Spider-Man Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman- series discussion (spoilers)

Fnsm #5

OK, I haven't read anything by Peter David except for "The Other" issues, so I don't really know if this issue reflects his style or such, but it was strange and good. Going through the lifetime of a woman who believes she's being stalked by Spider-Man, not the normal comic. Good issue even more so in comparison with what came before it.

Well, crap, man!!

That last page was freaky, mainly cuz all the characters faces were so poorly drawn, and "Ben" just stood there, and then walked away, kind of like Jack's father on LOST, or Spirited Away's No-Face.

But hey, Letters Page!!

ultimatedjf said:
Well, crap, man!!

That last page was freaky, mainly cuz all the characters faces were so poorly drawn, and "Ben" just stood there, and then walked away, kind of like Jack's father on LOST, or Spirited Away's No-Face.

But hey, Letters Page!!
I've liked the past few issues of this. I'm not sure where they're going with Uncle Ben, but it does look quite interesting.

Pandrio said:
I've liked the past few issues of this. I'm not sure where they're going with Uncle Ben, but it does look quite interesting.
Same here. I guess it ties into the Hobgoblin that comes from the alternate future or something?

the watcher said:
Buzzscope.com gives us our first look at Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8

http://popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=5558
Hmm... I don't like the way the story just seems to start here, I'm sure there'll be some explanation down the line, but this feels like a "What-If" and since there was a "What if Aunt May died instead of Uncle Ben?" recently, I don't know how well this will work. However, hopefully this ties into the Hobgoblin which seems to be related to Spider-Man 2099, then this could work quite well.

Pandrio said:
Hmm... I don't like the way the story just seems to start here, I'm sure there'll be some explanation down the line, but this feels like a "What-If" and since there was a "What if Aunt May died instead of Uncle Ben?" recently, I don't know how well this will work. However, hopefully this ties into the Hobgoblin which seems to be related to Spider-Man 2099, then this could work quite well.
I think its a parallel reality and the Hobgoblin is from the future of that reality, I'm pretty sure because on the cover it says beware the Hobgoblin

In the marvel preview, it says its the Green Goblin of 2099, and on a later cover hes green..... but then this cover says Beware Hobgoblin

Shihad said:
In the marvel preview, it says its the Green Goblin of 2099, and on a later cover hes green..... but then this cover says Beware Hobgoblin
I remember the preview saying Hobgoblin? whatever

Pandrio said:

My Guess is the Hobgoblin or Green Goblin for the year 2099. When back in time to stop Peter from ever becoming a hero. It was the death of Uncle Ben by the burglar that causes Peter to become a hero, but the death of Aunt May by a little mouse. What gives him the reason to become a hero, none. This way if there's no Spider-Man in the past, means there isn't any Spider-Men or girls of the future.

Random said:
I think its a parallel reality and the Hobgoblin is from the future of that reality, I'm pretty sure because on the cover it says beware the Hobgoblin
Marvel Solit for the July issue of FNSM said:
The web-slinging wonder will need a little help from his friends for this one, and who better to recruit than the Spider-Man from the year 2211?
There was a one-shot from the Spider-Man 2099 series where he met Spider-Man, I think they got sent intothe future together to 2211. There was another Spider-Man ther, the same one from this cover. And Peter David wrote Spider-Man 2099 along with now writing FNSM. I'm not sure if the Hobgoblin ties in, but I think it's the Green Goblin from that time too, but I'm not too sure about that.

Last edited:
Pandrio said:
There was a one-shot from the Spider-Man 2099 series where he met Spider-Man, I think they got sent intothe future together to 2211. There was another Spider-Man ther, the same one from this cover. And Peter David wrote Spider-Man 2099 along with now writing FNSM. I'm not sure if the Hobgoblin ties in, but I think it's the Green Goblin from that time too, but I'm not too sure about that.
The one-shot was about Spider-Man went to 2099 and Spider-Man 2009 went to our time. They try to figure out what has happened. I don't remember much but a goblin (green or hob can't remember) went back in time to kill Spider-Man in 2099 and an even further version of Spider-Man (with six arms) came back and stopped him. Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 never meet more than a couple of seconds when the get sent back to their own times through some time-tunnel or something. Their comment to each other? "By the way... GREAT COSTUME!". :lol:

Ultimate Warrior said:
The one-shot was about Spider-Man went to 2099 and Spider-Man 2009 went to our time. They try to figure out what has happened. I don't remember much but a goblin (green or hob can't remember) went back in time to kill Spider-Man in 2099 and an even further version of Spider-Man (with six arms) came back and stopped him. Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 never meet more than a couple of seconds when the get sent back to their own times through some time-tunnel or something. Their comment to each other? "By the way... GREAT COSTUME!". :lol:
Yeah, that's the one. It seems quite an obscure place to bring characters from, but they probably didn't want to bring in Spider-Man 2099 himself, and isn't he with the Exiles or something anyway?

Fnsm #8

Anyone else end up getting this? Uncle Ben was from sort of alternate reality, but somehow ended up in 616. I liked the part where he found out where he was by coming up to May's burnt down house. The Hobgoblin of 2211 is the villain and he introduces himself at the end. Pretty good issue, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Re: Fnsm #8

Pandrio said:
Anyone else end up getting this? Uncle Ben was from sort of alternate reality, but somehow ended up in 616. I liked the part where he found out where he was by coming up to May's burnt down house. The Hobgoblin of 2211 is the villain and he introduces himself at the end. Pretty good issue, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Me too. :D

First look at Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #9 (Sorry no word or thought bubbles.)

fnsm9.jpg
fnsm91.jpg

fnsm94.jpg
fnsm97.jpg

fnsm916.jpg
fnsm920.jpg

Hmmm looks interesting, the other spider-man reminds me of Doc Ock with the extra arms (no other reason)

the watcher said:
First look at Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #9 (Sorry no word or thought bubbles.)

fnsm9.jpg
fnsm91.jpg

fnsm94.jpg
fnsm97.jpg

fnsm916.jpg
fnsm920.jpg

Ok i've not read this but what is the deal with goblin? He looksd just wrong.

I like the spider-man with the metal arms thou. looks kinda like man-spider

Latest posts

Back