Ghostbusters - Timeline

Ah, I see. Yeah, they contradict the 1995 Casper movie. Like, a lot. Lucky for me though, since I only have to be concerned about the film that specifically connects with Ghostbusters.

Cela ressemble en fait plus à un prequel... mais en fait c'est un redémarrage avec des modèles de personnages similaires.
Je comprends mieux, merci. Je vais aller modifier ma liste sur Sheet

I'm in the multiverse crossovers now. Uh, the Turtles don't have, like, a multiverse numbering system do they? I mean, I can give The Real Ghostbusters and Answer the Call realities actual names, but I don't know how to distinguish the IDW Turtles.

Je suis dans les crossovers multivers maintenant. Euh, les tortues n'ont pas de système de numérotation multivers, n'est-ce pas ? Je veux dire, je peux donner des noms réels aux réalités The Real Ghostbusters et Answer the Call, mais je ne sais pas comment distinguer les tortues IDW.
Vous le trouverez, ne vous inquiétez pas. Pourriez-vous créer une documentation Google sur tous les univers, multivers, chronologies.

I'm in the multiverse crossovers now. Uh, the Turtles don't have, like, a multiverse numbering system do they? I mean, I can give The Real Ghostbusters and Answer the Call realities actual names, but I don't know how to distinguish the IDW Turtles.
What is the numbering system of the Ghostbusters Multiverse?

From my interpretation:

Dimension Prime - Ghostbusters I-III, Casper, Video Games, IDW Comics
Dimension 11-W - Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Stylized Version), IDW Comics
Dimension 35-N - New Ghostbusters II, IDW Comics
Dimension 50-S - Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, IDW Comics
Dimension 68-E - The Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters, IDW Comics
Dimension 68-M - Tokyo ESP, IDW Comics
Dimension 68-R - The Real Ghostbusters, IDW Comics
Dimension 68-Q - Slimer!, IDW Comics
Dimension 80-C - Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, IDW Comics

From my understanding, "68" is the animated universes. The other numbers seem quite random. It was speculated that when the OG Ghostbusters crossed the streams, it sent the concept of the Ghostbusters across the multiverse creating alternate realities. It seemed to be just a theory though.

From my interpretation:

Dimension Prime - Ghostbusters I-III, Casper, Video Games, IDW Comics
Dimension 11-W - Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Stylized Version), IDW Comics
Dimension 35-N - New Ghostbusters II, IDW Comics
Dimension 50-S - Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, IDW Comics
Dimension 68-E - The Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters, IDW Comics
Dimension 68-M - Tokyo ESP, IDW Comics
Dimension 68-R - The Real Ghostbusters, IDW Comics
Dimension 68-Q - Slimer!, IDW Comics
Dimension 80-C - Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, IDW Comics

From my understanding, "68" is the animated universes. The other numbers seem quite random. It was speculated that when the OG Ghostbusters crossed the streams, it sent the concept of the Ghostbusters across the multiverse creating alternate realities. It seemed to be just a theory though.
And why did you said that you gave Answer the Call a name?

The IDW turtles are the same as the crossover. IDW TMNT and IDW Ghostbusters are set in the same continuity.

The IDW turtles are the same as the crossover. IDW TMNT and IDW Ghostbusters are set in the same continuity.
They don't break infestation continuity, since It happened something Like that with the hasbroverse (well Transformers and G.I. Joe section) ahahaha.

It was a multiversal crossover, so separate continuities but connected. They go through an interdimensional portal. Then, we have Transformers, which are unique to the specific Ghostbusters comic book continuity but resemble their G1 counterparts.

So the cartoon TMNT universe appears. Guess I'll call the main universe [Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IDW Universe] and that reality [Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1987 Universe]? Ah, wish the Turtles had a naming scheme...

Nevermind... there's lots of crossover realities. Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones references. Oh great.

Middle-Earth Universe
Indiana Jones Universe
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Universe
Galaxian Universe
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 Universe
Castlevania Universe

All... in... one... page...

So... why aren't The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters cartoons canon to the main (non multiverse) GB universe? Seems like they are to me...

So... why aren't The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters cartoons canon to the main (non multiverse) GB universe? Seems like they are to me...
The comics literally showed them to be separate universes, so even if they seem to fit the comic said no. Although some version of the original movie happened in the past of the cartoons, since in one episode the characters went to the cinema to watch their own movie and complained that they don't look like the actors that portrayed them in real life, so some version of the movie with different details and the characters having their cartoony faces instead of Bill Murray and the rest of the cast faces happened.

Funny enough, they even show Extreme Ghostbusters to be a separate universe to The Real Ghostbusters. I assume that it branches after The Real Ghostbusters ends, so in 68-R, after the series we get their tie-in comics and crossovers, and in 68-E, it leads into Extreme Ghostbusters and their tie-in comics and crossovers. This is because Ray-68-E doesn't have all the same memories as Ray-68-R.

Also, Kylie Griffin (from Extreme Ghostbusters) is part of the Prime Universe as a variant.

Casper added properly. Just don't ask me to add The Earth Day Special with Egon's brother, Elon Splengler, president of the "Wastebusters", lol.

I mean, look at this. Nope, lol.
Screenshot_20231111_144645_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231111_144655_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231111_144701_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231111_144706_Chrome.jpg
I like to think all Emmett Brown cameos are canon and just a consequence of time travel, though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back