Ghost Rider movie News

From SHH!, another set report:

"In a follow-up to our previous Ghost Rider set report, a new scooper, 'Xtra', sent in this update from the set (includes spoilers):

Hi, I am currently working as an extra on the film "Ghost Rider". This week we have been filming the carnival scenes on Bacchus Marsh Road, in Bacchus Marsh, approximately 40 kilometres north west of Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. If you live in Melbourne Australia the map reference in the Melways is Map 220 F5. You cant miss it from the highway, it's a big carnival setup with American and Texas flags all over it.

We have also been filming the stunt scenes inside the big tent. Today, 31st May we completed filming of the accident scene inside the tent where Johnny Bravo's Dad is killed. The ring of fire is fantastic and when the gas is running it makes the face of a demon with the flames, very clever effect. This is what drives Johnny Bravo to make a pact with the devil.

We have ceased filming for today, (17 hours phew) and then we resume again on Friday the 3rd of June 2005 for another 3 days or maybe 5 days of filming. The action is great and I can't wait to see the end result, with all the fantastic work being done by everybody. The crew are fantastic, the AD's have been great to us extras and the food has been plentiful and really good. The are looking after us very well. When the film comes out you won't be dissapointed. Even watching it being done the effects and acting are fantastic."

More pix goodness-

Courtesy of SHH!

GR-SET1.jpg

GR-SET2.jpg

GR-SET3.jpg

GR-SET4.jpg

GR-SET5.jpg

The Release Dates

North America
United States---------------------------------------------04-Aug-06

Europe
Danmark | Denmark----------------------------------------13-Oct-06
Deutschland | Germany------------------------------------28-Sep-06
España | Spain--------------------------------------------06-Oct-06
Italia | Italy------------------------------------------------3-Oct-06
Nederland | Netherlands-----------------------------------14-Sep-06
Norge | Norway-------------------------------------------06-Oct-06
Österreich | Austria---------------------------------------29-Sep-06
Srbije I Crne Gore | Serbia and Montenegro-----------------27-Oct-05
Schweiz | Switzerland (Ger)-------------------------------28-Sep-06
Svizzera | Switzerland (Itl)--------------------------------13-Oct-06
Suomi |Finland--------------------------------------------29-Sep-06
Sverige | Swede------------------------------------------08-Sep-06

Latin America
América Central-------------------------------------------04-Aug-06
Argentina-------------------------------------------------31-Aug-06
Bolivia----------------------------------------------------14-Sep-06
Brasil-----------------------------------------------------04-Aug-06
Chile-----------------------------------------------------10-Aug-06
Colombia-------------------------------------------------13-Oct-06
Ecuador--------------------------------------------------01-Sep-06
México---------------------------------------------------04-Aug-06
Perú-----------------------------------------------------28-Sep-06
Uruguay-------------------------------------------------15-Sep-06
Venezuela-----------------------------------------------01-Sep-06

Asia Pacific
Australia-------------------------------------------------31-Aug-06
India----------------------------------------------------25-Aug-06
| Korea-------------------------------------------------04-Aug-06
Malaysia-------------------------------------------------03-Aug-06
New Zealand---------------------------------------------19-Oct-06
Pilipinas | Philippines--------------------------------------20-Sep-06
臺灣 | 台湾 | Taiwan----------------------------------------04-Aug-06

Thanks Ice. The movie itself kinda surprised me. I didn't know people were seriously going to do this.

icemastertron said:
North America
United States---------------------------------------------04-Aug-06
Pilipinas | Philippines--------------------------------------20-Sep-06
Damn it, that's well over a month later than you Americans get it. I'm so spoiled by how you guys are so eager to sell your movies to our country that whenever a movie's release date here deviates from the North Am date by over a week I get bratty.

SHH!/Comingsoon.net interviewed Nicholas Cage about Ghostrider on set, and whether or not Cage will be doing sequels if the option comes to him.

Next year, Sony Pictures will bring Marvel's Ghost Rider to the big screen. The action-thriller stars Nicolas Cage as a motorcycle stuntman named Johnny Blaze who agrees to let his body become host to a vengeful spirit -- becoming a bike-riding demon in the process -- to secure the safety of his true love, to be played by Eva Mendes. Mark Steven Johnson (Daredevil) wrote and is directing the film, which also stars Wes Bentley, Matt Long, Sam Elliott, Peter Fonda and Donal Logue.

Cage talked to ComingSoon.net/SuperheroHype.com about the anticipated comic book adaptation on the Australian set. Looking very trim with short black hair, Cage wore a rather large cowboy hat during the interview and seemed very excited about his current undertaking of Johnny Blaze.

Q: When we talked to you at the National Treasure junket you weren't 100 percent sure about this project, whether it was the script or the filmmakers.
Cage: It was always the script. It was always a matter of trying to get the script to a place that I felt comfortable with.

Q:What element did it gain?

Cage: It was mostly different aspects of the effects that I felt were being diminished in earlier drafts and I thought it could be brought up, enhanced so that the movie would be more fun to watch. I just wanted to make sure that they were preserved.

Q: What do you think about the trends of comic book movies?

Cage: Well, I've always thought that the comic book film would be wonderfully entertaining for audiences, because it taps into the fantasy world more than just straight up violence. And I had no doubt when the first Batman came out, because of the title and the character, that was going to be a sensational-- a very exciting movie to watch, combined with the technology that we have today, that you can take these fantasies that many of us grew up on and really bring them to the big screen. You have marvelous entertainment. Comic books to me are modern mythology, and so it taps into all sorts of psychological and soulful levels for audiences in a positive way, in a fantasy element as opposed to blood and guts, gore fests.

Q: Seems like this is a really CGI heavy movie. How is that working?

Cage: I've always enjoyed working with effects. I like any aspect that's creative, and Kevin Mack, who's directing the visual effects, is a very creative man and a very interesting person to talk to. So, to me, it's just stimulating to be around it, to participate. I want to, after the production is finished shooting here, I want to go to where they're working on the effects and say hello and see what they're doing with all the painting and how they're going to make the fire work, because fire is, you probably know, the most difficult of all the digital effects to pull off. Fire and water, but even more so fire.

Q: How have your worked with Mark on developing the character and what input did you have?

Cage: I was concerned that this wasn't sort of your typical hero. I wanted to approach it from the point of view of someone who is beleaguered by this contract of selling his soul to the devil. So if you were somebody that was experiencing a great deal of pain, like in a dental chair you try to relax by listening to dentist's music or things like that, so I'm trying to play Johnny Blaze more in that direction than the hard drinking and smoking bad ***. I'm playing him more as someone who, he's made this deal and he's trying to avoid confronting it, anything he can do to keep it away from him.

Q: Does the stunt riding play into that?

Cage: Yeah. I think anything like that is a form of escape. Also, the stunt riding keeps him connected to his father, who's passed away. So there's a version of being able to keep that relationship going when he's jumping, because that's what his father taught him.

To read the rest of the interview, click on the link above.

This movie is gonna be better then X-3 and FF combined.

Tidal wave :rockon:

slimjim said:
This movie is gonna be better then X-3 and FF combined.

Tidal wave :rockon:
If the negative sentiments of X3 and FF around the Internet are any indication, I don't think that's aiming too high. :p

Latest posts

Back