Grand Theft America speculation (Ultimates 2 spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Pym is creating Ultron because he's a scientist who is on the verge of creating the most advanced Artificial Intelligence in the entire world. He is not purposely creating it to bring anyone down.
Yeah. I mean, you just KNOW that Fury will find out where it came from. And if he found out that Pym released him on purpose to attack the people of the country....well, let's just say it ain't gonna be a pretty picture in the end. :wink:

and then after pym creates ultron and it kills thousands. People will demand pyms execution. Then we'll see a Giant Man/Hulk mini where theyre on the run.

That might not be too bad actually. Or it might be terrible :p Probably terrible

Nurhachi said:
and then after pym creates ultron and it kills thousands. People will demand pyms execution. Then we'll see a Giant Man/Hulk mini where theyre on the run.

That might not be too bad actually. Or it might be terrible :p Probably terrible
Yeah, I'm leaning towards terrible at the moment. The idea actually made me wince.

Nurhachi said:

(I'm speechless. It's like, the same story again, and....terrible might just be the understatement!)

Yeah its a bad idea, but an idea nontheless.

Now i can be nominated in the "Worst Idea to come out of Ultimate Central" award

Yeah, I definately think Ultron will play a major part in the second half of Volume 2. Maybe, at least I'm hoping, the evil of Ultron will be a lot more subtle than we have seen in the past, meaning he won't exactly go all out & kill thousands of people like the usual Man vs. Machine Skynet type of situation. I'm hoping for something a little more complex, more insidious, more like how the Robots take over in "I, Robot" the book. They basically come in thru the backdoor, no one seems to notice, and no one seems to care. Although, this being the Ults, I'de expect to see some resistance. Am I making any sense?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm looking more at the rib/spine/pelvic area hanging above Pym. I could see a skin covering all of that.

I suggested earlier in this thread that Ultron could look like a human. I mean, if they were developing something like Ultron, they might realize that America wouldn't take very kindly to some freaky looking machine. They'd have to make him look like a human.

moonmaster said:
I suggested earlier in this thread that Ultron could look like a human. I mean, if they were developing something like Ultron, they might realize that America wouldn't take very kindly to some freaky looking machine. They'd have to make him look like a human.

There you go. Plus if Pym is pouring all of his time and energy into this project, I'm sure he's gonna perfect it by making him look human.

TheManWithoutFear said:
There you go. Plus if Pym is pouring all of his time and energy into this project, I'm sure he's gonna perfect it by making him look human.

Unless it revolts before he has a chance...

Goodwill said:
Do you guys honestly think that the Ultron story will be a modern Frankenstein? I don't want to buy that...
I really don't. There haven't been any hints in that direction except from seeing him/it in pieces. That is also just a teaser for the plot really. I don't think Frankenstein at all.

Well, yeah, I think that Millar is a little more creative than to do something like that with the Ultron diversion. Let's hope he's a lasting character and not some sick joke...

Goodwill said:
Well, yeah, I think that Millar is a little more creative than to do something like that with the Ultron diversion. Let's hope he's a lasting character and not some sick joke...
Haven't read the original Frankenstein have you Goody?

Goodwill said:
Let's hope he's a lasting character and not some sick joke...

I wouldn't really consider him a sick joke if he didn't last. Give me a good strong story with Ultron and make sure the threat is removed. If you ask me the "...to be continued" stories are sick jokes. We like closure remember. We don't need a robot as a reappearing villain.

Well, I beg to differ. I think villains come and go far too fast for their own good. For instance, I don't see Doom coming back any time soon and I'm more interested in him than Alicia Masters... I want to see something go down so that, in the long run, Ultron, will go noticed.

Latest posts

Back