Green Lantern series discussion (Spoilers!)

Yes that is exactly it.

He is the Torchbearer cause he was the last Lantern after Hal destroyed them the first time.

He became Ion in Infinite Crisis when his ex-girlfriend Jade died and her energy went to him. The mini-series follows his venture as Ion from there.

It's a good read.

Hasn't Sodom Yat taken over as Ion since then?

Preview of GL 47

green-lantern-vol-4-20091026040239439.jpg

Man, this is so typical of the misogyny inherent in DC comics. Out of the Red Lantern Corps, the only members who seemed to have survived are the ones without vagina chests. Or maybe Didio just has an axe to grind with those of us who suffer from comically misplaced sex organs.

I'll be really surprised if Testicleyes survives Blackest Night.

Edit: I know, I know. The vagina chests are supposed to be where their hearts were ripped out, but everything about the Red Lanterns just seems like a hilariously inappropriate attempt at horror to me. As soon as I saw that double page spread with all the lanterns puking blood all over each other, I knew this was the Corps for me.

Last edited:
Mahnke is doing some amazing work on Green Lantern.

Geoff Johns mentioned on Twitter that the first storyline post-Blackest Night is titled New Guardians and will feature John Stewart.

So am I the only one who can't seem to make himself care about John Stewart?

John Stewart in the mainstream universe isn't that interesting. He's like Kilowog; he's kind of cool to have in the background and he's worth giving some characterisation to, but he can't really carry his own stories.

I loved him in the DCAU, but that was a completely different character (he was a marine, not an architect and was basically just a darker, more badass, black-Hal).

John Stewart in the mainstream universe isn't that interesting. He's like Kilowog; he's kind of cool to have in the background and he's worth giving some characterisation to, but he can't really carry his own stories.

I loved him in the DCAU, but that was a completely different character (he was a marine, not an architect and was basically just a darker, more badass, black-Hal).

I'm pretty sure he's was a veteran of the marines in the comic as well, they should focus on that more and seek to make him as awesome as he was in the DCAU

I'm pretty sure he's was a veteran of the marines in the comic as well, they should focus on that more and seek to make him as awesome as he was in the DCAU

Yeah, he was a Marine Sniper in the current continuity.

And I love Kilowog. He's a great suppoerting character. Stewart just sort of shows up. He's got no personality.

Yeah, he was a Marine Sniper in the current continuity.

And I love Kilowog. He's a great suppoerting character. Stewart just sort of shows up. He's got no personality.

After Blackest Night settles down they should really work with the character to make him more like the DCAU counterpart. Start off with him trying to re establish his civilian life on Earth and go from there.

I don't quite get what John Stewart's role is at present. Guy and Kyle are honor guard right now, right? Dos that mean John Stewart is supposed to be Hal's partner for 2814? Why the hell do we never see him? Can a brother at least get a back-up story? I mean, even in this last issue that was supposed to spotlight him, it got turned into a double feature and he shared the space with the Atom, Mera, and Deadman. That's just insulting. He had to share his own book with back matter from Blackest Night.

Last edited:
John Stewart is an honor guard. Him, Guy, Kyle and Hal are all honor guards.

Every since Hal's come back, he's been shuffled off to the side.

I don't remember them making Hal and Stewart Honor Guards. In fact in the first arc after OYL they were told to just do their job as Lanterns 2815.1 and 2815.2. And at the end of the Manhunter OYL arc Guy pulls rank as a Honor Guard to keep Hal out of trouble from going after the Lost Lanterns.

But yeah, Stewart hasn't had a place since Hal came back. The Green Lantern core book should show that Hal and John are partners more than just be Hals wacky adventures with the colors.

But yeah, Stewart hasn't had a place since Hal came back. The Green Lantern core book should show that Hal and John are partners more than just be Hals wacky adventures with the colors.

I think Stewart should have a more permanent spot on the Justice League, he would be great in a supporting role of the book. While Hal is doing his own thing then have Guy and Kyle (depending on the outcome of Blackest Night) in their role off world with the rest of the corp.

I don't remember them making Hal and Stewart Honor Guards. In fact in the first arc after OYL they were told to just do their job as Lanterns 2815.1 and 2815.2. And at the end of the Manhunter OYL arc Guy pulls rank as a Honor Guard to keep Hal out of trouble from going after the Lost Lanterns.

I must have gotten confused with the Parallax thing. The four of them have the shards of parallax in their lanterns or something.

I FINALLY bought and read the Sinestro Corps War in tpb.

I'm not sure how I feel about it...There was too much going on and I had forgotten a bunch of stuff from the previous issues. I'm going to have to go back and read everything from Rebirth on and see how I feel on the second reading.

So i just finished re-reading everything up through The Sinestro Corps War. I also read "Infinite Crisis Special: Rann-Thanagar War" (where Kyle becomes Ion again), the Ion series by Ron Marz, and "Tygers" by Alan Moore.

After having done that I enjoyed the Sinestro Corps War much more than the first time. I understood the story more.

Latest posts

Back