Great Vampire Movies

I really am not a fan of Shadow of the Vampire. I bought it on DVD sight unseen expecting it to rule but. . . nope. It just didn't. Not for me anyway.

Bram Stoker's Dracula, however, is amazing.

:shock: You make me sick.

Bram Stoker's and Lost Boys were good though.

Interview with a Vampire

Salem's Lot
Underworld and Underworld: Revolution
Blade I and II
My Best Friend is a Vampire
John Carpenter's Vampires
Dracula: Dead and Loving It

Coming Soon:

I Am Legend

I'll agree with Bram Stoker's, Lost Boys and Interview, but Underworld? Not a chance in hell. That movie took a piss on what Vampires and Werewolves are supposed to be.

Blade and Blade II were good, but not because they were vampire movies. They were good because they were dark superhero movies.

Dracula: Dead and Loving It. :lol:

Care if we extend this to Werewolf movies too?

Last edited:
Yes, I forgot, Underworld was horrible. I didn't even have any idea what was going on most of the time.

But it doesn't matter anyway, because each and every one of these movies pales in comparison to the majesty that is Monster Squad.

I don't really care for vampire movies but Underworld was horrible. I couldn't even get past the first ten minutes.

That is no excuse... Sure Stuart Townsend played up the dark mysterious and sexy aspect, but Cruise was the far better actor, and stayed much closer to what Lestat was supposed to be in the first book.

My biggest problem with Interview with a Vampire was Antonio Banderas as Armand. Armand is supposed to be eternally 15 or 16... It adds so much to the character to have him be so old and so lost and yet so young.

The Vampire Lestat is by far the best book in the series... But I've read and loved them all... Even the delightfully heretical Memnoch the Devil, where Lestat literally drinks the blood of Christ.
God, they just got so bad as Anne Rice got progressively more retarded. The third one was really the last of them that was coherent and...God. God. There are just no words for that woman's mental illness, or her lack of any writing talent beyond the ability to create atmosphere. You can't have a book made entirely of atmospheres woman! Just no!

Reading Dr. Starngefate's above quote (which I somehow missed before), I guess you could defend the Banderas casting decision by the virtue of already having one eternally young character, with Kirsten Dunst. The movie didn't necessarily need another one, even though it might have been important in the book.

That said, I have never read an Anne Rice book, so I can't say for sure how much it matters, but I really liked the movie Intrview with the Vampire and I was actually thinking of reading her new Jesus book at some point since I am interested in the gnostic scriptures she apparently draws her history from.

I haven't seen it, but there's a radio host in Chicago, Buzz Killman, who loves it. It's his favorite movie. He used to give it out as a prize in some contest.

I can't believe you haven't seen it. It won the 1995 Dudely Award for Most Wicked Awesome Movie of the Year.

Also, Buzz Killman?

Really? Are you serious? Because if you're serious then, Jesus.... Jesus, do I hate Chicago.

He should be partnered with Roald Dahl.

That would be awesome.

Roald Dahl was my favorite author when I was a kid.

Steve Dahl will never be my favorite anything. Even though he did make the White Sox forfeit a game after his Disco Demolition night turned into a flaming disaster.

How come no one's mentioned Vampire in Brooklyn?

Because I saw it and tried so hard to forget it. I almost forgot about it too. Until now. Thanks................dick.

But I missed MWoF's "Dracula: Dead and Loving It" mention.....GREAT STUFF!

"LOOK AT ME! I'VE DRINKING WINE AND EATING CHICKEN!" :lol:

"NO!!!! NOT ANOTHER ENEMEA!" :lol:

Last edited:
Salem's Lot
Fright Night (Chris Sarandon)
Dracula (Frank Langella)
John Carpenter's Vampires
Bram Stokers Dracula
The Lost Boys
The Last Voyage of the Demeter
Interview With the Vampire
Morbius