Grant Morrison Leaving Action Comics After #16, Batman Inc after #12

E

Excelsior Club
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40014

"The "Action Comics" run concludes with issue #16, "Batman Incorporated" wraps up my take with issue #12, and after that I don't have any plans for monthly superhero books for a while. "Multiversity" is eight issues and I'm 30-odd pages into a Wonder Woman project but those are finite stories."

This September, Image Comics will publish its first creator-owned series from the writer – the crime noir/psycheadelic pony/Christmas fable "HAPPY!" with artist Darick Robertson. And to hear Morrison describe it, the book is only the first step in a new set of stories that will see him break off from regular superhero work for the foreseeable future.

Also, Chris Burnham said today that Batman Inc. #3 is delayed until next month because of a scene that was deemed to controversial after the Aurora, CO shootings.

Batman, Inc. shouldn't be news except the implication that it will continue after 12 issues. I'm pretty sure it was suggested it would last 12 issues then end.

AC is kind of surprise though. He's kind of floundered through some of the early issues. It seems unlikely that 18 issues will tie everything up. I wonder if there's been a falling out with DC.

This is good news. We already knew he was leaving Batman Incorporated after #12 (and I can't wait to reread his whole Batman run once it's finished) and I would rather have more original stuff than the mediocre Action Comics. Happy! sounds great.

I personally don't think it's good news, but that's only because I have completely loved his Batman run. One one hand, I hate to see it end, but on their other hand it will be nice to finally be able to read it complete to its conclusion.

Also, somehow I missed the news that he was done on Batman Inc with #12 so that was news to me.

Action Comics #13 was beautiful.

Probably the best New 52 issue thus far, and exactly what I was hoping this book would be when I heard Grant Morrison was writing it.

It's a sort of Phantom Zone story but the beautiful part is the bit about how Krypto has always been there throughout Clark's life, helping him along even though Clark couldn't see or perceive him.

I loved it. Now I'm upset he's leaving the book.

Back