Fury's Promise (USM #77 Spoilers)

nigma

i don't think theres a thread to this, so i'll make one. at the end of the last USM # 77 Fury said He wanted peters powers GONE. how do you think hes going to make them go poof?

We know that SHEILD has a sample of Peter's blood, and did something with it to make his healing speed up (after he got shot, don't, Imposter arc) are they going to use the same way to somehow neutralize his mutated gene code?

Last edited:
Well, first of all, the spider bite is actually the thing responsible for his healing ability...

SHIELD, however, does have a blood sample, which could mean Peter's doom, if you think about it. They could crack the code as to why this happened... I mean, they have people like Stark and Richards on their side, why not have them work on taking out Spider-Man?

Good thread, Nigma!

Goodwill said:
Well, first of all, the spider bite is actually the thing responsible for his healing ability...

SHIELD, however, does have a blood sample, which could mean Peter's doom, if you think about it. They could crack the code as to why this happened... I mean, they have people like Stark and Richards on their side, why not have them work on taking out Spider-Man?

Good thread, Nigma!

i'll have to go back and re-read the Imposter arc, (its where Jen made a guest apperance) to speed up his healing factor.

stark and reed should have it done before fury's B-day

Good thread Nig.

I'm not really sure how it's going to happen. Definitely one of the ONLY good er should I say interesting things that came out of the Hobgoblin arc. I can't wait to see what Fury's planning and I hope it doesn't happen suddenly. I hope there's little tid bits about it throughout the next few arcs.

I think in #100 he'll lose his powers. Then by #150 (if Bendis is feeling generous) it'll turn out that it's just been a temporary punishment. After all, Fury's in charge.

Bass said:
I think in #100 he'll lose his powers. Then by #150 (if Bendis is feeling generous) it'll turn out that it's just been a temporary punishment. After all, Fury's in charge.

:lol: Funny...

Bendis did say that Ben Reily will be back in issue 100. Maybe Peter will have his powers taken away and Reily will take over for a while.

Onrng said:
Bendis did say that Ben Reily will be back in issue 100. Maybe Peter will have his powers taken away and Reily will take over for a while.
Yeah, because fans loved that the first time around.

Goodwill said:
Half and half. Peter has an enhanced metabolism, with increased healing abilities, but The Wasp, not Jean, treated him with something to boost the already accelerated restoration of his flesh.

Baxter said:
Yeah, because fans loved that the first time around.

Half and half. Peter has an enhanced metabolism, with increased healing abilities, but The Wasp, not Jean, treated him with something to boost the already accelerated restoration of his flesh.

let it be known, I was never a fan of Avengers and still aren't a HUGE fan of Ultimates. What's Wasp's name Jen or Jan? cuz I thought it was Jen or was that the name of the cute girl that came in today :lol:

anywayz I had another thought, maybe shield has found a way to shrink the techonlgy that held genetic rejects at bay (the collars, from Ultimate Six). And had a way to encode those with peters DNA and inject him with it, sort of like a nano tracer. Whenever fury wanted; ZAP peters out of it. I know that wouldn't get ride of his powers, but it would keep him in check. :twisted:

the rubber banned man

Onrng said:

intriguing, interesting, but i hope thats not what happens....i can tell ive been gone so long, when did MWOF get higher posts than Goody!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Captain said:
intriguing, interesting, but i hope thats not what happens....i can tell ive been gone so long, when did MWOF get higher posts than Goody!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Goody has been busy - school stuff I believe....

Back on topic...

Yeah, turns out I had to devote myself to volleyball and the National Honor Society more than my posting on the site. Priorities, guys, sorry. ;)

Now, that's a cool idea... Embed the collar technology into Peter. That way, Peter can get his powers back when he discovers who took them away.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, turns out I had to devote myself to volleyball and the National Honor Society more than my posting on the site. Priorities, guys, sorry. ;)

Now, that's a cool idea... Embed the collar technology into Peter. That way, Peter can get his powers back when he discovers who took them away.

i was waiting for someone else to respond with an idea or something but...yea its one way for peters powers to go bye-bye with a -ZAP- it would be hilarious

Peter: "my spider sense is ting..." -ZAP-

Fury: "that's what you get punching me punk, you want more..." -ZAP-

nigma said:
i was waiting for someone else to respond with an idea or something but...yea its one way for peters powers to go bye-bye with a -ZAP- it would be hilarious

:lol:

nigma said:

Haha that would be hilarious :lol:

I like the idea of Ben Rilley taking over for an arc or two, then Peter coming back.

It'll be interesting to see how Fury takes away his powers though...Why does he not want him to be Spidey anyway, I mean he keeps a lot of the powerful villains in the triskelion for Fury...

Widdle Wade said:
I like the idea of Ben Rilley taking over for an arc or two, then Peter coming back.

It'll be interesting to see how Fury takes away his powers though...Why does he not want him to be Spidey anyway, I mean he keeps a lot of the powerful villains in the triskelion for Fury...

He would more than likely take his powers away because he feels pete cant handle the role of bein spider-man at his age and be responsible.

Maybe Fury should get Peter on the SHIELD payroll, and home school him!! That would be an interesting take!!

Latest posts

Back