Fullmetal Alchemist *Spoilers*

I use torrents for everything, but I have a 10GB download limit, so some torrents I can't obtain.

Anyway, to get this back on topic, I still need to watch the last two episodes of this. And then I have to see the movie. I've forgotten what's happened.

Tonight I finished the series, after not watching the final two episodes for like a year and a half.

Brilliant. This is probably the best anime I've ever seen. Now I need to watch the movie somehow.

Man, this series never gets old.

After I saw the last episode again last night, I put the Movie dvd in and watched it.

Good stuff.

And now Cowboy Bebop's coming back, reasons to stay up late!

So...they've just announced a new series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-20/new-fullmetal-alchemist-tv-anime-series-confirmed

Technically, we don't know what it's about. For all we know it could be a continuation of the anime, putting the manga in anime form, or a live-action thing.

I'm hoping the second one.

Eh, this worries me, the show was so good I'd hate to see it ruined

Never mind I've just learned it's going to be based more closely to the manga, and I'm giddy

[youtube]nyuSWKas6TE[/youtube]
Though I'll probably still love the original more, it'll just be nice to see the gang back together

I still don't really know what this is about.

If I'm correct, didn't the anime follow the manga pretty closely until a certain point, and then they want in completely different directions? Is this going to be based on what happened in the manga now?

I'm so confused. I'll watch it if it's good though.

I still don't really know what this is about.

If I'm correct, didn't the anime follow the manga pretty closely until a certain point, and then they want in completely different directions? Is this going to be based on what happened in the manga now?
Correct. The early episodes of the first anime are fairly close to the manga, but the whole second half of the anime went off in it's own direction because they surpassed the manga too quickly. The manga still isn't finished, but it has started drawing towards a big finish. So the new anime version should be able to follow the manga's story all the way through.
I'm so confused. I'll watch it if it's good though.
I think the manga story is better and I know a few others here on the board agree with me.

Also, it might surprise people to know that creator/mangaka Hiromu Arakawa totally approved of the different direction that the anime took. It was a pre-planned decision because they knew eventually the anime would run out of manga chapters to adapt.

Also, it might surprise people to know that creator/mangaka Hiromu Arakawa totally approved of the different direction that the anime took. It was a pre-planned decision because they knew eventually the anime would run out of manga chapters to adapt.

I'm not surprised, because the new direction was really great and worthy of the title

Latest posts

Back