Free Comic Book Day

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Is on the first Saturday of May (the 3rd).

Unfortunately, I can't get any because my shop didn't order any (because no one ordered from him). Although I was never even told when to do it or whatever.

Anyways, one of the stories is from Marvel, an X-Men one. It's by Carey and Land. I was hoping, if someone would be kindly do me the favor that if you see the X-Men one, grab it for me! I'll help in any way I can. :)

Is on the first Saturday of May (the 3rd).

Unfortunately, I can't get any because my shop didn't order any (because no one ordered from him). Although I was never even told when to do it or whatever.

Anyways, one of the stories is from Marvel, an X-Men one. It's by Carey and Land. I was hoping, if someone would be kindly do me the favor that if you see the X-Men one, grab it for me! I'll help in any way I can. :)

My shop is doing this, and usually, i'm the geek standing all the way in the front, because the line is usually huge. In my town, that day is the day all the parents decide to take there kiddies to the comic shop....then leave them there for an hour -_-

But I usually enjoy myself. One year a local comic artist who wrote a Spider-Man ashcan for Marvel came in and did charactertures of any marvel character we wanted. I picked Hulk :D

Also, I am usually one of the last one's there, so I can get a few extra copies if anyone wants one and they can't get it. I just have to remember to wake up this year.​

I'll keep an eye out for it when I visit my LCS. They make it worth while for me to stop in that day, since they always set aside a bag full of free kid-friendly comics with my name on it. :D

(Heh. Watch Ice get about ten copies of this issue now.... :lol: )

I asked my LCS owner, and she said that usually, if you don't get these comics on Free Comic Book Day, they're pretty much gone for good. So have a friend pick up a copy for you if you can't get there yourself.

That said, I have seen at least one instance where a FCBD comic was available afterward. Top Shelf was selling their first Owly FCBD issue for a penny (plus shipping and handling) on their website a couple of years ago. You might want to check publishers' websites for back issues, if the publisher does direct sales.

I gotta make sure to look at lists early next year to then have my comic shop get them for me. I never knew there was a list.

LEts see here, hope I can get these ones

HELLBOY/B.P.R.D.—FCBD 2008 EDITION
TINY TITANS #1—FCBD 2008 EDITION
MAINTENANCE #1—FCBD 2008 EDITION - I've looked through a few random issues of this. It looks pretty funny.

Having said that I expect my LCS to be a Madhouse saturday. Its FCBD and the release event for the latest Magic set which normally draws 20-30 players who spend all day there.

Fun times.

Looking forward to that Hellboy/BPRD book.

With FCBD, the 13 or 14 issues I need to pick up, and the two trades I want to get, I'm glad that I have nothing else to do on Saturday!

:cry:

Last edited:
Did anyone happen to grab any of these books that were given away on Free Comic Book Day? I know my son would love them and I was out of town and couldn't take him:

Owly & Friends
Transformers Animated
Sonic the Hedgehog
Marvel Adventures

Thanks...

Did anyone happen to grab any of these books that were given away on Free Comic Book Day? I know my son would love them and I was out of town and couldn't take him:

Owly & Friends
Transformers Animated
Sonic the Hedgehog
Marvel Adventures

Thanks...
I don't think I got any of those. I sure would've since I do actually like to see what the state of all ages comics are once in awhile.

I did pick up the Jughead one, but it wasn't as good as the one that they put out two years ago which pretty much critiqued comic book fan culture to very clever effect.

I sure would've since I do actually like to see what the state of all ages comics are once in awhile.

Does it make it easier to break the ice?

"So, you got Sonic as well? I got a whole stack back at my place if you want to read them.....no, your mummy will be fine with it."

Last edited:

Owly & Friends
Transformers Animated
Sonic the Hedgehog
Marvel Adventures

Thanks...

I was disapointed that the Transformers Animated one was just the pilot rehashed. Actualy, rehashed is the wrong word. I'm pretty sure it was just still from the pilot with word balloons.

Marvel Adventure was, just as every Marvel Adventures Avengers issue, freaking excellent. Jeff Parker is my Goofy God.

I was disapointed that the Transformers Animated one was just the pilot rehashed. Actualy, rehashed is the wrong word. I'm pretty sure it was just still from the pilot with word balloons.

Marvel Adventure was, just as every Marvel Adventures Avengers issue, freaking excellent. Jeff Parker is my Goofy God.

i....LOVED the marvel adventures. is the whole avengers series like that?!!!!

Last edited:
If anyone has extras of any of them and wants to make a 5 year old boy's day, let me know.

Latest posts

Back