Spider-Man Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman- series discussion (spoilers)

Pandrio

OK, I didn't find a thread for this yet, so here you go.
Who got issue one and what'd you think of it?

I was unimpressed with the first issue, some what, but I liked the ending.

Now that I think about, I wonder if anyone got it yet. I had a suscription to Spec. and it carried over to this, so it came in the mail early.

Last edited:
Well, I would wait to post this, but I'm going on vacation for the weekend, so I'm offline until Monday:
-Likes-
The overall issue was okay. I liked the ending sequence and how it mirrored Pete's dream and how the training session blended in with the bullet sequence. I don't know what else I particularly liked but most of the stuff was OK.

-Dislikes-
The dream sequence itself, it just came off as stupid to me
The new villain, I mean he has guided bullets and isn't really explained at all
The JJJ sequence, I missed what happened there, anyone else know
The training with Cap, what the heck were they doing, Pete knows normal fighting skills and I didn't like the way they just said he needed to learn something else
The bullet sequence, he catches the bullets, lets them go and they hit him :?

Well, like I said it was OK, the bad kind of jumped out at me more than the good, but whatever. I think the next one will be better.

Hey, Nur, you getting this? Cuz there's a panel you gotta look at, about a certain newspaper trashing a certain wall-crawling hero. :wink:

It wasn't bad.

But I can't stand Spidey being part of the Avengers. I think it's crap. I was worried about it when I first heard about it, but had faith it wouldn't be what it did turn out to be.

"Spider-Man, guest starring the Avengers"

There's no conflict, no drama, nothing. He just has super powered friends who help him solve all his problems for him. It... blech. I don't like it.

The title was fine though. I don't know how much of "The Other" I'm gonna pick up. I know I'll be picking up JMS' part in it... so we'll see.

That was great! :lol:

I like Tracer. He looks stupid, and definately needs to change his gimmick - but he's smart. It's not often we see someone really outplay Spidey like that.

Bass said:
I like Tracer. He looks stupid, and definately needs to change his gimmick - but he's smart. It's not often we see someone really outplay Spidey like that.
FACT!

I actually liked the homing-bullets.

icemastertron said:
FACT!

I actually liked the homing-bullets.

I certainly liked the idea of them - but I didn't like that they looked like normal bullets. Guy should've had a great lookin' gun too. Just a lacking gimmick. Not a bad one.

Plus, Spidey catching the bullets was priceless.

The doctor for superheroes was not. We've also had the tailor for superheroes. What's next? The personal shopper for superheroes? The chef for superheroes? The plumber for superheroes?

I seriously dislike this 'superhero community' that Spidey's being a part of. My favourite Spidey comics are old Stan Lee/John Romita Sr newstrips I have in a collected edition, where the only other superhero is the Prowler, and he's a supervillain.

*sigh*

One of the best stories didn't have a supervillain. Spidey gets pissed off with not having any money so he steals a priceless diamond from a museum. When he tries to sell it to a fence, the fence mentions how he's gonna have to cut up the diamond, and Spidey is appalled that they guy would cut up such a priceless artifact and steals it back. It's great.

*sigh*

Bass said:
I certainly liked the idea of them - but I didn't like that they looked like normal bullets. Guy should've had a great lookin' gun too. Just a lacking gimmick. Not a bad one.
I'm with you there.

Bass said:
Plus, Spidey catching the bullets was priceless.
Well, the bullet. Hehe.

Bass said:
The doctor for superheroes was not. We've also had the tailor for superheroes. What's next? The personal shopper for superheroes? The chef for superheroes? The plumber for superheroes?

I seriously dislike this 'superhero community' that Spidey's being a part of. My favourite Spidey comics are old Stan Lee/John Romita Sr newstrips I have in a collected edition, where the only other superhero is the Prowler, and he's a supervillain.
You forgot the hospital for Superheros. I don't think that one was it. Could be wrong.

Bass said:
One of the best stories didn't have a supervillain. Spidey gets pissed off with not having any money so he steals a priceless diamond from a museum. When he tries to sell it to a fence, the fence mentions how he's gonna have to cut up the diamond, and Spidey is appalled that they guy would cut up such a priceless artifact and steals it back. It's great.
Never read/heard of it. Sounds interesting.

icemastertron said:
Hey, Nur, you getting this? Cuz there's a panel you gotta look at, about a certain newspaper trashing a certain wall-crawling hero. :wink:

What? So they ignoring what happened in MK Spidey?

Ultimate Warrior said:
He catched the bullet in his right hand, the one in his left he missed and it went through his hand and he got shot in the shoulder.
Wait... what? I've got to go back and reread this issue.

Last edited:
I looked and I still think I was right about what happened, he catches both bullets, then opens his hands and they come at him. That's what I got out of that scene anyway.

Latest posts

Back