I picked up the entire series on DVD at HeroesCon this summer. Houde was there when we saw it.

HE threatened ME with physical pain if I didn't buy it.

He can be very intimidating in that orange hat so I bought it.

Still probably one of the best cartoon series ever made. The self-contained stories all while contributing to the overall larger story was magnificent.

Seriously.

One of the most amusing aspects of this cartoon was the appearance of pretty much everyone who worked on Star Trek: the Next Generation. It was like a series reunion or something. :D

Exactly. Very similar to how most of the cast of Firefly ended up doing voice-work for the Halo games. ;)

Victor Von Doom said:
I picked up the entire series on DVD at HeroesCon this summer. Houde was there when we saw it.

HE threatened ME with physical pain if I didn't buy it.

He can be very intimidating in that orange hat so I bought it.

Still probably one of the best cartoon series ever made. The self-contained stories all while contributing to the overall larger story was magnificent.

Seriously.

Another reason to love VVD: His great taste in bygone cartoons!

Some thoughts on the show:

I'm currently in the middle of the World Tour arc. I considered skipping it because I heard how tedious it gets at times, but I'm glad I didn't. The stories there are still easily worth watching.

I enjoyed Avalon. Seeing the culmination of the Weird Sisters' and the Archmage's, and the survivors of Wyvern's arcs combined with time travel and King Arthur was excellent. Also great to see the Magus and Katherine expanded beyond one-note characters.

Haven't decided what I think of Angela yet. She's a decent enough character, just nothing really grabs me about her. I suspect it'll get better as time goes on. I can't wait to see her really interact with Demona.

Speaking of Demona, I'm consistently impressed at how short-sighted she is. Seriously, she almost killed Macbeth (which would cause her to die) for vengence. She's one of the stupidest villains I've seen and I love her for it. Maybe because she's still smart in her own way.

Thailog is making me look forward to the Princess and the Frog. Keith David does a good villain.

I really like how this show deals with time travel. It's simple and not too head-scratching and just complex enough to be interesting. It also adds a certain layer of tragedy since history can't be changed, only fulfilled. I really liked Vows, Avalon, and MIA just for that. (And Vows made Demona even more tragic and MIA had Gargoyles fighting Nazis.)

On a minor note...Jackal as the Avatar of Anubis is freaking terrifying. The guy KILLED A CITY ON A DISNEY KIDS SHOW. That's a lot edgier then I expected.

Looking forward to the showdown with Oberon I had spoiled for me and the Hunter's Moon arc. Better get watching.

I know the entire first season was released on DVD, and I'm pretty sure the first half of the second season was released, but wasn't it announced they weren't going to bother releasing the rest (the 2nd half of the second season and season three) on DVD since sales of the first two sets had been disappointing? Or am I remembering that wrong?

What I'm trying to ask is, is the only way to get the entire series on DVD to bootleg it?

Latest posts

Back