Grand Theft Auto IV

The idea is that the content shouldn't be there in the first place - that it's an additional supplement which complements the original but isn't essential. Personally, I don't mind paying sixty bucks for the game and extra for the supplements. One thing Rockstar always does is pour quality into their GTA games. They're always bursting out of the seams with a lot of content and things to do. If they're going to put up extra stuff for purchase, I trust they'll be meaty.

It's like buying an expansion pack.

It doesn't matter. Lots of things are included in games which arent "essential". The Zelda games have tons of extra minigames and whatnot that aren't integral parts of the game itself.

$60 for a game is ridiculous enough. To have to pay any more is worse. That was the one thing that almost made me hold out for the PS3 instead of getting an XBox. Because, to make it even worse, with XBox you have to PAY for the ability to even buy these "extras" in the first place!

I have not, do not, and will not ever pay for extra content. It's asinine that anyone would even consider it.

oh man, i love this series. does anyone know if that myxboxdeal.com site really works? thats; the only way for me right now to get one.

It doesn't matter. Lots of things are included in games which arent "essential". The Zelda games have tons of extra minigames and whatnot that aren't integral parts of the game itself.

And you can't find a company that packs more content and more content into their games than Rockstar? I mean, the effort alone to do all the voice work in the game is probably as much as is put into a budget-priced game. They never skimp on that kind of material.

The fact of the matter is, they're pouring more money and labor into the game than they normally would (and they put a lot into their product normally), so charging extra for it really isn't that absurd. And if you don't like the content, don't buy it. You'll still get a full, detailed game.

The easy way out would be to take the same engine, same models, same weapons, and squeeze them into a "sequel". That's what most companies do. It's just, these will be much less expensive.

And you can't find a company that packs more content and more content into their games than Rockstar? I mean, the effort alone to do all the voice work in the game is probably as much as is put into a budget-priced game. They never skimp on that kind of material.

The fact of the matter is, they're pouring more money and labor into the game than they normally would (and they put a lot into their product normally), so charging extra for it really isn't that absurd. And if you don't like the content, don't buy it. You'll still get a full, detailed game.

The easy way out would be to take the same engine, same models, same weapons, and squeeze them into a "sequel". That's what most companies do. It's just, these will be much less expensive.

But is it going to be like it is on Oblivion, where you pay 5-10 bucks for things the PC users get for free?

What I'm asking is, will this software be free elsewhere and 360 players doomed to pay for what other players can get for free?

I have not, do not, and will not ever pay for extra content. It's asinine that anyone would even consider it.

I disagree. I have no problem with expansion packs. Which these "episode packs" might wind up being. . .

Last edited:
The trailer looked good, but was a little underwhelming in terms of grabbing my interest. I hope we get to see some actual gameplay footage soon instead of only pre-rendered cutscenes. That'll be the real test.

So. . .that was ridiculously epic. The game looks AMAZING. But, what nationality was the main guy? Italian? Russian? Sounded like it could go either way. . .

Italian??

No way. Sounds either Russian or from some other type of Eastern European region.

Huh. I waited all day for this to get Liberty City. Anti-climatic.

Oh well, it looks beautiful still.

The main character is Russian. Kick ***. Russian's rule at everything.

The people smuggling line has me thinking he'll be traveling to more than one city...

Huh. I waited all day for this to get Liberty City. Anti-climatic.

I thought that, too, but its completely redesigned to be very similar to New York (Unlike GTAIII's rendition, which was only a passing resemblance), so it's basically like a new city.

The people smuggling line has me thinking he'll be traveling to more than one city...

There's a *rumor* going around with a map that shows Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas. And it would make the game roughly 4 to 5 times bigger than San Andreas.

DIrishB said:
The trailer looked good, but was a little underwhelming in terms of grabbing my interest. I hope we get to see some actual gameplay footage soon instead of only pre-rendered cutscenes. That'll be the real test.

Pre-rendered cutscenes? That's in-game footage.

Last edited:
I thought that, too, but its completely redesigned to be very similar to New York (Unlike GTAIII's rendition, which was only a passing resemblance), so it's basically like a new city.

Pre-rendered cutscenes? That's in-game footage.

That is not gameplay footage. In-game or not, they're cutscenes. I'm talking about actual "you are in control, health meter, ammo count, third-person perspective" footage. I can guarantee none of what was in that trailer qualified as that (except maybe the driving, but even that came off as cut-scene type shots). I basically want to see now what I'll be seeing as I play the game itself. Not just cut-scenes.

That is not gameplay footage. In-game or not, they're cutscenes. I'm talking about actual "you are in control, health meter, ammo count, third-person perspective" footage. I can guarantee none of what was in that trailer qualified as that (except maybe the driving, but even that came off as cut-scene type shots). I basically want to see now what I'll be seeing as I play the game itself. Not just cut-scenes.

Gameplay, no. But that is what the game will look like when you're playing.

Yeah that was in-game footage.

Looks damn nice, huh?

I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it.

Although, I was hoping to play as an Irishman this time around, mainly due to the Boondock Saints.

Gameplay, no. But that is what the game will look like when you're playing.

I doubt it will look that good. Close, maybe, but not that good. The advertised products always looks more polished than the actual product. For proof of that compare a McDonalds advertisement for a Big Mac to the real thing.

Call me when there's some actual gameplay footage shown. Thats what I'm really interested in.

I doubt it will look that good. Close, maybe, but not that good. The advertised products always looks more polished than the actual product. For proof of that compare a McDonalds advertisement for a Big Mac to the real thing.

Call me when there's some actual gameplay footage shown. Thats what I'm really interested in.

Why wouldn't it look that good? GTA has always used the in-game engine for cutscenes.

I agree.

I enjoyed the trailer but I don't think it was in game pictures and it revealed nothing new besides you play as a Russian (i think he was Russian)

It would IMO be impossible for the game to look that good because GTA games are never the best graphics but you can understand that with the size of the maps , the cars , the details ect.....

Final version most likely will be about halfway between this and saints row. Not insulting the game when I say that but it's true.

now when I see videos of new features , new cars , the guy you plays shooting or walking down the street I'll be more interested in seeing that.

Still looking forward to the game and still say biggest or one of the top 5 biggest games that come out in the next year or two.

I don't want people to get me wrong. I'm sure the final, released version will look close to what we saw in that "trailer", but still it won't look exactly that good. Like I said, we can't make an honest judgement until we see the actual gameplay, anyway. That's the true test of graphics in the end. We'll see.

I don't want people to get me wrong. I'm sure the final, released version will look close to what we saw in that "trailer", but still it won't look exactly that good. Like I said, we can't make an honest judgement until we see the actual gameplay, anyway. That's the true test of graphics in the end. We'll see.

oh I knew what you meant.

I just meant that they used cinematics for trailers too previous games. As much as I love gta and I really do. graphically in game wise they always have graphics that if other games had that many flaws it gets a graphics rating of 3-4 but gta does it and sites say graphics 8-9

But i buy gta because i like the gameplay which is very fun and not graphics.

I like getting the game and if a mate comes around we normally put in weapon and armour cheats and get the police after us just to see what the hell will happen.

e.g on vice city (i think) I had 6 stars and my car was wrecked only thing I could steal near by was a baggage carrier and I did and slowly started getting away :lol: I was so proud it even came up on screen more media cover than any other chase then a tank hit me :lol: overkill but it did the job

I agree.

I enjoyed the trailer but I don't think it was in game pictures and it revealed nothing new besides you play as a Russian (i think he was Russian)

He's Russian.

SSJMole said:
It would IMO be impossible for the game to look that good because GTA games are never the best graphics but you can understand that with the size of the maps , the cars , the details ect.....

So, your logic is, since GTA games have always had mediocre graphics in the past, that means it's impossible for a new iteration to have good graphics? A-whaaaaaaaaaaa?

SSJMole said:
Final version most likely will be about halfway between this and saints row. Not insulting the game when I say that but it's true.

Based on what? The game's developer saying "These are in-game graphics" or random guessing?

SSJMole said:
now when I see videos of new features , new cars , the guy you plays shooting or walking down the street I'll be more interested in seeing that.

Me too. If the mechanics of the game don't get a serious upgrade along with the graphics, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

SSJMole said:
Still looking forward to the game and still say biggest or one of the top 5 biggest games that come out in the next year or two.

word

DIrishB said:
We'll probably start seeing a lot more info on the game now that the trailer's been released and its only 6 and a half months from release.

All I remember was, they didn't release much information at all on San Andreas until shortly before it came out. Hopefully since this is the first next-gen game, and since Rockstar's in some dire straits, they'll hype this one more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back