Green Lantern series discussion (Spoilers!)

2 things that have nothing to do with GL currently:

I'd like to see Adi Granov draw GL.

I'd like to see Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's take on GL (think Marvel Boy).

2 things that have nothing to do with GL currently:

I'd like to see Adi Granov draw GL.

I'd like to see Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's take on GL (think Marvel Boy).

Grant Morrison wrote a great Kyle Rayner in his JLA run and Quitely drew him in JLA: Earth 2. Very recommended.

Morrison also used a bunch of Green Lanterns in Final Crisis.

Last edited:
i mean the hard covers come out a year and a half before the paper backs come out. Why?
Sinestro Corps War vol 1 was released in hc Feb 2008
It came out in tpb this month

secret origin was released in hc Dec 2008
the paperback comes out in Feb 2010

what's taking them so long?

It's part of the ridiculous trend of releasing HCs way before TPBs because they know people will buy them and they get more money from them.

And DC also forgets that GL comes out in TPBs.

I've finished Rage of the Red Lanterns and I've decided to just download the Agent Orange arc. (Not something I usually do, but I fully intend to buy the hardcover when it comes out in 11 years) My next trip to the comic book store, I'll just start picking up all of Blackest Night. For those reading Blackest Night already, what's absolutely essential to get? Green Lantern, Corps., and Blackest Night? I'm guessing the tie-ins aren't really needed.

I've finished Rage of the Red Lanterns and I've decided to just download the Agent Orange arc. (Not something I usually do, but I fully intend to buy the hardcover when it comes out in 11 years) My next trip to the comic book store, I'll just start picking up all of Blackest Night. For those reading Blackest Night already, what's absolutely essential to get? Green Lantern, Corps., and Blackest Night? I'm guessing the tie-ins aren't really needed.

None of the tie-in minis have come out yet so I've got no idea if they're essential or not. But definitely pick up the main three.

That Tales of the Corps mini was fun but probably not essential.

Last edited:
I've finished Rage of the Red Lanterns and I've decided to just download the Agent Orange arc. (Not something I usually do, but I fully intend to buy the hardcover when it comes out in 11 years)

This is what I do. For all comics. And I read and buy more than I ever did when I was buying the floppies.

I FINALLY bought and read the Sinestro Corps War in tpb.

I'm not sure how I feel about it...There was too much going on and I had forgotten a bunch of stuff from the previous issues. I'm going to have to go back and read everything from Rebirth on and see how I feel on the second reading.

Doesit annoy the crap out of anyone else that they release stuff in 2 volumes for $15 each when they could very easily release it in 1 volume for $20ish?

I FINALLY bought and read the Sinestro Corps War in tpb.

I'm not sure how I feel about it...There was too much going on and I had forgotten a bunch of stuff from the previous issues. I'm going to have to go back and read everything from Rebirth on and see how I feel on the second reading.

Doesit annoy the crap out of anyone else that they release stuff in 2 volumes for $15 each when they could very easily release it in 1 volume for $20ish?

:shock:

well in SCW Kyle is Ion again, the corps looks up to him as the "torchbearer" and his mom has just died. I would assume it fills in those gaps.

But then, I suppose if you know those three bits of info you're good to go.

Yes that is exactly it.

He is the Torchbearer cause he was the last Lantern after Hal destroyed them the first time.

He became Ion in Infinite Crisis when his ex-girlfriend Jade died and her energy went to him. The mini-series follows his venture as Ion from there.

It's a good read.

Latest posts

Back