Fullmetal Alchemist *Spoilers*

April 3, 2009 - FUNimation Entertainment has acquired the rights to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Starting Thursday, April 9 at 10:00 a.m., FUNimation will deliver high-quality, free, original-Japanese-dialogue-accompanied-by-English subtitles, streaming episodes of studio Bones' new Fullmetal Alchemist via www.funimation.com, as well as key video-sharing partners.

The blockbuster anime series, which ran from 2003-2004, is based on the manga by Hiromu Arakawa. The follow-up film Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa ended the series but many fans wished to see the story continue, hence the Brotherhood entry was born.

"We are proud to be able to simulcast the most anticipated series of 2009," said Gen Fukunaga, president and CEO of FUNimation Entertainment. "I hope our fans will appreciate the video and subtitle quality we have achieved as we are working toward the simulcast of more series this year."

Stay tuned to IGN DVD for more information on Alchemist and its future releases.

Source.

Except the first episode, which wasn't. At all.

Not bad though.

The introductory episodes of the first anime were based on the manga. It wasn't until after they passed the the Greed arc that things really changed.

I think they just changed it up rather then just have us see Edward kicking the Catholic Church's *** again. And there was a brief mention of that plot in the episode.

The introductory episodes of the first anime were based on the manga. It wasn't until after they passed the the Greed arc that things really changed.

I think they just changed it up rather then just have us see Edward kicking the Catholic Church's *** again. And there was a brief mention of that plot in the episode.
I'm aware of why they changed it and I wasn't complaining.

Over the next two weeks, TOG and I are going to be watching Fullmetal Alchemist again. We're planning to watch one disc per day (13 volumes + 1 movie = 14 days). We'll probably discuss stuff that happens as we go along.

Anyone want to join in?

Over the next two weeks, TOG and I are going to be watching Fullmetal Alchemist again. We're planning to watch one disc per day (13 volumes + 1 movie = 14 days). We'll probably discuss stuff that happens as we go along.

Anyone want to join in?

I would, but I don't have enough time to rewatch them, I may join in based on memory

Latest posts

Back