Ghostbusters: The Game!

On another message board I go on , Some one asked Zootfly for info on this game. They responded saying

A Ghostbusters game is indeed in development, but by another developer, and the publisher is Vivendi. Unfortunately we weren't able to get the license as there were much more powerful players on the field.
Thanks for all the wishes and support! Maybe in the next life :))

Hopefully Vivendi will make a game that looks as good as this one did. This one seemed well thought out and very cool. Lets hope Vivendi don't **** it up

I just think ghostbusters was a very good movie. The 2nd one was not but the first one was.
I disagree.

The second movie had a great concept for The Big Evil Threat because it capitalized on the New York setting, by taking the ostensibly 'mean-spirited' nature of the New Yorker and making it part of what was causing bad things to happen in the first place and then using a wave of joy and happy singing to bring down the Ectoplasm Wall.

(Hmm, that sounds like a metaphor for East Germany or something.)

I disagree.

The second movie had a great concept for The Big Evil Threat because it capitalized on the New York setting, by taking the ostensibly 'mean-spirited' nature of the New Yorker and making it part of what was causing bad things to happen in the first place and then using a wave of joy and happy singing to bring down the Ectoplasm Wall.

(Hmm, that sounds like a metaphor for East Germany or something.)

I love both movies.

I love both movies.

The second one's fine, but every time I watch the first one I get this rush of excitement. It's just such a ridiculously good idea for a Summer movie and is one of the films (along with Groundhog Day) that proves that Bill Murray is one of the great comedians of all time. It really pisses me off that it gets such a rap within my generation as being a kid's movie, when really the humour is a lot more adult and clever than some of the bogus frat comedies they churn out every year.

I love both movies.

The second one's fine, but every time I watch the first one I get this rush of excitement. It's just such a ridiculously good idea for a Summer movie and is one of the films (along with Groundhog Day) that proves that Bill Murray is one of the great comedians of all time. It really pisses me off that it gets such a rap within my generation as being a kid's movie, when really the humour is a lot more adult and clever than some of the bogus frat comedies they churn out every year.

Agreed.

Hmmmmm. . .maybe my friends and I'll finally get around to making those Ghostbuster costumes for Halloween this year.

Agreed.

Hmmmmm. . .maybe my friends and I'll finally get around to making those Ghostbuster costumes for Halloween this year.

I was just talking to my friend how badass it would be to have one of those, the biggest problem is the proton pack and trap.

I was just talking to my friend how badass it would be to have one of those, the biggest problem is the proton pack and trap.

There are tons of plans on the internet to make your own for both of those.

Expect to be set back about 500 dollars, though.

I've already begun work on the actual costume and I'm going to try to get the Packs (6 of them, one for me, my girlfriend, and four friends) done. If not, we'll just wear the uniforms Downtown and worry about the Packs for next year.

I'd also love to build a Slimer Blower, but finding reliable plans for them is ridiculous.

Last edited:
This past weekend, Ernie Hudson put in an appearance at a convention in Ghent, Belgium, and one videographer and his pal, sat down with him for a ten minute chat. Ernie covers a lot of Ghostbusters ground, commenting on the possibilities of a new video game (though no hard facts that I heard - it was a rushed viewing, I will admit.)

He does say that he and Dan Aykroyd have talked about the video game, and he will be doing Winston's voice. He also says that as he understands it, Bill Murray is also involved with supplying his voice to the video game. The recordings were intended for this summer, but have been pushed to January.

video interview here http://protoncharging.com/gb/2007/10/18/hudson-talks-gb-in-belgium/

If all of them are involved. . .is this going to be Ghostbusters 3? I also can't see the game being bad if the original four come back either.

It could be the game based on the cgi "Ghostbusters 3" they are making. I hope not though. I would rather it be a revamp of the first film like what was originally planned. or an original story.

This way they can work on it more and it make it something really good. Not just rushing it out in time for film. this is just my thoughts though

So, uh, lots of new info. And a screen shot.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117976019.html?categoryid=1009&cs=1

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/11/gbstaypuft.jpg

Co-op and multiplayer are confirmed. The game will take place in the early 90s, Ackroyd and Ramis are writing the plot, all four Ghostbusters are confirmed to be playing their roles, Annie Potts (Jennine Melnitz) and William Atherton (Walter Peck) are also coming back, and there will be two versions of the game: One on the PS3/360/PC and one on the Wii/PS2/DS. We should be hearing a ton more as soon as the December issue of Game Informer hits, as they have the exclusive look at the game. Also, if the game does well, it sounds like they want to make an entire Ghostbusters franchise of games.

I AM EXCITED.

Last edited:
nice find dude. Glad it's moving forward. can't wait

Stay Puft is so much better than Taft.

I rate him

5/5 Stay Pufts

Last edited:
The screenshots make it look like it's based on the first two movies(I say two because of the shot of the museum) but the game info implies it'll be a sequel.

Maybe scenes from the films will serve as tutorial levels.

Either way, sweet.

The screenshots make it look like it's based on the first two movies(I say two because of the shot of the museum) but the game info implies it'll be a sequel.

Maybe scenes from the films will serve as tutorial levels.

Either way, sweet.

Yeah, I figured there would be four beginning levels: The Hotel (Slimer), Dana's Apartment Building (Gozer and Mr. Stay Puft), the Courtroom (The Scoleri Brothers) and, finally, the Museum (Vigo). After that, it would kick right into the sequel storyline.

Latest posts

Back