Girl Meets World (News/discussion/spoilers)

While I'm not surprised, I'm surprised it was announced so soon. We're only like 4 or 5 episodes into the first season.

And its been pretty forgettable so far. The show really needs to improve on its writing. And Corey needs to stop acting like such an over-the-top tool. It was the same thing with Season 7 of Boy Meets World. Ben Savage played Corey way over the top and made him unrelatable (and kind of unlikeable) in Season 7, and there's still too much of that even in Girl Meets World.

I got caught up on this yesterday and I'm pretty happy with it.

I really loved all the nods to BMW. "We've always done well, now it's time to do good." was my favourite.

It's not as good as BMW but it's got the nostalgia factor and it's pretty fun.

I got caught up on this yesterday and I'm pretty happy with it. I really loved all the nods to BMW. "We've always done well, now it's time to do good." was my favourite. It's not as good as BMW but it's got the nostalgia factor and it's pretty fun.

It has improved as it's gone along. I liked the recent episode with Minkus. And while I love the call backs and references to BMW, I think it's important not to rely on those too heavily. The show needs to stand on it's own two feet, and as it's gone along it's doing a fair job of that.

I thought the episode involving Maya's mother was really good. Hope to see more like that.

rs_600x600-140318140759-600-girl-meets-world.ls.31814.jpg

And Shawn no longer with Angela, from a synopsis I read for a future episode. :(

That's not surprising. It's kind of a given, with Shawn's character. Granted Angela was the exception to his "no long-term girlfriend" thing established in BMW. And compounded by her moving away with her dad at end of BMW, I didn't think either one would try the long distance thing. Even if they had, 14 years later and still together? Nah, not those two.

I hope they make some reference as to where Eric and Morgan are (since I don't think they appear in that episode).

Awwwww I'm episodes behind i'm on "Girl meets Father" but I was really hoping Eric would appear. But so happy to see Shawn is.

Awwwww I'm episodes behind i'm on "Girl meets Father" but I was really hoping Eric would appear. But so happy to see Shawn is.

Well that episode hasn't aired yet, even over here. I'm just basing what I said on the set pics and guest star list, where the actors who played Eric and Morgan aren't listed or shown at the dinner table, so I'm guessing they're not in that episode (pretty sure it's the Christmas episode).

They've aired up to episode 13 over here, and right now there's a month long break, then at least two more episodes air in late November. I'm presuming the Christmas episode will air around early to mid-December, go on another few week break through January, and pick up again. They'll probably finish the first season's airing schedule around February, maybe March or April if there are more multi-week breaks in the airing schedule.

Have to say, while the first several episodes were kind of weak, the show has been getting progressively better. Really liked the Maya's Mother episode, and it's cool to see Harley Keiner as the school janitor who is regretful for his past as a bully in the more recent episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say, while the first several episodes were kind of weak, the show has been getting progressively better. Really liked the Maya's Mother episode, and it's cool to see Harley Keiner as the school janitor who is regretful for his past as a bully in the more recent episodes.

yeah, my sister and I both cheered when he called Cory 'Baboon' at the end. :)

yeah, my sister and I both cheered when he called Cory 'Baboon' at the end. :)
I cheered too! :lol:

The show is very enjoyable. We'll get the kind of writing it has because of the channel it's on. If it was on ABC again or even ABC Family, the show would have more of the spirit of Boy Meets World (while of course still having its own as the new show). Still, like I said, very enjoyable.

I cheered too! :lol:

The show is very enjoyable. We'll get the kind of writing it has because of the channel it's on. If it was on ABC again or even ABC Family, the show would have more of the spirit of Boy Meets World (while of course still having its own as the new show). Still, like I said, very enjoyable.

:) I'm happy you guys like Boy Meets World and can therefore appreciate Girl Meets World. It's nice to know there are still some people with a heart.

I watched the pilot to BMW with my wife today, she liked it!

I grew up watching Boy Meets World when it aired, since the beginning. Love the show. Last year I even did a rematch of the series on youtube.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back