Grand Theft Auto IV

that sounds fantastic

Indeed it does. The only two "negative" things I can see people complaining about are the fact that there are no planes and that its smaller than San Andreas. Personally, I'm fine with no planes and I HATED the size of San Andreas. Something a little bigger than Vice City would be perfect, I think. I'd also love if they had Helicopters, but its not important.

Smaller than San Andreas and no planes? I like GTA because it doesn't take itself too seriously, like True Crime does. I just hope it doesn't become a mega-realistic game, because that's what ruined True Crime. I like being able to pull off head-turning **** that makes you go WTF!

No more 9/11 recreations for me, I guess. =(

Smaller than San Andreas and no planes? I like GTA because it doesn't take itself too seriously, like True Crime does. I just hope it doesn't become a mega-realistic game, because that's what ruined True Crime. I like being able to pull off head-turning **** that makes you go WTF!

No more 9/11 recreations for me, I guess. =(

San Andreas was a state, so it makes sense that a city is smaller than it. Plus, planes were only available in San Andreas (Minus the water skimmer in VC) due to its overwhelming size. I also don't think they're going for realism, but rather an edgier game.

Last edited:
Well, they didn't say anything about helicopters, so I hope they're still in there. After all, Vice City was the smallest and it had helicopters.

So, apparently in GTA IV you can't really just open cars and steal them, you have to hot wire them or something?

So, apparently in GTA IV you can't really just open cars and steal them, you have to hot wire them or something?

. . .really? That's. . .a little too realistic for my taste. I'd assume you can still throw people out and just take them that way, but I think I heard a lot more car doors will be locked, too.

While the trailers look fantastic, its stuff like this that makes me a little. . .skeptical at how this will turn out.

I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere....It might have been on GTAGaming.com.

Gamespot said:
Grand Theft Auto IV delayed to 2008
[UPDATE] Take-Two pushes back blockbuster to next year, saying "time-intensive" nature of dual-platform development; annual earnings estimate plummets by over $200 million.
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Aug 2, 2007 2:04 pm PT

The overcrowded monkey house that was the 2007 holiday release schedule lost one of its 800-pound gorillas today. Without warning, this afternoon Take-Two Interactive stunned the game industry by announcing it was delaying Grand Theft Auto IV to the second quarter of its 2008 fiscal year, which begins on February 1, 2008. Published by Take-Two subsidiary Rockstar Games, the crime-action title had been slated to ship for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America on October 16, 2007.

"Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms," said Take-Two chairman Strauss Zelnick in a statement.

Unsurprisingly, not having GTA IV in its 2007 fiscal-year lineup has put a serious dent in Take-Two's earnings expectations. The company's guidance is now for net revenue of $950 million to $1.0 billion for the 12 months ending October 31, and a loss of $1.25 to $1.35 per share. That figure is over $200 million lower than prior estimates of $1.2 billion to $1.25 billion in annual revenue--which would have been "break even results" according to the company's second-quarter earnings statement. With the AO-rated Manhunt 2 on indefinite hold, Take-Two now expects net revenue between $275 million to $300 million for its fourth fiscal quarter, with a net loss of $0.05 to $0.10 per share.

"Obviously, we are very disappointed to reduce guidance after having previously reaffirmed it," said Take-Two CEO Ben Feder. "Other than a matter of timing, the movement of Grand Theft Auto IV does not compromise Take-Two in any way. We are in sound financial condition and have a great product lineup."
This is the whole article.

Unsurprisingly, not having GTA IV in its 2007 fiscal-year lineup has put a serious dent in Take-Two's earnings expectations.

Understatement of the year. Esp. considering they miss the Christmas season.

Dummies.

Tor Thorsen

I wish I had that name. He should change his first name to Thor. Thor Thorsen. Awesome.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27326

"We think it is likely that the Rockstar team had difficulty in building an exceptionally complicated game for the PS3, and failed to recognise how far away from completion the game truly was until recently," said Pachter.

"We think it is also likely that Take-Two had a contractual commitment to Sony that it would not favour competitor Microsoft by launching the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV prior to launching the PS3 version, and believe that any delay of the PS3 version necessitated a delay of the Xbox 360 version," he added.

On all the game sites I'm going on the general feeling is that Playstation 3 could not handle the game because of how much worse it is to 360.

great way to go Sony and your "next gen console" :roll: It sucks that people with the 360 have to wait because of it.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm looking forward to the new GTA. It, Assassin's Creed and MGS 4 are the only reasons I want to get a PS3.

I'm not sure how the whole "no planes" and "more realism" thing might go down, but I have faith in Rockstars genius. I'm also surprised to hear that it'll be smaller than San Andreas. WTF. You'd think that the PS3, of all things, could handle it. I dunno.

You'd think that the PS3, of all things, could handle it. I dunno.

They need to give themselves room to expand and grow for the next installment.

This was what ONE analist thought was the cause. No one in the area, just one of those analist that like to predict the future. Rockstar didn't comment about what's causing the delay. Feel free to imagine anything you want.

Latest posts

Back