Spider-Man Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman- series discussion (spoilers)

You've got to be kidding me.

Please tell me this is a joke.

I read the week early preview, and from what I saw, I don't think those are new powers. It seemed it was just at THAT moment, that just happened. I dont believe its going to be something new at all.

And after reading the issue, I must say that JMS should've written all of The Other.

yeah, i dont think they will be there again, but this is supposed to change spider-man, and i guess that includes his powerset (which i have always thought was the perfect combination of super, yet balanced).

and yes, it is real.

spider-man eats morlun's head.

Wow.

Peter is on his deathbed in a hospital when Morlun comes to finish him off and while Morlun is about to kill MJ, Peter reawakens with spider eyes. He grows these large spikes out of his wrists and impales Morlun's arms before starting to eat him, then Morlun turns into dust and Peter dies into MJ's arms.

iceman said:
yeah, i dont think they will be there again, but this is supposed to change spider-man, and i guess that includes his powerset (which i have always thought was the perfect combination of super, yet balanced).

and yes, it is real.

spider-man eats morlun's head.

Good wrapup. I don't know what to make of this. I think it would be interesting, though, if Spidey got some kind of power upgrade. How they bring this weird creature back to being Pete Parker is gonna be a challenge.

John Q. Public said:
Good wrapup. I don't know what to make of this. I think it would be interesting, though, if Spidey got some kind of power upgrade. How they bring this weird creature back to being Pete Parker is gonna be a challenge.

How they'll attempt to have any romantic relationship between Peter and MJ at this point with him eating people's heads is also going to be a challenge.

DIrishB said:
How they'll attempt to have any romantic relationship between Peter and MJ at this point with him eating people's heads is also going to be a challenge.

Oh, I'm sure they can both handle a little head.

Spidey doesn't eat Morlun's head. It's still attached to his body when he 'dies'.

JMS does a not bad issue, but it's still stupid. The spider-powers that kill Morlun. That was a lucky bit of deus ex machina. Yippee. Then there's that whole 'terminal illness' thing. I wonder if we'll find out what that ever was since it's obvious Pete's going to come back to life at the end of next issue with both eyes intact - no doubt the illness will be gone too. Yippee. And Morlun dies exactly like he did before, but he came back with no explanation. Am I supposed to be impressed with this? Morlun reappears for no reason at all, with zero explanation, then dies again after eating Spider-Man's eye. He didn't die before, he's obviously not dead now. Some writer in a few years might need him to show up and walk around for three issues, eat Spidey's ear and die. Yippee.

Bass said:
Spidey doesn't eat Morlun's head. It's still attached to his body when he 'dies'.

JMS does a not bad issue, but it's still stupid. The spider-powers that kill Morlun. That was a lucky bit of deus ex machina. Yippee. Then there's that whole 'terminal illness' thing. I wonder if we'll find out what that ever was since it's obvious Pete's going to come back to life at the end of next issue with both eyes intact - no doubt the illness will be gone too. Yippee. And Morlun dies exactly like he did before, but he came back with no explanation. Am I supposed to be impressed with this? Morlun reappears for no reason at all, with zero explanation, then dies again after eating Spider-Man's eye. He didn't die before, he's obviously not dead now. Some writer in a few years might need him to show up and walk around for three issues, eat Spidey's ear and die. Yippee.

Seconded.

Fnsm #3

OK, I agree with Bass except I think I enjoyed the issue more than him. Not saying I loved it, but it was the best of "The Other" so far and I thought it was good. After reading Bass's post and thinking about it, all that he says is true, but since I didn't think about it myself while reading it, I don't hold that against the story.

So, anyone else read the new FNSM yet? I'm thinking it's one of the better issues in The Other, if not the best. I mean, yeah, Spidey going for a ride with MJ was stupid (and most of all LOOKED stupid) but I really liked the stuff at the beginning in Stark's lab. Still not on board with the whole The Other thing but haven't lost hope entirely.

Tony wanted to discuss "these costume redesigns" with Peter, but Peter left with MJ. I guess Iron Spidey's coming soon.

And Spidey uses his long spike stinger things that come out of his forearms this issue.

Well, I read it today. Part 10 of "The Other", that is.

Oh my God. They've turned Spider-Man into Wolverine. It's not enough that Wolverine appears in a ton of books, now he needs to be cloned (X-23) and even SPIDER-MAN has claws.

Let me repeat.

SPIDER-MAN HAS CLAWS.

And Peter's corpse is being controlled by spiders. And it's loose. That's the cliff hanger.

I...just can't believe how stupid this is.

UltimateE said:
Well, I read it today. Part 10 of "The Other", that is.

Oh my God. They've turned Spider-Man into Wolverine. It's not enough that Wolverine appears in a ton of books, now he needs to be cloned (X-23) and even SPIDER-MAN has claws.

Let me repeat.

SPIDER-MAN HAS CLAWS.

And Peter's corpse is being controlled by spiders. And it's loose. That's the cliff hanger.

I...just can't believe how stupid this is.

Yeah. I saw that.

You know all they have to do is give him a shield like Captain America. Then he will have the armor, claws, and the shield. They can even paint him black.

I've never saw a spider with claws... Shoudnt he have spider powers? I dont know... they cut put eight eyes on him or make his *** the web shooter, but a claw?? I really hope Sentry dont grow claws.

Latest posts

Back