Green Lantern series discussion (Spoilers!)

Saint-Walker turned Hal Jordan into a Blue Lantern in order to purge the rage from his body... and now he seems to be stuck between willpower and hope.

Next: Agent Orange!

I really liked when he was a merge of the Red. Blue, and Green. Insane.

I was confused, was Carol offered an Indigo or Sapphire ring?

I think it was an Indigo, but based off her appearance it was a Sapphire. The Indigo Lanterns are the only ones that I haven't see any hints too, not like the others.

Really looking forward to the Orange Lanterns. Last arc until In Blackest Night.

When you think about it, the Blue Lantern's weakness is up there with the Green Lantern's old weakness to yellow.

Last edited:
I finally finished Rebirth the other day. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I bought it when it came out and wasn't into it after the first couple of issues, and didn't finish it. I recently read and loved Sinestro Corps War and was convinced by TOG and Proj to give Rebirth another shot. It was brilliant. Everything about Parallax being the impurity and the whole reason for the weakness against yellow was just brilliant. The intro to the book says something about how when they decided to bring Hal back they could've done it a couple different ways, including just giving him the ring and having that be that. The author said something to the effect of "but this is Geoff Johns."

So yeah, I totally dug it. Turned right around and bought Revenge of the Green Lanterns and Wanted (I already picked up No Fear). I want to get them read so I can start reading GL monthly.

I finally finished Rebirth the other day. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I bought it when it came out and wasn't into it after the first couple of issues, and didn't finish it. I recently read and loved Sinestro Corps War and was convinced by TOG and Proj to give Rebirth another shot. It was brilliant. Everything about Parallax being the impurity and the whole reason for the weakness against yellow was just brilliant. The intro to the book says something about how when they decided to bring Hal back they could've done it a couple different ways, including just giving him the ring and having that be that. The author said something to the effect of "but this is Geoff Johns."

So yeah, I totally dug it. Turned right around and bought Revenge of the Green Lanterns and Wanted (I already picked up No Fear). I want to get them read so I can start reading GL monthly.

Yeah, I never really cared for Green Lantern and for the life couldn't understand why there were 4 different human ones?

This pretty much changed that and really showed the difference in how they use their rings.

Some really cool moments like The Spectre battling Parallax & Green Arrow using a ring.

Plus I like how the artist would hide Batman in the shadows and when John shined his ring on him, it was to show that he is just a man in a batsuit.

When you think about it, the Blue Lantern's weakness is up there with the Green Lantern's old weakness to yellow.

How so?

Last edited:
Some really cool moments like The Spectre battling Parallax & Green Arrow using a ring.

It was cool how Green Arrow described using the ring to Kyle (I think), when he said something to the effect of "does it always feel like your soul being poured into it?" That was just a cool concept and way of describing it.

Since I finished Sinestro Corps War and am catching up on the books before it, could someone clear up the upcoming stories? Sinestro Corps War Vol. 2 goes through Green Lantern #25...what happens after that? It looks like they are up to issue #38.

Since I finished Sinestro Corps War and am catching up on the books before it, could someone clear up the upcoming stories? Sinestro Corps War Vol. 2 goes through Green Lantern #25...what happens after that? It looks like they are up to issue #38.

They had the following story arcs...

Alpha Lanterns
Secret Origins
Rage Of The Red Lanterns

The Alpha Lanterns arc will be collected in the Rage Of The Red Lanterns volume, while Secret Origin was just released and it is a retelling of the Origin of Hal Jordon. So you can really read that anywhere.

Is it necessary to be reading the Green Lantern Corps. right also? Or rather are they woth reading?

It's probably not necessary (I didn't read it for so long and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss much in Sinestro Corps War). Worth reading? I don't know. I'm enjoying it at the moment. I think maybe it's worth checking out the Tomasi written stuff if you want more Green Lantern.

It's probably not necessary (I didn't read it for so long and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss much in Sinestro Corps War). Worth reading? I don't know. I'm enjoying it at the moment. I think maybe it's worth checking out the Tomasi written stuff if you want more Green Lantern.

Gotcha. Also, my above post is horrible. My excuse is drunkenness.

Is it necessary to be reading the Green Lantern Corps. right also? Or rather are they woth reading?

The issues pre-Sinestro Corps pretty much introduce the new Lanterns and show was Guy and Kyle are up too.

It's a good complain series to the main series Post-Sinestro Corps. It's developing other aspects of In Blackest Night, like building up some of the Star Sapphires, showing the aftermatch of The Sinestro Corps and who is trying to take it over.

I would suggest it. At least the new stuff like Project said.

Okay, I think I may pick up some of Geoff John's Green Lantern stuff, i've heard it's amazing. What TPBs do you recommend? As far as I can find, he's done:

Green Lantern: Rebirth
Green Lantern: No Fear (issues 1-6, Secret Files #1)
Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns (issues 7-13)
Green Lantern: Wanted - Hal Jordan (issues 14-20)
Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War Volume 1 (issues 21-23, GLC #14-15, Sinestro Corps Special #1)
Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War Volume 2 (issues 24-25, GLC #16-19)
Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns (issues 26-28, 36-38)
Green Lantern: Secret Origin (issues 29-35)

is that it?
what about Green Lantern: Tales of the Sinestro Corps?

Thanks

Last edited:
That's definitely the order to read them in. I think Tales of the Sinestro Corps collects a few backups about various members of the Sinestro Corps and some of the oneshots about the major characters. It's an okay read but I don't think it's completely necessary. However, the Superboy-Prime oneshot features him against the entire DC Universe which is pretty awesome.

That's definitely the order to read them in. I think Tales of the Sinestro Corps collects a few backups about various members of the Sinestro Corps and some of the oneshots about the major characters. It's an okay read but I don't think it's completely necessary. However, the Superboy-Prime oneshot features him against the entire DC Universe which is pretty awesome.

Yeah the Superboy-Prime one was great, but the Cyborg Superman one was meh.

Okay, I think I may pick up some of Geoff John's Green Lantern stuff, i've heard it's amazing. What TPBs do you recommend? As far as I can find, he's done:

Green Lantern: Rebirth
Green Lantern: No Fear (issues 1-6, Secret Files #1)
Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns (issues 7-13)
Green Lantern: Wanted - Hal Jordan (issues 14-20)
Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War Volume 1 (issues 21-23, GLC #14-15, Sinestro Corps Special #1)
Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War Volume 2 (issues 24-25, GLC #16-19)
Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns (issues 26-28, 36-38)
Green Lantern: Secret Origin (issues 29-35)

is that it?
what about Green Lantern: Tales of the Sinestro Corps?

Thanks

Read Secret Origin before Rage Of The Red Lanterns.

Secret Origin can really be read anywhere, even before Rebirth. But it really should be read before Red Lanterns as it introduces the leader of the RLs.

Tales Of The Sinestro Corps collects (Backup stories of members from eariler issues, The 4 Tales Oneshots, and the Secret Files thing which is pretty cool)

This is the reading order for the Sinestro Corps War...

Green Lantern - Sinestro Corps Special 01 - Part 1
Green Lantern 21 - Part 2
Green Lantern Corps 14 - Part 3
Green Lantern 22 - Part 4
Tales of the Sinestro Corps - Parallax
Green Lantern Corps 15 - Part 5
Green Lantern 23 - Part 6
Green Lantern Corps 16 - Part 7
Tales of the Sinestro Corps - Cyborg Superman
Green Lantern 24 - Part 8
Green Lantern Corps 17 - Part 9
Tales of the Sinestro Corps - Superman Prime