Grand Theft America speculation (Ultimates 2 spoilers)

Millars a crafty bastard. The 'something' in the middle east may be something small. You know, it might not have anything to do with terrorism, or Iraq or politics. It could be something that the Ultimates should reasonably handle. This might just be a ploy by Millar to stir things up.

Grand Theft America Speculation - the government

I guess that it would be nice to having people stop going on about the American givernment being evil - except that IT IS EVIL!!!!!! You only have to live outside the US to see that.

Grand Theft America Speculation - American Government

What the heck is a 'givernment'? I meant, of course, 'government'. Still evil though.

Thanx

Thanks for the welcome Caduceus. I have been reading the Ultimates forums for a couple of months now and have really enjoyed the depth and breadth of disscussion.

I am a comics fan of several decades (all the way back to early days of the Marvel Age) and have been absolutely blown away by The Ultimates. So it is that I have decided to finally have a say about something I love.

Anyway, thanks again.

ranaj said:
I guess that it would be nice to having people stop going on about the American givernment being evil - except that IT IS EVIL!!!!!! You only have to live outside the US to see that.

:roll: You, my friend, had best sleep in your overseas time zone with one eye open...

and Welcome and I mean that loosely... :twisted:

Welcome Ranaj!

And you're right. America is Evil (accept it MWOF). Evil with a captial "E" (accept it MWOF). Bush goes around with a top hat, cane, and twirly moustache (accept it MWOF). He has a whammo-ray (accept it MWOF). America is Evil (MWOF has accepted it).

On a more serious note, however, America is Eeeevil.

Nuthin'but love

Thanks for the welcome THEMANWITHOUTFEAR and ultimatedjf.

As for the 'one eye open' comment - I'll just take it as a token of love. Nuthin' but love right back at ya. Mind you, we don't sleep all that well in Europe 'cause we're too afraid of being invaded/liberated by the USA.

I don't want to prolong the debate (or get further comments from THEMANWITHOUTFEAR) but I have read the two Ultimates series as a commentary on the US government and its foreign policy. Expansionist, threatening, imperialist and arrogant. A view which many of my compatriots (in the UK) seem to share. This is not a personal thing about the USA - a republican (small 'r') project which is admirable and based on the highest of ideals. Perhaps the Grand Theft is that of America by 'neocon' extremists desperate for super soldiers that will help them maintain world dominance.

I side with those who forsee a SHIELD/Ultimates battle - or a USA/Ultimates/Union battle. Whatever, it is just comics. Can we get off the politics now? Please?

I'M AMERICAN!!!

and america is evil. but not all of it. :wink:

yay for hippies, peace, and love.

Americana

Well, I'm not American but I have a lot of family members who are.

It iss not America or Amercians who are evil - just the US Government as portrayed in the Ultimates and as led by Georgie Jr in the real world.

Long live the USA!

Bah humbug! to Neocons.

Yay for Hippies!!!!!!

By the way - I think the traitor is Black Widow or Captain Amerika.

:heart:

Evil Amerika

Oh, and someone please send MWOF a patriot before he falls over.

Issue 5 - Damn fine battle!!!

Especially loved the panels showing Thor falling from the sky and rolling down a hill. As for that one page shot of him on his knees - Hitch, you are a comic book god!

How about we argue the evilness of America in a separate thread and keep this on GT:A spec?

Latest posts

Back