Spider-Man Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman- series discussion (spoilers)

Yeah this Arc was really werid??????
The reason of the arc was to bring Uncle Ben back...... but hes not the Uncle Ben we were introduced to.
This Uncle Ben is just looking out for himself.

Its such a dumb idea.... cause its going to kill the image of Uncle Ben, being all good and wholesome.
And when Ben dies or goes back to the future or whatever, Peter will be all sad and depressed.

Sorry to say that was bad for Spider-man, i liked "sins past" where gwen was found out to be a whore

Not to mention the stupidity of the Retcon bombs.....what a 'tarded name......

Plus, we are supposed to be happy that Fake Uncle Ben is going to die in the gutter are we?

i Don't know, i liked the retcon bombs, if peter had used on the uncle ben that was running around, would he forget just that uncle ben, or every uncle ben that hes met (eg the uncle ben he grew up with as well)

I kinda think this is worse than having a clone running around, i mean at least with the clone, if it gets stabbed it can just turn to dust like a vampire????? (Revalations Arc with the return of the Green Goblin, i think it was Peter Parker, Spider-man #75)

Wow.

#11 had everything.

A reassuring recap. (See last month's frustrations.)

A brilliant story.

Terrific writing.

Awesome art that does fit the style of the book, I must admit. (Bye 'Ringo :cry: )

Great jokes. (A jab at the book's title for one.)

Sweet references. (The Incredibles is my favorite one here.)

And more Flash!

Put it all together with a great cliffhanger, and you get another issue that merits a

5/5

Hey, the letter's page aint too bad either. (Hint hint.)

ultimatedjf said:
Wow.

#11 had everything.

A reassuring recap. (See last month's frustrations.)

A brilliant story.

Terrific writing.

Awesome art that does fit the style of the book, I must admit. (Bye 'Ringo :cry: )

Great jokes. (A jab at the book's title for one.)

Sweet references. (The Incredibles is my favorite one here.)

And more Flash!

Put it all together with a great cliffhanger, and you get another issue that merits a

5/5

Hey, the letter's page aint too bad either. (Hint hint.)

Good i think its about time it got better, this is the worst Spider-man title coming out at the moment
The Other parts were dumb, then that one of issue with the lady thinking Spider-man was stalking her.... that was crap and waste of time.
Then we got into this weird Hobgoblin from the future....... see posts above to understand how weird and STUPID it was.
i don't remeber if there was an issue between "weblog" (the lady thinking she got stalked) and "jumping the tracks"

I just hope it gets better..... with Mysterio coming up in the next issue??? (or is that Sensational?)

I read a couple issues in the local shop while waiting on my pull list to be filled.

Not the worst Spiderman book....but damn close. At least it ain't Spider-Girl.

Victor Von Doom said:
I read a couple issues in the local shop while waiting on my pull list to be filled.

Not the worst Spiderman book....but damn close. At least it ain't Spider-Girl.

I think id rather be reading Spider-girl...... at least you know that doesn't have a dimension hopping Uncle Ben being all bad........ or do they? :scared:

uh, i read through the letters page and nothing stood out to me. am i missing something???

Lithium said:
uh, i read through the letters page and nothing stood out to me. am i missing something???

I'm guessing he got his letter printed????
I don't have the issue yet, but see if anybody wrote a letter from Massachusetts

Well that was a hell of a lot better than 'Jumping The Shark'.

Starting off with a warehouse, where Mysterio is ranting about how Spiderman outing himself has make his job a lot easier doing a proper monologuing session, while being watched on a view screen by an unknown. Peter struggling to get to school through masses of reporters and the like, all asking him mindless questions. Then getting into school to find the geek kid has two black eyes from dodgeball. He goes to Flash who still refuses to believe he is Spiderman, and goads him into returning a dodgeball, and breaking Flash's nose with it...
Then we have Peter deciding to quit as teacher, and suddenly the school is swallowed up in blackness, and a voice over the speaker tells them all the windows and doors bar the front one are rigged to a bomb that will blow if they open, and they have to try and get out of this 'haunted house..
Spidey starts leading the kids off in one direction, but then they vanish. It cuts to the kids who are still following Spiderman (?) and Mysterio suddenly appears with a "BOO!" and the kids start running screaming right into Flash and the new school nurse.
Finally we have Mysterio on another monologuing sesh saying
"It's going exactly as I planned. I've rigged up the entire school with hauntings and deathtraps. The holoprojection of spiderman sent the children off in a completely different direction. Everyone's roaming around in the darkness... and the best part thing of all is that none of them realizes my true plan, or -"
Suddenly red mist flows into the room, and Mysterio starts to hear a voice.
"Do you have any idea how sick I am of listening to you declaiming yourself? It's embarrassing. I swear I don't know whats gotten into young people these days. To be memorable, you need more than egotistic ranting! You need style! Panache! And most of all--"
The smoke gets thicker and MYSTERIO appears.
"--Timing. That is, if you have any hope of presenting yourself as my successor."

Brilliant Issue! That reveal at the end was great, the Flash-Peter dodgeball bit was really funny, 100% better than the last arc. If it keeps up it will have been saved from being dropped....

4.5/5

So, did anyone else pick up this issue besides me, Lith, HBM, and (soon) Shihad? And if you recently dropped it 'cuz of the Uncle Ben arc, don't worry even Newsarama agrees that the Mysterio arc is a 100% increase in quality over that.

('Course I myself liked the previous arc, as my letter suggests. But I tell ya, if at first your letter doesn't get printed in a Marvel comic, suck up to them. :) )

ultimatedjf said:
So, did anyone else pick up this issue besides me, Lith, HBM, and (soon) Shihad? QUOTE]

I do. But this Mysterio arc is the only good one for FNSM so far. The Spidey 2011 and masked wrestler ones both sucked

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back