Fury's Promise (USM #77 Spoilers)

I was under the impression that Bendis hated Ben Reilly, and was never going to do a "clone" storyline. I know Ben already exists, and is no clone, but if he returns, what's his purpose? Other than being one of teh few people on the planet that have a very good idea of what peter's DNA does.
 
Guijllons said:
I was under the impression that Bendis hated Ben Reilly, and was never going to do a "clone" storyline. I know Ben already exists, and is no clone, but if he returns, what's his purpose? Other than being one of teh few people on the planet that have a very good idea of what peter's DNA does.


Blatantly hes going to be the second Spider-man!! That says it all, just hes not gonna be a clone, cause clones never work! Except maybe with Boba Fett! but thats another subject!
 
Someone will need to remind me about what it actually was that Bendis has said then. Because, despite it all pointing to a new spidey, I really thought that wasn't a route baldy was going to take.

I mean, carnage was more or less Peter's dad, there is definitely some clonery going on. But Ben, I think he's just be the catalyst for an event rather than an a super thingy himself.

If we do see a "peter loses his powers when people are starting to think that he's spiderman, and then another spiderman turns up, thus proving that peter could not be spiderman, and then peter gets his powers back" pile of toss storyline, i may actually clone baldy and torture him in my basement.

You think I'm kidding? I have a Chuck Austin clone down there at the moment with a car battery attached to his nipples.
 
Guijllons said:
I was under the impression that Bendis hated Ben Reilly, and was never going to do a "clone" storyline. I know Ben already exists, and is no clone, but if he returns, what's his purpose? Other than being one of teh few people on the planet that have a very good idea of what peter's DNA does.

He said that Ben Reilly would be coming back around issue #100. Also, in the months leading up to the Carnage arc he called it the Ultimate clone saga.
 
UltimateE said:
He said that Ben Reilly would be coming back around issue #100. Also, in the months leading up to the Carnage arc he called it the Ultimate clone saga.

HMMM, thats very interesting!! I think im gonna stop picking up Ult SPidey in trades and get the single issues instead leading up to issue 100.
 
Widdle Wade said:
HMMM, thats very interesting!! I think im gonna stop picking up Ult SPidey in trades and get the single issues instead leading up to issue 100.

just out 'a curiosity man what was the last issue ya read?

And someone asked why would peter be losing his powers: pretty much cuz Fury ignored Peter after the hulkbuster unit took care of Harry. Peter then let his anger get the better of him and punched Fury, throwing off his eye patch [nice shot of the eye]. After getting up Fury tells peter to leave, which he does? Fury then tells ??Woe?? one of the head people dudes, to get ride of peters powers. and hence the this thread
 
The Captain said:
He would more than likely take his powers away because he feels pete cant handle the role of bein spider-man at his age and be responsible.

and i agree with ya on this one
 
When will we find out who Norman Osborn was arguing on the phone with in issue one of Ultimate Spider-Man (something to the effect of who is in charge)?

ISSUE 100… MAYBE.

Will the Oz formula continue to play a major role in the title (such as who is really behind it since Fury said Norman wasn't smart enough to do it all himself)?

YES.


-i really liked how peter punched nick fury in ultimate. way to go. is nick fury going to actively try to remove the powers in an upcoming arc? what issues?

YES. SOUNDS LIKE AN ISSUE 100 TO ME.
 
Bass said:
I think in #100 he'll lose his powers. Then by #150 (if Bendis is feeling generous) it'll turn out that it's just been a temporary punishment. After all, Fury's in charge.

you've done it again (about 100)
 
And he'll get back with MJ around that time too since he has no powers, and then a crisis will strike and he'll beg Fury for his powers back, and then he is spiderman again and he saves aunt may and everyone is happy.

I'm Baldy's ideas man
 
I don't really think it's going to be the story where Peter loses his powers... Whoever said it may be the fight between Spider-Man and SHIELD is on the right track. I like that idea best.
 
I reckon peter will lose his powers and ben riley could possibly take ova for a bit. He did take the blood sample so it is possible he could enhance himself somehow. Maybe they could do it in an arc where its focusin on pete dealin with not bein spiderman while ben is comin into the role. obviously, it'd all go wrong in the end and peter would end up as spidey again. (lol they could go the cliched route and have pete take down the new spidey for some reason) Not that ive eva read it but i know that the clone saga is hated by most if not all who have read it. maybe havin this arc would be a way for this story to be told without actually bein rubbish
 
AngryFlower said:
I reckon peter will lose his powers and ben riley could possibly take ova for a bit. He did take the blood sample so it is possible he could enhance himself somehow. Maybe they could do it in an arc where its focusin on pete dealin with not bein spiderman while ben is comin into the role. obviously, it'd all go wrong in the end and peter would end up as spidey again. (lol they could go the cliched route and have pete take down the new spidey for some reason) Not that ive eva read it but i know that the clone saga is hated by most if not all who have read it. maybe havin this arc would be a way for this story to be told without actually bein rubbish

i like the idea, instead it might be the peter taking the 'carnage suit', if you've ever seen the 'sins of father' from the 90's run tv. sort'a like that but not as many spidermen....
 
maybe fury is going to use the blood to make an anti-parker drug, but then decides to use it to remake the super-soldier serum, bringing everything around full circle and tying into the Ultimates.
 
i dont get it, first fury says hes in line to be an ultimate (USM 39), then he wants him to loose his powers (USM 77). im so confused... :?
 
I think its because Spidey ***** slapped Fury, gave him a change of mind....
Also, Spidey vs. SHIELD????? They took down Thor....
 
Back
Top