Ghostbusters: The Game!

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nV55E71m4

:shock: :shock: :shock:

This will either rock or suck, but at the moment I'm VERY intrigued.

Here's the brief wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_(Xbox_360_video_game)

And the first promo pic...
X360_ghostbusters.jpg

Last edited:
Dude this will kick *** no matter what.

Nice find. There was a game on ps2 called "ghosthunter" or something which was similar to ghostbusters and it kicked ***

ghostbusters game + xbox360 graphics = dream come true

I sure hope whatever "issues" they're having get resolved A.S.A.P.

If by some miracle they could get the original cast to do the voice acting that would be great too.

I sure hope whatever "issues" they're having get resolved A.S.A.P.

If by some miracle they could get the original cast to do the voice acting that would be great too.

At least it looks like they've secured their likenesses. Besides, if they can't get the movie team, maybe they could get the voices from "The REAL Ghostbusters" cartoon, except of course for the late Lorenzo Music.

At least it looks like they've secured their likenesses. Besides, if they can't get the movie team, maybe they could get the voices from "The REAL Ghostbusters" cartoon, except of course for the late Lorenzo Music.

That would work too.

If and when this game comes out it better have Slimer in it.

I'm not too keen on the gigantic gun designs... I liked the slime guns and the proton-powered guns... a pistol and maybe mods for each gun would be cool, along with the ghost tracker, goggles, and ghost trap, of course... But the size of those guns is OVER the top. Great idea though. And I like the Chrysler Ecto. Pretty neat.

They could probably secure Dave Coulier instead, who portrayed Peter Venkman when he guest appeared in Extreme Ghostbusters.

(I thought his performance was a little annoying in that episode, honestly, but I'm sure it could be adjusted with a proper VO director and a decent script.)

damn

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/877/877068.html

according to this and few sites i looked on the game wont come out because of licensing problems :cry:

Not necessarily, this type of stuff happens a lot with movies, games, & tv shows. If the fan-base is large enough they may push though. It would probably take some time. But if the company feels this game is worth the extra push, we may see it in a year or two.

I'm not too keen on the gigantic gun designs... I liked the slime guns and the proton-powered guns... a pistol and maybe mods for each gun would be cool, along with the ghost tracker, goggles, and ghost trap, of course... But the size of those guns is OVER the top. Great idea though. And I like the Chrysler Ecto. Pretty neat.

I agree those guns look too heavy for some scientists to be luggin' around, they better have traps though. Hmm, maybe for boss fights.

Not necessarily, this type of stuff happens a lot with movies, games, & tv shows. If the fan-base is large enough they may push though. It would probably take some time. But if the company feels this game is worth the extra push, we may see it in a year or two.

I hope so.

If this works out, it will be the sole reason i will buy an xbox 360. Im completey serious.

It looks like the coolest thing ever.

I agree with ourchair, but I'd like to take it one step further.

They should get the cast of Full House to voice the characters. We already know the actors work well together, and they have the family dynamic that's so essential to the Ghostbusters line.

Dave Coulier - Venkman
Bob Sagat - Egon
John Stamos - Winston
Candace Cameron - Ray

And the Olsen twins will be Slimer. Why not?

This looks fake to me.

It was said that there is legal disputes as to who actually has stakes in the Ghostbusters Franchise... If there's that chance, why would they include parts from the film and Bill Murray's voice?

This looks fake to me.

It was said that there is legal disputes as to who actually has stakes in the Ghostbusters Franchise... If there's that chance, why would they include parts from the film and Bill Murray's voice?

It's real. www.zootfly.com.

There's also an interview with the lead developer on Gamespot.

Apparently, they say there's a few licensing problems, but its nothing that can't be sorted out. According to the developer, it would be an updated version of the movies, but I'm not sure if that'd work or not. . .

Personally, I'd love this. Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies ever. I can easily see them getting Ackroyd, Ramis and Hudson back for voice acting, as they were the ones pushing for a Ghostbusters 3.

This looks fake to me.

They're just stealing assets from the existing product (the films) and incorporating them into the video.

This doesn't necessarily mean Bill Murray or the film parts are going to be in the final game. It's common practice to use placeholder art, video and sounds for demonstration purposes when pitching a game to a publisher while it's still in development.

Latest posts

Back