Future of the Brotherhood

Right. I guess most of this convo belongs in the "Double Ultimization" thread that was started yesterday (?).

Back to the brotherhood. There's no real educational guesses I can make. It's just gonna end up being whoever the writers wants it to be. So Here's who I'd like to see.

Well... actually. Can someone give me a rundown on where the former brotherhood members are now?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Right. I guess most of this convo belongs in the "Double Ultimization" thread that was started yesterday (?).
That's a good place. I'll take care of it in the morning.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Back to the brotherhood. There's no real educational guesses I can make. It's just gonna end up being whoever the writers wants it to be. So Here's who I'd like to see.

Well... actually. Can someone give me a rundown on where the former brotherhood members are now?
Well, aren't they still in S.H.I.E.L.D. lock up? Where was it that Mystique got Forge out again? My best guess is that the rest are probably there, too.

Minus Sabes, of course.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
That's a good place. I'll take care of it in the morning.

Well, aren't they still in S.H.I.E.L.D. lock up? Where was it that Mystique got Forge out again? My best guess is that the rest are probably there, too.

Minus Sabes, of course.

Where's "SHIELD"? Not the Trisk. My guess is Multiple Man's gonna be sent to camp X-Factor. Just a hunch.

Who was it?
Rogue
Juggernaut
Toad
Blob
Mastermind
Hard Drive
Vanisher
Multiple Man
Prosimian
and Sabertooth?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Where's "SHIELD"? Not the Trisk. My guess is Multiple Man's gonna be sent to camp X-Factor. Just a hunch.

Who was it?
Rogue
Juggernaut
Toad
Blob
Mastermind
Hard Drive
Vanisher
Multiple Man
Prosimian
and Sabertooth?
Didnt actually meant the Trisk, just that S.H.I.E.L.D.'s the one who got 'em.

Promisian was the ape, animal evolutionary. Mags killed him with a lamp, remember? Wasn't an actual memeber of the B-hood, I think. And Juggs wasnt on the team. He skiddadled after Weapon X, appearing again in the Annual.

icemastertron said:
Didnt actually meant the Trisk, just that S.H.I.E.L.D.'s the one who got 'em.

Promisian was the ape, animal evolutionary. Mags killed him with a lamp, remember? Wasn't an actual memeber of the B-hood, I think. And Juggs wasnt on the team. He skiddadled after Weapon X, appearing again in the Annual.

All right so here's my line up for next time we see them:

On Genosha

Magneto
Longshot - I'm thinking it'd be kinda cool if we got a little storyline where Longshot turns out to be some punk. He claims he hates flatscans but we've only seen him kill the ones working for Mojo out of self defense and the politician out of Jealousy. I'd love to see him start to feel guilty about so many deaths at his hands if Magneto is still badass like he should be.
Mystique - Hopefully gets out of the Trisk.
Juggernaut - Little surprise for Rogue/Gambit. No word on what happened to him at the end of the annual.
Exodus - I dunno why. Ever since HoM: Hulk, I've been really interested in this guy. I'd love to see him by Magneto's side.
Pyro - Only start him off on the X-Men. It might sound lame but I love the Movie's version of him. *I had a big long thing written explaining but I'll save it for the ultimization game*.
If somehow they bust Toad and Blob out. Let 'em rip.

TheManWithoutFear said:

On Genosha

Magneto
Longshot - I'm thinking it'd be kinda cool if we got a little storyline where Longshot turns out to be some punk. He claims he hates flatscans but we've only seen him kill the ones working for Mojo out of self defense and the politician out of Jealousy. I'd love to see him start to feel guilty about so many deaths at his hands if Magneto is still badass like he should be.
Juggernaut - Little surprise for Rogue/Gambit. No word on what happened to him at the end of the annual.
Exodus - I dunno why. Ever since HoM: Hulk, I've been really interested in this guy. I'd love to see him by Magneto's side.
Pyro - Only start him off on the X-Men. It might sound lame but I love the Movie's version of him. *I had a big long thing written explaining but I'll save it for the ultimization game*.
I likey. :)

TheManWithoutFear said:

On Genosha

Magneto
I likey. :)

TheManWithoutFear said:
So he's really a good guy beneath it all, aw, sweet.

No, the guy is a selfish bigot, he'll do whatever he can to make his life easier for him, because that's what he's good at, that's what he is. Why twist him round to make he a misunderstood hero?

Guijllons said:
So he's really a good guy beneath it all, aw, sweet.

No, the guy is a selfish bigot, he'll do whatever he can to make his life easier for him, because that's what he's good at, that's what he is. Why twist him round to make he a misunderstood hero?
Because there are people like that out in the world. Just someone who likes to act all tough and then when it really starts comin' down to it they wuss out. I haven't seen that dynamic in a comic yet.

cool. However I agree that Longshot should remain a villain, not a hero-I don't want him to end up with Dazzler, I would prefer him just to become one of Magneto's top men.
I would like to see Pyro start out on on the "good" side as well, but to add a twist, have him as a member of the Academy of Tomorrow
Last of all, I think it would be cool if Magneto brainwashed Polaris into becoming his heir-after all, her powers are the same as his. Maybe Magneto could convince Pyro into luring her into a trap, and he kidnaps her to his base.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Because there are people like that out in the world. Just someone who likes to act all tough and then when it really starts comin' down to it they wuss out. I haven't seen that dynamic in a comic yet.
Man, people change their allegiance in comics all the time, and I would suspect that there have been plenty that have done it because they've wimped out.
What is more real life is a character not redeeming himself, one that remains a bigot and by the nature of his power becomes more influential. If anything, Longshot could rival Magneto in the mutant supremacy stakes.

Guijllons said:
Man, people change their allegiance in comics all the time, and I would suspect that there have been plenty that have done it because they've wimped out.
What is more real life is a character not redeeming himself, one that remains a bigot and by the nature of his power becomes more influential. If anything, Longshot could rival Magneto in the mutant supremacy stakes.

Changing sides happens all of the time. But where's the character who buckles when it comes down to it?

But you're right I can see people not favoring the change and Longshot is pretty cool.

What if Magneto is grown soft. Or not but misunderstood about his agenda and his brotherhood grows tired of waiting to "take over the world". And Exodus wants to get rid of the "old man". Magneto who has complete faith in himself because of Longshot's luck, let's his guard down and Longshot betrays him. Leading to the downfall of Magneto.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Changing sides happens all of the time. But where's the character who buckles when it comes down to it?

But you're right I can see people not favoring the change and Longshot is pretty cool.

What if Magneto is grown soft. Or not but misunderstood about his agenda and his brotherhood grows tired of waiting to "take over the world". And Exodus wants to get rid of the "old man". Magneto who has complete faith in himself because of Longshot's luck, let's his guard down and Longshot betrays him. Leading to the downfall of Magneto.
Now that's a good idea. Magneto is so busy being a "celebrity" that Longshot takes the opening as a sign of weakness on the part of his idol and tries to kill him. Maybe they don't succeed, but it could still be a good plot.

BTW, I prefer the bad Longshot. He is an example of what the Ultimate Universe is about. He's not 616 Longshot (the 616 version isn't even a friggin' mutant!) in any way except the powers.

Nas

TheManWithoutFear said:

On Genosha

Magneto

I like this line-up. Maybe not Exodus so much, but I've never been a big fan of him. I'd also like an ultimate version of Thunderbird to grace the Brotherhood's ranks, maybe instead of Juggernaut. Oh, and Multiple Man, he was too cool.

As for the whereabouts of some of the Brotherhood members. I guess most of em are in Camp X-Factor. I wouldn't be surprised if Sabretooth is too. Yeah, I know he "died", but how did Wolvie really slice his head off if he had Adamantium bones, hmmm?

Just my theories on their whereabouts, of course:

Blob - Camp X-Factor (he was at Magneto's floating base in the Arctic [which I'll just call Avalon for now] when the X-Men showed up, right?)
Toad - He was supposed to have left the Brotherhood along with Rogue and Juggernaut (as mentioned in #22) but then he turned up again (along with Rogue) in Ultimate War #1. He was arrested so he's probably in Camp X-Factor too.
Mastermind - If he could escape once, he could probably do it again. Doubt he's in custody.
Multiple Man - In Camp X-Factor, but it'd be easy for him to have had one of his dupes get arrested while he snuck off.

Who does that leave based on the larger scale Brotherhood stats?

Nas

Nas-T! said:
I like this line-up. Maybe not Exodus so much, but I've never been a big fan of him. I'd also like an ultimate version of Thunderbird to grace the Brotherhood's ranks, maybe instead of Juggernaut. Oh, and Multiple Man, he was too cool.

As for the whereabouts of some of the Brotherhood members. I guess most of em are in Camp X-Factor. I wouldn't be surprised if Sabretooth is too. Yeah, I know he "died", but how did Wolvie really slice his head off if he had Adamantium bones, hmmm?

Just my theories on their whereabouts, of course:

Blob - Camp X-Factor (he was at Magneto's floating base in the Arctic [which I'll just call Avalon for now] when the X-Men showed up, right?)
Toad - He was supposed to have left the Brotherhood along with Rogue and Juggernaut (as mentioned in #22) but then he turned up again (along with Rogue) in Ultimate War #1. He was arrested so he's probably in Camp X-Factor too.
Mastermind - If he could escape once, he could probably do it again. Doubt he's in custody.
Multiple Man - In Camp X-Factor, but it'd be easy for him to have had one of his dupes get arrested while he snuck off.

Who does that leave based on the larger scale Brotherhood stats?

Nas

I'm thinkin Camp X-Factor isn't just for any mutant. Some of them really want to destroy the human race. Alex was put there because he wasn't a brotherhood member, he was part of Emma's Hellions. So Fury knew he wasn't all bad just stupid.

As for Sabertooth... dude, he's already alive and coming back in Kirkman's run.

First off, Havok was left alone. Fury didn't do anything since Wolverine could have easily cost him his position.

Secondly, Sabertooth was left for dead in Asteroid M. He'll most likely come out of nowhere in the coming issues and we'll understand why. That way, we can get into more interesting things, right? After what MwoF said, I really hope he doesn't have any affiliation to the Brotherhood, though.

Goodwill said:
First off, Havok was left alone. Fury didn't do anything since Wolverine could have easily cost him his position.
I thought Havok was definitely taken into custody? I can see maybe I'm mistaken though? Can anyone confirm this?

Goodwill said:
Secondly, Sabertooth was left for dead in Asteroid M. He'll most likely come out of nowhere in the coming issues and we'll understand why. That way, we can get into more interesting things, right? After what MwoF said, I really hope he doesn't have any affiliation to the Brotherhood, though.
He wasn't on AsteroidM. I would like him to be on the brotherhood but his loyalties lie to himself.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought Havok was definitely taken into custody? I can see maybe I'm mistaken though? Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah, Wolverine told Fury that if he took Havok into custody, that he'd tell the White House what Fury had him do in the cave about a year ago (the mercy-killing).

TheManWithoutFear said:
He still wasn't there? Was he? His last appearance was in Return to WeaponX

No, he joined Magneto's brotherhood in the Return of the King storyline. He was ****ed up by Wolverine.

Latest posts

Back