Flash TV series Discussion/Spoilers

So I watched it. It's good. If Firestorm can legitimately exist in this universe, then why not Green Lantern?
There's been rumors of talks about him being added. I would LOVE to have Kyle Rayner be this universe GL that they use. Leave Hal for the DCCU. I think Kyle would be a better fit than Hal at this point.

Last edited:
There's been rumors of talks about him being added. I would LOVE to have Kyle Rayner be this universe GL that they use. Leave Hal for the DCCU. I think Kyle would be a better fit than Hal at this point.

The rumors I've heard are that John Diggle is actually John Stewart.

The rumors I've heard are that John Diggle is actually John Stewart.
I've heard those too, but it's false and they've been officially denied. John Diggle is John Diggle.
And they finally showed his brother in this week's episode.
They have plans for him, but it's not going to be him being revealed as Stewart.

So I watched it. It's good. If Firestorm can legitimately exist in this universe, then why not Green Lantern?

They could, but I'm not sure the cosmic aspect would suit the tone of what's been established so far in the Arrow/Flash universe. Also, GL's constructs may push the limit of the shows' budgets.

I'm not opposed to it (the more characters the better), I'm just not sure how well it would work in that universe. Do they change the origin drastically, or retain the alien passing the ring to Hal/Kyle/John/whoever they theoretically use... ?

[video=youtube;qAQn7duY7SM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAQn7duY7SM[/video]

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

So excited!!!!! :rockon:

Apparently, Heatwave (Dominic Purcell) will also star on the untitled Arrow/Flash spin off show, which will serve as a mid-season replacement.

This means we'll likely see it premiere in January and last until March. Probably a 6-10 episode show. It also means less repeats of Arrow and Flash (since they'll be showing new episodes of the untitled show on dates between Jan and March instead of Arrow/Flash repeats) and likely means Arrow/Flash will run with no (or only a handful of) repeat episodes all season.

This means we'll likely see it premiere in January and last until March. Probably a 6-10 episode show. It also means less repeats of Arrow and Flash (since they'll be showing new episodes of the untitled show on dates between Jan and March instead of Arrow/Flash repeats) and likely means Arrow/Flash will run with no (or only a handful of) repeat episodes all season.

That's amazing. I'm very happy about this news! But it can't be a replacement show for both of them can it? Unless it's on twice a week.

So I just watched this week's episode. Wow. That was intense.

I can't wait for Tuesday!

It was a great episode. I'm just disappointed they are talking such an obvious route to Flash traveling back in time to save his mom, realize he can't for some reason, stops his past self from saving her, but is later able to save Cisco from Reverse Flash.

Still, I can't wait to see how they approach next week's episode. I'm also really looking forward to the Trickster ep.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great episode. I'm just disappointed they are talking such an obvious route to Flash traveling back in time to save his mom, realize he can't for some reason, stops his past self from saving her, but is later able to save Cisco from Reverse Flash.

Still, I can't wait to see how they approach next week's episode. I'm also really looking forward to the Trickster ep.

Oh I didn't even think about Cisco. Yeah, that makes sense.

We all knew Flashpoint was coming. Trickster is gonna be insane. Best part of the sizzle reel.

Have you guys read Flashpoint? There's a reason why he can't save his mom in the end.

And it's not like he's saving Cisco from Reverse Flash on purpose, like he's choosing that and is successful. It's because of repeating the however many hours and knowing so, what he does changes some things around and one of those things is that Cisco doesn't die because he doesn't do the testing with the machine and all.

Have you guys read Flashpoint? There's a reason why he can't save his mom in the end.

And it's not like he's saving Cisco from Reverse Flash on purpose, like he's choosing that and is successful. It's because of repeating the however many hours and knowing so, what he does changes some things around and one of those things is that Cisco doesn't die because he doesn't do the testing with the machine and all.

Yes, and since episode one it has teased it, what I interpreted was the same problem I have where this kind of forces the whole idea of Barry going to save his mom unto Barry's mind too poorly. We might even get a Flashpoint world. There was a rumor Tom Welling might reprise Superman even. Honestly I really didn't care for this episode and was glad to see it erased. Thawne's reason was pretty bleh, Barry still cheated on his girlfriend, Cisco died, and the whole thing just felt like a waste of time.

Yes, and since episode one it has teased it, what I interpreted was the same problem I have where this kind of forces the whole idea of Barry going to save his mom unto Barry's mind too poorly. We might even get a Flashpoint world. There was a rumor Tom Welling might reprise Superman even. Honestly I really didn't care for this episode and was glad to see it erased. Thawne's reason was pretty bleh, Barry still cheated on his girlfriend, Cisco died, and the whole thing just felt like a waste of time.

Why are people so willing to believe the absolutely most blatantly made-up-by-a-fan/troll-rumor stuff like that? I highly doubt that.

As for Thawne's motivations, I think we'll get more light shed on that in the next episode and by the season finale. I'm sure once they flesh it out some Thawne's reasoning will be less outright villain and more necessitated anti-hero/villain when he needs to be.

He's been training Barry for over a year. I'd like to know what his ulterior motives are in getting Barry to run faster and wonder why Wells/Thawne can't use the Speed Force/time travel himself.

Why are people so willing to believe the absolutely most blatantly made-up-by-a-fan/troll-rumor stuff like that? I highly doubt that.

As for Thawne's motivations, I think we'll get more light shed on that in the next episode and by the season finale. I'm sure once they flesh it out some Thawne's reasoning will be less outright villain and more necessitated anti-hero/villain when he needs to be.

He's been training Barry for over a year. I'd like to know what his ulterior motives are in getting Barry to run faster and wonder why Wells/Thawne can't use the Speed Force/time travel himself.

Professor Zoom's powers work differently. he slows time around him while Barry speeds up. He's literally a Reverse-Flash.
At least that's how it is in the comics.

Honestly I really didn't care for this episode and was glad to see it erased. Thawne's reason was pretty bleh, Barry still cheated on his girlfriend, Cisco died, and the whole thing just felt like a waste of time.

You gotta be crazy. This was the best episode yet of the season. The whole thing wasn't a waste of time, but necessary to help show the effects of time traveling without getting too heavy handed right away. Thawne's reason isn't "bleh," because it makes him not an out-right a villain, but that of a more flawed, understandable character than just a "mustache twirling bad guy" (as the actor puts it, and of course doesn't mean his actions makes everything ok). Yeah, Barry cheated on Linda and Iris on Eddie (well, sort of), but a moment like that was going to happen sooner or later. Cisco had to die there-- there was no way around that. Thawne/Wells wasn't going to let him live.

Seriously.

I believe the producers have said episode 18 we'll find out? Or maybe 17... Either way, yeah, it's coming up very, very soon. And after that we're getting an episode taking place during the months Barry was in his coma and seeing everything through everyone else's POV.

Maybe this is where the cosmic treadmill will come into place!!

Professor Zoom's powers work differently. he slows time around him while Barry speeds up. He's literally a Reverse-Flash.
At least that's how it is in the comics.
I know that's how the New 52 Reverse Flash (Reverse Flash V) worked. Don't recall Thawne's power in the comics working like that... Hmm...

I'm assuming they're going off of New 52 since old Zoom could just travel through time and DC sire likes using the New 52 versions of stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back