Fury's Promise (USM #77 Spoilers)

Ultimates said:
I think its because Spidey ***** slapped Fury, gave him a change of mind....
Also, Spidey vs. SHIELD????? They took down Thor....

they took down thor with the ultimates......


just because fury wants to take away the powers doesnt mean when he tries to in issue 100 that this is what will happen. dont be surprised if pete gets those six arms as a result instead of losing his powers...Yes pete will probably be up against SHIELD, as for these speculations they have no basis whatsoever...and i say this because i do it often myself...but understand that just because something is planned doesnt mean it will happen that way.
 
Last edited:
It was an idle threat. You people seem to love doing this stuff without thinking it through. If they could just up and remove powers from IGUMs, Hank Pym wouldn't be part of the Defenders anymore. The Ultimate Six mini never would have happened. And even if it was limited to just Oz personnel, then we wouldn't have seen three rounds of Green Goblin battles. It's not going to happen.
 
viewtiful joe

jtg3885 said:
It was an idle threat. You people seem to love doing this stuff without thinking it through. If they could just up and remove powers from IGUMs, Hank Pym wouldn't be part of the Defenders anymore. The Ultimate Six mini never would have happened. And even if it was limited to just Oz personnel, then we wouldn't have seen three rounds of Green Goblin battles. It's not going to happen.

It was an Idle threat yes...but the subject will be touched on as stated by BENDIS.
 
Are me and the Captian the only ones who remember what happened last time someone tried to take away his powers??? the serum didnt work and he got more arms my theory is that fury will make a gun or a drug and shoot or stick peter with it thinking it will dispose of his powers and as a result he will obtain his arms
 
Spade said:
Are me and the Captian the only ones who remember what happened last time someone tried to take away his powers??? the serum didnt work and he got more arms my theory is that fury will make a gun or a drug and shoot or stick peter with it thinking it will dispose of his powers and as a result he will obtain his arms

Am I the only one who thinks this 6 arm idea sucks?
 
what was fury's exact quote? wasn't it something about having the OZ cracked (sorry if that sounds strange)

i really doubt that he will lose his powers for more than an issue or 2
if he does i think it will be a 4 issue arc with a 5th issue epilogue with him losing them at the end of the first, whining & seeing the build up for the villian (scorpian maybe?) before the villian strikes & either he's given them back or he finds that he never actually lost them etc (loadsa possiblilites not just involving shield) at the end of the 3rd & the battle in the 4th with him & fury having a conversation in the final 5th issue/epilogue.

im guessing though that fury uses it as a threat & makes peter do what he wants, things the ultimates & shield CANT do. like 'obtain' information etc
 
"I want the secret of the Oz Formula cracked by my birthday. Get everyone on it." - Nick Fury.
"Yes sir." - Soldier.
"Osborn wasn't that smart. I want the secret. No more suprises." - Nick Fury.
"Yes sir." - Soldier.
"And then I think it's time for Peter Parker to say good-bye to those spider powers." - Nick Fury.
 
thanks, i hadnt read it since it came out so i only remembered the scientists and the OZ part.

Are me and the Captian the only ones who remember what happened last time someone tried to take away his powers??? the serum didnt work and he got more arms my theory is that fury will make a gun or a drug and shoot or stick peter with it thinking it will dispose of his powers and as a result he will obtain his arms

im guessing that there will be sideaffects like you say only i think that it will be different too the arms idea, because (i hope) bendis will want it to be remembered as not just a rehashing of old stories but 1 that he can say was his, he's done it with other major moments like with carnage killing gwen & the whole ultimate 6 story.

i hope that he mutates & the ultimates/shield/whoever the **** is needed have too take him down & it comes down to fury either killing him or giving him his powers back but so they can't be removed again. i really hope they change fury's character a bit because right now he's such a **** and he IS meant to be a good guy, either they go at it with fury as a villian, or with fury just struggling too decide whether to support or stop spiderman. either way they need to decide what sort of role fury plays in peters life.
 
hey ben is supposed to return in the same issue right? this would be the perfect time to introduce SPIDER-CARNAGE!!!!

(ive been wondering this since whichever came first, spider-venom or spider-carnage) wouldnt it just be venom or carnage, it is when the symbiote/suit (depending on the version) gets a new host, so why change it with spidermen?
 
i dont understand the question the suit itself isnt venom only when it merges same with carnage spider-carnage came when the carnace symbiote bonded with ben rielly (only for 2 issues) like i sai i dont understand the question so i dont know if this helps.
 
i mean that when the suits/symbiotes bonds with anyone other than the spidermen it becomes venom/carnage, but when it bonds with spiderman it becomes spider-venom/carnage. Shouldnt it just be venom or carnage because if they bonded with anyone else it would be.
 
Uhh, Carnage is an independent entity this time. There's no bonding with hosts. So I doubt there's a chance in hell we'll see Spider-Carnage.
 
Zp1d3r_W3I3_L337 said:
i mean that when the suits/symbiotes bonds with anyone other than the spidermen it becomes venom/carnage, but when it bonds with spiderman it becomes spider-venom/carnage. Shouldnt it just be venom or carnage because if they bonded with anyone else it would be.

isn't that what everyone has been saying? about the suits?
 
how about this

ok lets say that fury does find a way to get rid of spidys powers. somehow. would he go back to MJ? since he can no loger put her in danger.
 
hopefully not, i really think it would be better if they spent a while apart because they were basically married in most ways (plus i really prefer the peter/kitty thing) :-\
 
Zp1d3r_W3I3_L337 said:
hopefully not, i really think it would be better if they spent a while apart because they were basically married in most ways (plus i really prefer the peter/kitty thing) :-\

you have 2 fine chicks. one you couldn't get with cuz you didn't want to kill her (mj). the other an interantional hero who you just hocked up with. and then theres the black cat, we don't know what going on in her head. and Elektra who wants to kill him.

its a love triangle, that would be funny if played right.
 
nigma said:
you have 2 fine chicks. one you couldn't get with cuz you didn't want to kill her (mj). the other an interantional hero who you just hocked up with. and then theres the black cat, we don't know what going on in her head. and Elektra who wants to kill him.

its a love triangle, that would be funny if played right.

WTF? Isn't that more like a love pentagon?
 
Back
Top