Fury's Promise (USM #77 Spoilers)

I dont see that happening in USM. Why would they take the powers away from Peter, to give it to someone who can't even defend herself in the hero vs villan and all that jazz, type of situations?

A What IF? is a different story, of course.

nigma said:
if they give MJ peters powers? even in a what if scene?
If they do a "what if" scene in the series, that would just be flat out idiotic. Now if they did a "What If" comic/ongoing, then it would be fine. The only way I could see this would be an idea of I think Compound, saying that it could be a Peter fantasy scene, if that's what you meant, I guess it could work.:?
EDIT: I just remembered, in the Ultimate What-if thread, I suggested this.

Last edited:
Pandrio said:
If they do a "what if" scene in the series, that would just be flat out idiotic. Now if they did a "What If" comic/ongoing, then it would be fine. The only way I could see this would be an idea of I think Compound, saying that it could be a Peter fantasy scene, if that's what you meant, I guess it could work.:?
EDIT: I just remembered, in the Ultimate What-if thread, I suggested this.

i stopped paying attention to that.... by 'what if' im meaning something like a 'dream state' (that you don't know till the end?) that comment was for MWoF

but the way to could work is...

Bad guy A: kidnaps MJ for some unknown reason
Bad Guy B: takes a 'vile' containg peters powers that sheild took away (don't ask how)
both the baddies are working together and peter tries to save her and the 'vile' opens on MJ giving her superpowers.

that would be funny and sad at the same time

i stopped paying attention to that.... by 'what if' im meaning something like a 'dream state' (that you don't know till the end?) that comment was for MWoF

but the way to could work is...

Bad guy A: kidnaps MJ for some unknown reason
the baddies are working together and peter tries to save her and the 'vile' opens on MJ giving her superpowers.
if that happens i'm dropping the title, never to return...probably

Zp1d3r_W3I3_L337 said:
if that happens i'm dropping the title, never to return...probably

I'd have to say I agree.

UltimateE said:
I'd have to say I agree.
You mean burn your comics sell your kids and close the site forever.

Zp1d3r_W3I3_L337 said:
is there a poll anywhere on what scenario people think will play out?

On what will play out? MJ becoming Spider-Woman? I will never make a poll about that.... ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean burn your comics sell your kids and close the site forever.
if it happens i shall sell my first born (when i get one) just for you

On what will play out? MJ becoming Spider-Woman? I will never make a poll about that.... ever.
lol & i would never vote unless the option was "if this happens i shall burn my comics sell my kids and close the site forever" i meant, like the 6 arms thing or the horribly disfigured mutation...in adition 2 the 6 arms thing & stuff like that. so you/we could see what people think the most likely theories are

Last edited:
Zp1d3r_W3I3_L337 said:
if it happens i shall sell my first born (when i get one) just for you

lol & i would never vote unless the option was "if this happens i shall burn my comics sell my kids and close the site forever" i meant, like the 6 arms thing or the horribly disfigured mutation...in adition 2 the 6 arms thing & stuff like that. so you/we could see what people think the most likely theories are
I seriously want the six arms thing to happen. But only if Bendis plays it up for laughs like the Switcheroo/Jump the Shark storyline.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Things that are done "just for a laugh" ruin the credibility of the title. I'd rather not see it happen at all.
Pardon me for even DARING to suggest that the sacrosanct SERIOUSNESS of the UU be broken. Since you know, 'credibility' is SO essential to the integrity and credibility of a comic.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Lost me again... :?

Basically he's asking: since when is anything in the UU "serious"? ESPECIALLY with Ultimate Spider-Man?

You guys may have already touched upon the subject but i believe that Shield having Peter's blood sample may lead to the creation of spidey clones. Just like in the end of the spider-man series that was on fox, which those bastards never got to finish.

vader said:
You guys may have already touched upon the subject but i believe that Shield having Peter's blood sample may lead to the creation of spidey clones. Just like in the end of the spider-man series that was on fox, which those bastards never got to finish.

they sort-of got to finish it,
they left off with spidy saving all the other spidys worlds and stopping Carnage Spidy and then going in search of Mary Jane....

on topic...i don't think that we've heard any new info about this in a while

Latest posts

Back