Ghost Rider movie News

Re: Ghost Rider movie

DIrishB said:
I'm just excited to see Nicolas Cage with his skull on fire after learning what he named his new baby, CGI fire or not.

Ya! can't wait for this move. I mean Nick has been tring to get into comic book movies for a while. First the Superman movie back in 98' that got cancelled. He wanted to play Norman Osborn in the first Spider-Man movie. Finally he gets his chance, and I really think he going to do a great job. Oh, and I love the fact they did not show to much in the teaser. Usually whe they do that the movie just plain sucks!

Last edited:

the watcher said:
Ya! can't wait for this move. I mean Nick has been tring to get into comic book movies for a while. First the Superman movie back in 98' that got cancelled. He wanted to play Norman Osborn in the first Spider-Man movie. Finally he gets his chance, and I really think he going to do a great job. Oh, and I love the fact they did not show to much in the teaser. Usually whe they do that the movie just plain sucks!
I'm actually glad he's been turned down for all those other movies, as Ghost Rider is the superhero part he's been born to play. Cage's constant sleepy-eyed expression, disheveled look and tired face is fit for a wandering motorcycle stuntman cursed by a demonic force.

ourchair said:
I'm actually glad he's been turned down for all those other movies, as Ghost Rider is the superhero part he's been born to play. Cage's constant sleepy-eyed expression, disheveled look and tired face is fit for a wandering motorcycle stuntman cursed by a demonic force.

You Know I think Cage would have made a better Norman. But as the Green Goblin. I really didn't think he could of pulled it off. As for the Superman movie. I hear he was up for the part of a kind of dark Superman, and the Dir. was going to be Tim Burton.

That's true. Superman Lives got far enough to actually produce teaser posters before Burton left. Actually, Superman Lives's cancellation is the only reason we got Wild Wild West, because Warner Bros. wanted a giant tentpole summer movie for 1998 and it was originally planned to be Superman.

Nicolas Cage as Superman haunts me to this day.

Yeah Mad TV did a sketch where nic was playing a drunk Superman It was funny. Nicholas Cage what they **** were they thinking?

TheManWithoutFear said:
But this movie is going to tank... sorry. :?
Disagreed. The movie will be good. It won't be an all-out rockin the **** blockbluster, but it will be good.

The only problem I have is I don't like Eva here. It seems like she's trying to hard to play the part.

icemastertron said:
The only problem I have is I don't like Eva here. It seems like she's trying to hard to play the part.
That's because they're making the mistake of adding a female love interest when it isn't needed. Cmon, Ice. The background looks campy and this is not "sin city" this is marvel, people (non comic books fans) are gonna want a semi serious story and it's gonna be hard enough selling a flaming skull. Besides I didn't say if it was gonna be good or not... people just will not go and see this.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's because they're making the mistake of adding a female love interest when it isn't needed. Cmon, Ice. The background looks campy and this is not "sin city" this is marvel, people (non comic books fans) are gonna want a semi serious story and it's gonna be hard enough selling a flaming skull. Besides I didn't say if it was gonna be good or not... people just will not go and see this.
Remember that this is just the teaser trailer. With more footage....we'll see.

But this is the exact same thing that was taken off the net before. And it was taken off because the trailer wasn't done. So don't know if this is supposed to be up, exactly.

Re: Ugh!

compound said:
What a letdown! I thought it resembled a generic still image from any of the Blade movies. How dull.
Oh dude, they so look nothing like Blade piffle. Get your sweeping generalizations straight --- they look more like discards from Buffy. Or intentionally camp Ultimatizations of George Romero characters.

Last edited:

ourchair said:
Oh this freaking sucks.

Why can't they make Blackheart look like Blackheart and not make the actor look like he's the guy from Greenday?! (No offense meant there)

Maybe thats not his true form. Maybe when he fights ghostrider he turns into the black demon that I know and love from marvel v.s capcom 2. Just a thought.:crazy:

thematrixwithgothkids.jpg

Latest posts

Back