Future of the Brotherhood

Taskmaster

Whos going to be in the brotherhood next?
I suspect its going to be an almost all new roster
and speaking of that, where are the other members? Sabretooth is dead(for now) and juggernaut left, and the others, I have no clue. Maybe they are at X-Factor. If so, Magneto might attack the camp. What do you think?

Sabretooth is dead(for now)
Hmmm.... well judging by solicits it looks like Sabertooth is going to appear in the next few issues.

Personally I think that most of the brotherhood went underground due to Magneto being captured (remember Prof. X was broken out of prison along with whatever mutants were in there at the end of ROTK, so they could all be still at large), I would like to see Multiple Man again, along with maybe Pyro or Avalanche, and I am assuming Longshot will be apart of a rebuilt brotherhood.

Yeah, Longshot is a shoe-in. Magneto owes a lot to him, especially becasue he pretty much used him as a puppet. I do believe he'll have a good position in the Brotherhood.

I'm not really going to speculate which members should be on the team, however, I do feel there should be less of a community and more of a solid team. Like the X-Men. The last time we saw the Brotherhood, I got the feeling that they were a pretty large group... Most of the members were faceless mutants. I hope that this is not the case for the rehash of the Brotherhood which is likely to crop up soon.

Longshot will be forever at Magneto's side now. Magneto's smart enough to know enough to keep him close always.

I would love to see a closer look at the dynamics of the brotherhood. I want to see Magneto put people in command and know definitive rankings of certain members. I also don't want to see Pyro and Avalanche introduced at the same time but would like to see one of them show up next time we see an assembled Brotherhood.

I thought Vaughan's interpretation of Forge was a bit off. I was kind've hopeing he would be more reluctant to do all of this dirty work but feel obligated to be broken out.

At first I had a problem with Forge this time around but soon warmed up to him. In fact, I think he's a better villain now that he's been developed. The way I see it, he realizes that he's so far gone that he might as well help Magneto and his cause. Plus, he seems to be a pretty well-respected member of the Brotherhood.

Hey, a good question for all of you... Why was Mystique not around until now? I find this to be extremely odd, given she's tied into Prof. X, Magneto, and Emma's past.

I agree that we should have a more defined group. Perhaps that's what I was trying to say before. There should be organization this time around rather than the random appearances of mutants. That was Millar's inability to be creative with the characters he introduced initially but now that we've got more capable writers (Please, don't bash me for bashing Millar... We'll get nowhere) I don't see this as a problem.

Also, Pyro and Avalanche shouldn't even come around if they aren't necessarily needed. They are the two most anticipated villains to come around in UXM, however, I fail to see a point to their appearance. They'll just be lackeys. Personally, I think both of those characters can amount to something else. Let them sit this universe out until someone's got a reason for them.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I asked this earlier. Really makes little sense to me. She's got a backstory that needs to be told.

I was hoping that Prof. X did something to Mystique's head that made her believe that she was actually a cat, until someone broke her loose of his mental programming. But there really hasn't been an opportunity for the Brotherhood or anyone to abduct it. Shame. I guess we have to settle with him naming the animal after his former love.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Longshot will be forever at Magneto's side now. Magneto's smart enough to know enough to keep him close always.
I'm not so convinced of this. Longshot's powers work in favour of him, and only him. For the moment, being with Magneto is what's best. But should a time come when Mags isn't appealing to Longshot's clearly selfish needs, he'll be off to where he can be appreciated next.

It's the nature of his power, he will always be where he needs to be. A proper forrest gump.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I asked this earlier. Really makes little sense to me. She's got a backstory that needs to be told.

Perhaps this is what Vaughan will be doing sometime soon... Remember the Ultimate Editor said he'd be back in the UU soon? Let's hope he'll cover a few of the more interesting X-Characters.

Taskmaster said:
I am assuming he's left the Brotherhood far behind-he doesn't know the meaning of loyalty

Agreed. I'd love to see Sabertooth come back to the brotherhood. And it could easily happen. Best thing about Sabertooth is his intentions are covered at all. But him rejoining Magneto is a possibility but you're comment on him and loyalty is right on the marker.

I would rather see Magneto as the kind of leader, the AOA Magneto was. Not that I want to see him become the savior of the world, but I would like to see him be more of a hands on leader. Instead of having a bunch of groups of worthless mutant fighters doing his bidding, he would lead missions and become more of a fighter.

I would also like to see him have a small core group of mutants he would use as his lieutenants. Something in the same vein as the Horsemen of Apocalypse. I think it would actually be pretty cool if there actually were four of them. The group I would want would be Longshot, Mimic, Bishop, and Blink. I was mostly thinking of new characters, because I was never a fan of their last incarnation. I know Blink is supposed to be dead, but my idea is to introduce Blink as a victim of Mojo's TV show, "Hunt for Justice," who was smuggled off Krakoa, by Longshots friends, after seemingly having been killed.

I'm not sure what it is, I just don't like Ultimate Sabertooth or Mystique and would just as well see them not be a part of Magneto's plans for a while.

I hoped they would establish soon what happened to the other members of the Brotherhood. How many were arrested? Are the Brotherhood mutants still living in the Savage Land? It's not really clear how SHIELD dealt with the Brotherhood after Magneto was defeated except that the more faithful members laid low until now.

MaxwellSmart said:
I would like to see him be more of a hands on leader. Instead of having a bunch of groups of worthless mutant fighters doing his bidding, he would lead missions and become more of a fighter.

Err, I think he has had his lesson on that score.

Remember when he tried to crush America alone? You know, in the very first first arc?

Yeah, I don't think he'll try that again. You have underling, you make them work for you.

I was thinking more as a team leader, not as a lone solidier. Whenever they've shown his underlings lead a mission they always get their a**es handed to them, which inevitably leads to magneto getting into an unprepared confrontation. Magneto is both an excellent leader and an incredibly powerful mutant. His place isn't as a general, it's as a commander in the field. If he were commanding them in the field he would also be able to utilize his superior leadership in battle, which would give his team a boost over the X-Men.

Last edited:
MaxwellSmart said:
I was thinking more as a team leader, not as a lone solidier. Whenever they've shown his underlings lead a mission they always get their a**es handed to them, which inevitably leads to magneto getting into an unprepared confrontation. Magneto is both an excellent leader and an incredibly powerful mutant. His place isn't as a general, it's as a commander in the field. If he were commanding them in the field he would also be able to utilize his superior leadership in battle, which would give his team a boost over the X-Men.

He did that in Return of the King, of course it was not exactly a frontal attack considering it would be suicide to directly confront SHIELD and the Ultimates. Rest assured, it seems that he won't try standard terrorist tactics for his new plan for mutant domination. This would also be good since we don't want Mags to be wreaking about everywhere he goes like he has always done during his appearances before. He will be laying low until Singer's run, and could possibly be using a less violent method of permeating his beliefs. It would be pretty boring if we would have another story arc of Magneto going nuts and trying to blow up America all over again.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the new Brotherhood will be the de facto Parliament of the little safe-haven (Avalon?) that Magneto will build on Genosha, after he helps Longshot overthrow the human government there, an claims the state for himself.

If this happens, I hope that SHIELD assigns Quickie and Scarlet Witch to be the ones responsible for bringing down Mags' little empire (assuming they will not be members of the active roster in Ultimates 3).

Latest posts

Back