Geoff Johns confirms All Star Batgirl

Dancanread

Huh?

From Newsarama;

TORONTO 06: GEOFF JOHNS TALKS ALL STAR BATGIRL

"Rumored for a little while now, it was finally officially annouced Sunday in Toronto: Geoff Johns and JG Jones will team next year to start off All Star Batgirl, starring Barbara Gordon."

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=82819

So, um, of all the characters to all-starify, they go to her? Does this bode well for an AS Flash, or not?

Re: Um, All Star Batgirl?

Double posting is one thing, but double starting a thread takes skill.

Congrats!

I'm sure they determined through sophisticated means (focus group, gut instinct, asking their nephew...) that Batgirl was the best next choice to All-Starify. They have to believe that this is what will sell best. Now, they don't have to be right!

Last edited:
Re: Um, All Star Batgirl?

Disappointing. All Star Green Lantern and All Star Flash would both be best sellers.

I don't really have a problem with it. The All-Star line is intended to tell good stories using archetypal versions of DC heroes outside of continuity.

Johns decided he had a good story to tell, and if DC approved AS Batgirl, then I'll trust the pitch was more interesting than any pitches they got for Flash or Green Arrow or Green Lantern, or any of those other guys.

That being said, I won't be surprised if we get at least one more All-Star title by 2007. I also won't be surprised if AS Batgirl turns out to be a limited series.

Zombipanda said:
I don't really have a problem with it. The All-Star line is intended to tell good stories using archetypal versions of DC heroes outside of continuity.

Johns decided he had a good story to tell, and if DC approved AS Batgirl, then I'll trust the pitch was more interesting than any pitches they got for Flash or Green Arrow or Green Lantern, or any of those other guys.

That being said, I won't be surprised if we get at least one more All-Star title by 2007. I also won't be surprised if AS Batgirl turns out to be a limited series.

Every AS title is a limited series - that's what I heard.

keep in mind that AS Batgirl aint coming out until the end of next year.

AS Wonder Woman will be coming out before then, and I almost guarentee we'll hear announcements for GL (probably what they were alluding to with Van Sciver)and Flash, which will probably manage to come out around the same time.

Dr.Strangefate said:
keep in mind that AS Batgirl aint coming out until the end of next year.

AS Wonder Woman will be coming out before then, and I almost guarentee we'll hear announcements for GL (probably what they were alluding to with Van Sciver)and Flash, which will probably manage to come out around the same time.

True, true. Just seems an odd choice, especially if DC is following the Ultimate model, which they seem to be. It's not exactly the hole in the all star lineup that people have been clamoring for. But perhaps that's what'll make it interesting.

Imagine "Peter David and John Byrne team up to bring you the next great Ultimate series...Ultimate Wolfsbane!!"

Dancanread said:
True, true. Just seems an odd choice, especially if DC is following the Ultimate model, which they seem to be. It's not exactly the hole in the all star lineup that people have been clamoring for. But perhaps that's what'll make it interesting.

Imagine "Peter David and John Byrne team up to bring you the next great Ultimate series...Ultimate Wolfsbane!!"

I want Ultimate Mxyzptlk!!!

Batgirl, huh? Strange. The creative team rocks though, so I'll see.

They screwed up mainstream Batgirl, so I guess they're going back to basics on this one.

And like three years ago when they were getting All Star Batman and Robin going, they asked me to do an arc on Batman and Robin. I wanted to introduce Batgirl, and I had the whole story laid out and was really excited about it but they ended up going a different way.

Yeah, they screwed that book up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back