Grand Theft America speculation (Ultimates 2 spoilers)

Bass said:
I've been thinking about this - just where is Ant-Man, and Yellowjacket? I wouldn't be surprised if Ultron's AI was based on Pym - which in a way would make him a split personality. And maybe Ultron's been built off Vision?
Actually, I'm not too keen on some of the ideas about Pym suffering from a multiple personality disorder, but using the numerous superhero aliases that the 616 Pym had is actually a fun concept! :D

If Mark Millar's Ultimate Pym didn't exist, this would have been an interesting direction to go with Ultimatizing him. He'd be a scientist who deals with his problems through acting out as the monstrously child-like "Goliath", the self-superior "Giant Man", the strangely sociable "Ant-Man" or the carefree "Yellowjacket". :D

Nah, Thor likes pretty much everywhere BUT America. :wink:

Actually, MWOF, I actually really like the literal translation for the title "Grand Theft America", though I seriously doubt it simply because I think Black Widow vs The Ultimates isn't enough of a bang for Millar and Hitch to end their run. I would assume that the biggest bang would be saved for the last arc.

That said... I can imagine the arc beginning with her betrayal. She sells the secrets to THE ENEMY (shudder), who takes on the Ultimates for the big finale. I think that could be quite cool.

But then, I'm still convinced it'll be the Ultimates vs SHIELD in Grand Theft America. We'll just have to wait and see...

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's actually where I was going with it. Perhaps this would be a good chance to introduce Ultimate Hydra.
thst would be really cool to see the ultimate verison of hydra, but would they tie logan with viper

icemastertron said:
Oh, sorry. I mean America (hence the title... :roll:), since that is where Thor seems to mostly be. Again, its just a thought that popped in my head, and I just wanted to say it. No thinking went into it....

I had the exact same idea about the title involving someone taking over America, but I don't think it would be Loki, but 616 Ultron has been known to pull those kinds of stunts...

Madame Hydra is another name for Viper. Viper is Mrs. Howlett. Therefore, introducing Hydra would also introduce Viper, and seeing as how there was some sort of Mrs. Howlett plot planned for sometime in UXM (whatever happened to that?), I doubt she'd premiere in U2.

jtg3885 said:
Madame Hydra is another name for Viper. Viper is Mrs. Howlett. Therefore, introducing Hydra would also introduce Viper, and seeing as how there was some sort of Mrs. Howlett plot planned for sometime in UXM (whatever happened to that?), I doubt she'd premiere in U2.

Mrs. Howlett as in Logan's Wife?!

Um, yeah? Hence the wedding ring he receives back from... who was it, Cap? Some other military guy?

I'm checking, but I don't think there's anyone else who's claimed that particular title.

jtg3885 said:

Remember that 616 doesn't matter... If HYDRA were to be introduced, that doesn't mean that Viper has to be and it doesn't mean that it has any ties to Fenris. I think it's totally possible for HYDRA to show up in this arc.

There are two other options for Mrs Howlett. Rose, from Wolverine: Orign and Mariko Yashida who got as far as a wedding. Thats for discussion elsewhere though.

This is true. Viper was Madame Hydra at one stage but is by no means the only leader HYDRA has had. She's been involved with a number of groups as well.

This arc however, I don't expect an underground espionage plot. Someone else somewhere mentioned the Black Widow betraying the team and people didn't think this was big enough to be the whole arc. An underground spy story isn't explosive enough for the final (planned) arc of the Ultimates

Black Widow working for Hydra and Hank Pym losing control of Ultron. Those are my guesses for the arc. The Captain America revealation idea doesn't make sense to me because isn't Fury the one who sent him into IRAQ behind the governments back in the first place? I think Captain and Fury are more intuned than we think.

Another question I have involves the continuity so I can throw more theories for this arc together. Are we going to see Vision or Falcon involved?

If I remember right, Mark Millar once said that, "The first book is the Hulk, then the second one is the Skrulls. The third will be Loki, followed by Ultron, and that's it for us."

Not a direct quote at all, though.

Hey, that sounds good to me... I'm wanting an Ultimate Ultron more than ever, especially since we get to see Pym working on it!

Also, Bass, could you be so kind as to shorten your Location?

Bass said:
Er, why? It'd just be blank at the top. Is it messing up your browser?
It doesn't seem to be a problem. The info is right-justified, and doesn't cause the scroll bar to appear at the bottom of my window... but then again, I'm at 1440 by 900.

Latest posts

Back