edited:
Professor Zoom's powers work differently. he slows time around him while Barry speeds up. He's literally a Reverse-Flash.
At least that's how it is in the comics.

He's shown an ability to travel faster than Barry currently can. He was fast enough to time travel to the past at some point (presumably... it's possible he traveled back in time in a modified Delorean, too, I guess).

You gotta be crazy. This was the best episode yet of the season. The whole thing wasn't a waste of time, but necessary to help show the effects of time traveling without getting too heavy handed right away. Thawne's reason isn't "bleh," because it makes him not an out-right a villain, but that of a more flawed, understandable character than just a "mustache twirling bad guy" (as the actor puts it, and of course doesn't mean his actions makes everything ok). Yeah, Barry cheated on Linda and Iris on Eddie (well, sort of), but a moment like that was going to happen sooner or later. Cisco had to die there-- there was no way around that. Thawne/Wells wasn't going to let him live.

Wyo is Fan Club President for the "Mustache Twirling Bad Guy" Fan Club. For real.

Seriously.

Yup. I'm not sure why people buy into this when it flies in the face of all the evidence.

WB has made it clear to the TV show creators/producers that Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are off limits on TV for the time being. Granted, we've seen Bruce Wayne as a kid in Gotham (but we won't see Batman until the finale, likely, something I'm sure WB would be ok with), and his name mentioned in Flash in one of those future newspapers Wells/Thawne reads (if I recall correctly). But it's unlikely we'll see any mention or appearance of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc on any of the Arrow/Flash universe shows (the producers have repeatedly said they're off limits and not allowed to use those characters per mandate by WB).

Same applies to other DC shows like Constantine (presuming it comes back), and even Supergirl (while it's said a Superman stand in will be used, it seems little more than a cameo and a non speaking role, a figure seen from afar). So cameo mentions/appearances seem to be allowed in certain cases, but likely no speaking roles or in-costume close ups of a hired actor in the role, etc.

I believe the producers have said episode 18 we'll find out? Or maybe 17... Either way, yeah, it's coming up very, very soon. And after that we're getting an episode taking place during the months Barry was in his coma and seeing everything through everyone else's POV.

I'm looking forward to the All-Star Team-Up episode with Palmer/Atom. Think that's 18. Will be interesting to see how that POV episode shakes out.

Maybe this is where the cosmic treadmill will come into place!!

As someone who doesn't read DC Comics often at all, I must ask... what in blazes is a Cosmic Treadmill?

Oh man, I'm such a chump. All of the important stuff that happened this episode (the team discovering that Wells is the Reverse Flash, Cisco's death, Flash and Iris kissing and then him revealing that he's the Flash to her) is going to be undone. How did I not see that?

Yep. :(

Last edited:
As someone who doesn't read DC Comics often at all, I must ask... what in blazes is a Cosmic Treadmill?
in the comics, the Flash runs on it to go back in time/between dimensions. It somehow focuses the speed force to allow for them to control where he'll end up. Grant Gustin has confirmed that the Star Labs treadmill will eventually become the cosmic tredmill.

Are you sad that I'm a chump?

He's shown an ability to travel faster than Barry currently can. He was fast enough to time travel to the past at some point (presumably... it's possible he traveled back in time in a modified Delorean, too, I guess).

I thought he just used the Cosmic Treadmill to be honest.

Wyo is Fan Club President for the "Mustache Twirling Bad Guy" Fan Club. For real.

I am. Black and white characters are my favorite. Anti-heros are lame. Venom is a perfect example of that. The black and white characters need to be interesting though. Captain America/Red Skull or Superman/Lex Luthor are good examples of that. Clear on who is good and who is not. That's not to say there aren't anti-heroes or gray characters I enjoy. Love the Punisher, but I'd much rather see Daredevil.

Yup. I'm not sure why people buy into this when it flies in the face of all the evidence.

WB has made it clear to the TV show creators/producers that Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are off limits on TV for the time being. Granted, we've seen Bruce Wayne as a kid in Gotham (but we won't see Batman until the finale, likely, something I'm sure WB would be ok with), and his name mentioned in Flash in one of those future newspapers Wells/Thawne reads (if I recall correctly). But it's unlikely we'll see any mention or appearance of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc on any of the Arrow/Flash universe shows (the producers have repeatedly said they're off limits and not allowed to use those characters per mandate by WB).

Same applies to other DC shows like Constantine (presuming it comes back), and even Supergirl (while it's said a Superman stand in will be used, it seems little more than a cameo and a non speaking role, a figure seen from afar). So cameo mentions/appearances seem to be allowed in certain cases, but likely no speaking roles or in-costume close ups of a hired actor in the role, etc.

That's why I said "rumor" not "HEY GUISE CLARK KENT IS COMING!". Rumors are fun baseless speculation.

So, I feel like including Cold's sister as a rogue was a bad call, she's not my favourite. I also don't really understand what the arrangement is that Flash has with the Rogues. That he won't try to stop them if they don't kill anyone?

I don't mind that everything from the last episode got erased, but it seemed like sort of a copout that they showed both Iris and Eddie mad at Barry and then reversed it by the end of the episode.

I am glad that Flash knows Wells is the Reverse Flash now.

So, I feel like including Cold's sister as a rogue was a bad call, she's not my favourite.
I don't see how it's a bad call. She may not be your favorite, but she's a Rogue and she's fitting in just fine with the team.

I also don't really understand what the arrangement is that Flash has with the Rogues. That he won't try to stop them if they don't kill anyone?
That is the deal, yes. But I doubt Flash won't do anything in the future. It'll all depend on what exactly they're doing for him to interrupt. It's weird.

I don't mind that everything from the last episode got erased, but it seemed like sort of a copout that they showed both Iris and Eddie mad at Barry and then reversed it by the end of the episode.
Yeah, I suppose it's sort of a copout, though it is a good explanation.

I am glad that Flash knows Wells is the Reverse Flash now.
He doesn't know. Nothing showed for that to be true. He just suspects Wells is lying and hiding secrets, most notably on Stagg and "missing" Mason.

I don't see how it's a bad call. She may not be your favorite, but she's a Rogue and she's fitting in just fine with the team.
I guess I just don't like her.

He doesn't know. Nothing showed for that to be true. He just suspects Wells is lying and hiding secrets, most notably on Stagg and "missing" Mason.
Cisco told Barry that Joe had thought Wells was responsible for Barry's mom's death. Then when Mason goes missing after having a story on Wells, Barry tells Joe that he thinks Joe was right about Wells. When Joe asks, "which part?" Barry says, "Everything."

Maybe I missed something, but that seems like Barry suspects that Wells is the Reverse Flash.

Cisco told Barry that Joe had thought Wells was responsible for Barry's mom's death. Then when Mason goes missing after having a story on Wells, Barry tells Joe that he thinks Joe was right about Wells. When Joe asks, "which part?" Barry says, "Everything."

Maybe I missed something, but that seems like Barry suspects that Wells is the Reverse Flash.
That's right! I totally forgot about that part.

WHOA.

Great episode last night! Harrison Wells is AND isn't Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash! The flashback scenes were amazingly done, especially the fight between the Flashes. That was great CGI work, especially for a TV show budget. Nice.

So Thawne really looks like more like his comic counterpart and he used a DNA changer to make himself into Wells. And it just took me now to realize this after seeing the trailer for the rest of the season again (a scene that was in the PaleyFest trailer), but the body that Joe and Captain Lance find has to be the real Well's body!

Mark Hammill's reprisal of James Jesse as the original Trickster was great, as was the portrayal of Axel Walker's version. It was said somewhere that Hammill would return again most likely in season 2.

Damn, I love this show.

Everybody working on this have done such a great job with the twists and very careful writing. I definitely didn't see this coming.

And now the trailer

Last edited:
Comicbook.com breaks down the new trailers for Flash.

I definitely need to rewatch this week's episode. Did not notice future Barry/Flash had the white background logo on his chest!

flash-trailer-001-129637.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back