Grand Theft America speculation (Ultimates 2 spoilers)

[Speculation] The Ultimates - Grand Theft America

u2cover7-1.jpg

This arc is nearly upon us, and rather than it in itself be totally self contained, I think it will answer some questions raised in the current arc.

Firstly, I certainly feel that this arc will cover Ultron. Now, the arc is called Grand Theft America right? That suggests it's been hijacked, taken power of without permission or without all the votes being counted. Now, I'm still of the opinion that Ultron leaked the files from his head plugged into the SHIELD computers (I may be right, we'll see), and if this is the case, then this adds a whole new dimension to what Ultron can do, he can do anything effectively as the world is run by computers. This may seem like an old plot, and I'm really not sure if it will run this way, but I believe the ultimisation of Ultron will be one that makes him more than just a big scary robot to fight.
Also, I feel that Ultron has this massive desire for order, to do what is right, he has a robots mind, and that's what computers like to do best, they like to order things, they have ideals. And he will want to enforce this order on everything (an NWO).
I think this is very Millar to do, and is a good parody of the real world too.

One thing that struck me on the Ultimate 2 #7 cover (the beginning of this arc), was that we have an army of super guys. Now one thing that Ultron is most famous for, is replicating himself. I do wonder that (If this arc covers Ultron at all) we may even see a parody of this cover, with dozens of Ultrons.

Now, this speculation isn't exactly baseless, but we have a long time to go before we really see how this is played out. Also, with Hanks Defenders. And the Union.
See, we have a lot of superguys here. Perhaps too many. But I don't think they are being introduced as such a passing idea. I feel that they will play important roles with the up and coming story.

Think I'm close? Or too early to say just yet for certain.

Do we know how many issues GTA covers? I was under the impression that it was the last of the mini-arcs (issues 11-12 or 12-13). Or does it encompass the entire second half of the run that would make up the TPB (i.e. Superhuman)?

I would assume it would be the entire arc as a whole, though it may well have overlapping mini arcs within it. As Gods and Monsters. Though I've heard no 3-2-1 style breakdown as yet.

Goodwill said:
Well, I beg to differ. I think villains come and go far too fast for their own good. For instance, I don't see Doom coming back any time soon and I'm more interested in him than Alicia Masters... I want to see something go down so that, in the long run, Ultron, will go noticed.
yuo have a really good point. villains should have some more to them then a quick fight and then there gone. i hope they don't do that with the the last arc of the ultimates

Seeing as how Millar uses a different approach to organizing his stories than everyone else writing an Ultimate title, we may have a shot for this one.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Anyway, I was over at comixfan and someone else had thoughts about Widow taking information and technology from SHIELD. So I put the two thoughts together (The title of the next arc and my feelings on the Widow) and I figured it made sense. I think Widow's stealing Technology for herself to give to the highest bidder. I mean she was introduced in Ultimate Team-ups and says to Fury that she wants to work for him. Ok, Why? Something's not right.

This is not the first place I posted this. I called this mother from the start. I know it's a possibility that it could be other characters but since this is going to be the biggest part of GTA, it should be brought here and now. The cover with all the superhumans and Giants on it is probably symbolic of the traitor pulling a Dorian Gray and swiping everyones powers in secret and selling to the highest bidder, in this case Middle Eastern countries...

I stand firmly that I believe it's going to be The Black Widow. The girl has no past and just hooks up with Fury in Ultimate Team-Up by saying "I want to be on your team"... cmon how stupid are we? Black Widow, the name says it all. And she's lying about being pregnant too.

TheManWithoutFear said:
And she's lying about being pregnant too.

It's not like it's an ongoing lie she's telling. It was done in the spur of the moment to confuse Thor.

I'm starting to think that Ultron is a Red Herring. I'm honestly starting to believe that Ultron's going to be shelved for another day.

I just don't think Millar's going to be that predictable... im not sure what he's going to do, but Loki mentioned having "friends". This is more than one person, and GTA could even be the European Union trying to Trump America's overpowering of World Politics in the UU

Grand Theft America could literally be WWIII

Im just starting to think its not so much to do with Ultron... i could be wrong, but i just have a feeling.

Hmn. Yeah, Black Widow is the obvious choice. But then why would Loki say it would suprise Thor?

Still, everything with Widow is shady. And now she has an Ironman suit, making her ultra-tough.

ok, for everyone who thinks it's Ultron....

Do we think that ever subplot is going to tie in with him? We know how the Ultimates work and it doesn't all simply connect with one thing... we'll have Ultron as a plot, the informant as a plot, and whatever else have u.... I doubt Ultron is going to be involved with the events of Gods & Monsters...

From Millarworld.net:

Mark Millar said:
Quite a few smart insights into what we have coming up, based on little clues we've sprinkled throughout this story. Yes, Cap is indeed weakening a little. This has been very subtle. Also, Cap is really the only one with something close to INNATE powers. Black Widow has some enhancements, but nothing close to Cap. Iron Man and the EU guys, etc, are all based around their costumes. That's why it's really important to replicate Cap's super-soldier serum. We'll see a little more of this later.

Issue six is COMPLETELY different in tone and was our personal fave until issue seven. Seven has just been solicited this morning and-- we kid you not-- this is the one that'll kick the boards into overdrive. You have been warned. Grand Theft America makes the other arcs look like Corman's FF movie.

The weakening of Captain America is obviously part of GTA. And it would seem #6 is the calm before the storm...

TheManWithoutFear said:
ok, for everyone who thinks it's Ultron....

Do we think that ever subplot is going to tie in with him? We know how the Ultimates work and it doesn't all simply connect with one thing... we'll have Ultron as a plot, the informant as a plot, and whatever else have u.... I doubt Ultron is going to be involved with the events of Gods & Monsters...
Yeah, I feel far less inclined to say that Ultron is a big player. If anything, it could be a romance subplot for Wanda. But not as big as I had proposed.

Ultron would be quite pricey to build too, the super serum would be cheaper, though we know Ultron can probably self replicate based on the 616 ultron, and Vision from Ult. Nightmare being able to rebuild itself.

Ah, we'll see.

Guijllons said:
Ultron would be quite pricey to build too, the super serum would be cheaper,

I wouldn't think cost is an issue - from what I've understood of what little we've seen, this is like Pym's little side project. I would assume that SHIELD knows little more than the fact that it exists, and even if it is some sort of prototype or something do they really care about cost right now?

UltimateE said:
I wouldn't think cost is an issue - from what I've understood of what little we've seen, this is like Pym's little side project. I would assume that SHIELD knows little more than the fact that it exists, and even if it is some sort of prototype or something do they really care about cost right now?
I think cost has always been of great importance. They are overfunded and underpaid. An 87 billion dollar injection doesn't come cheap, and I don't mean that financially.
1 Ultron could pay for a dozen Captain Americas.
But then we have that replication deal. Perhaps they are phasing out all the superguys to replace em with Ultrons after all.

no, I don't buy it either.

Guijllons said:
Perhaps they are phasing out all the superguys to replace em with Ultrons after all.

OK, that's a good point in light of Pym's "phasing out" comment to Banner a few issues ago.

[QUOTE"phasing out".[/QUOTE]
what he meant by that is they are willing to get people in there that are going to do what every it takes to get the job done. like if tony said i not going to kill anyone for you just cause they order me too. they could say ok let's send in the others

BASS QUOTE "What will happen is the rest of the world will become terrified of the US' use of the Ultimates and its this that will result in Captain America realising that America is causing the problems its trying to solve.

So he'll realise that America is and has been under the influence of a controlling shadow conspiracy, that America was stolen long ago, and he'll try to take it back.

Maybe the details aren't right, but I'm convinced Grand Theft America is The Ultimates versus SHIELD.[/QUOTE]

Whether or not it plays out that way, that's a terrific scenario. An internal US conspiracy--with Loki and the Ultimates' mole playing key roles-- makes sense on a bunch of different levels. And Captain America would be the ideal guy to figure it out and fight it. Nice conspiracy theory!

Parthuman said:
BASS QUOTE "What will happen is the rest of the world will become terrified of the US' use of the Ultimates and its this that will result in Captain America realising that America is causing the problems its trying to solve.

So he'll realise that America is and has been under the influence of a controlling shadow conspiracy, that America was stolen long ago, and he'll try to take it back.

Maybe the details aren't right, but I'm convinced Grand Theft America is The Ultimates versus SHIELD.

Whether or not it plays out that way, that's a terrific scenario. An internal US conspiracy--with Loki and the Ultimates' mole playing key roles-- makes sense on a bunch of different levels. And Captain America would be the ideal guy to figure it out and fight it. Nice conspiracy theory![/QUOTE]
what do you think would bring captain america to look for something like that. i don't think he would without good reason turn his back on shield. it would be cool if he found out that fury lied to him about thor and a few other things and that would bring him in to conflict with fury and shield.

So I've been thinking, and I don't know if someone has mentioned his anywhere-if someone has, sorry, but I don't (right now) see it as America being taken over by anyone, but more like America doing the takeover. All on the middle east.

Latest posts

Back