THIS MOVIE ****ING RULES.

Oh man, oh man, oh man. I don't think I've gotten better bang for my buck in a LOOOONG time. All around classic, campy and great fun. 'Planet Terror' was just sickly good (and contains possibly the greatest zombie killing sequence EVER
Ray with the butterfly knives. You guys know what I'm talking about ;)
. So over the top, with so many great lines.

Then the trailers. Fantastic all around. The really great thing is how they do such a good job of representing most of the Grindhouse film fare with them. If I had to pick, yeah my favorite was 'Machete' but the others were just all so fun.

And then 'Deathproof'. That was just terrific. It starts slow and then gets great, but then I thought back on it and realized HOW well thought-out it really was. I'm going to have to pay a lot closer attention to it tomorrow (yeah, I'm going to see it again), but I gotta say that all the 'Vanishing Point' talk and references were great fun for me.

I was in all ways satisfied.

I would be highly surprised if I was the only person who said "Fergalicious!" when Fergie started getting eaten by the zombies.

I did. :)

This movie was supremely awesome. I really want to see it again now.

A

The only bad news? It underperformed at the Box Office: people were guessing it would make 25 million over the weekend, but yesterday it only made 5. :(

Which is weird, 'cuz my theater was PACKED.

Just a few more movies to see until I can change my sig!

Fergalicious definition: Zombies wanna eat me.
And when they see me comin'
Jump up on me and start eatin'
I'm the D to the O-A,
My brain is gone, you know, and
There ain't no other corpse as disemboweled as I am!

I'm Fergalicious,
My flesh is so delicious.
It tastes like zombie candy but it's oh so nutritious,
There ain't no witness.
And even if there was,
If he tried to call the cops, they'd all get eaten on the spot!

I'm Fergalicious!

This movie was supremely awesome. I really want to see it again now.

A

The only bad news? It underperformed at the Box Office: people were guessing it would make 25 million over the weekend, but yesterday it only made 5. :(
Proof that America is truly stupid.

"Hmm, that Grindhouse looks a little too violent. Let's go see Wild Hogs again!"

Last edited:
I just got back from it. The prevues and Rodriguez' half were great, but aside from a line or two Tarantino's was pretty crappy.

Still nice to get a whole bunch of stuff packed into one movie.

I FINALLY SAW THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Both movies were amazing Planet terror was really more of a comedy action film that delivered. The only problem i had was that they were going a little OD on the graininess tryin to make it look vintage.

BUT holy **** DEATH PROOTH ****in owned. The anticpation of the first five girls getting killed was insane. Plus the second half had one of the sickest chase scenes i've ever seen.

Oh and the ****ing thanksgiving trailer was the greatest thing i've ever seen down to the ****ing narrators voice i was ROFLMAO

and finally let me say that all the actresses in this film could catch it:heybaby:

Last edited:
Maybe my car stealing lingo is off but how exactly was that con suppose to work in death proof? Zoe got on the hood holding two belts then what?????? :?:

Maybe my car stealing lingo is off but how exactly was that con suppose to work in death proof? Zoe got on the hood holding two belts then what?????? :?:

They weren't stealing the car. The con was just to get the guy to let them take it without him so they could do that stupid stunt on the hood.

I am in tears.

Not tears of sorrow. Nay....I weep the tears of utter jubilation and sexual satisfaction.

This is the sexiest movie I've ever seen. Now you might ask how, aside from a few scenes, could this film be considered sexy? But this is Doom we're talking about here. My sick perversion of gratification from dominant women and violence is well documented. Along with my love of jailbait....but that's another discussion for another day. Perhaps.

No....when I say sexy---I mean sexy. I've never really found Rose McGowan particularly hot. Maybe hot in an exotic-goth fetish kinda way...but nothing that could stand up to other hotties in Hollywood. But when "Planet Terror" opened with her as a sexy go-go dancer....I was oddly attracted to her in ways that I have never thought possible. Then there was the paistaking build-up to machine gun leg. But when it happened....it was one of the sexiest things I'd ever seen. Her gimping round the battlefield and then firing off a couple rounds into the chests of zombie soldiers. So hot.

And the "upgrade" at the end? Justin Timberlake might've brought sexy back.....but McGowan crept into the store in the middle of the night and stole it for her own twisted purposes.

But for all the sexiness of McGowan.....I actually enjoyed Rodriguez's portion. It was smooth stylized action that made me wanna go home and watch "Army of Darkness". At one point I was expecting a cameo of Campbell and for him to say "Groovy". I'm not really a fan of Rodriguez's work. Granted I loved "Desperado" and "Once Upon A Time In Mexico"....but for the most part---I'm just meh when it comes to his stuff. But this? This I liked.

The crown jewel of this film had to be Tarantino's part. I'm gonna say this as simple and plain as possible......there wasn't a single thing about his part that I disliked. Period. I loved every single grainy second. Understand that? Ev-er-y second.

And the girls doing crazy kick-*** stunts ontop a Dodge Challenger? O God I want to have their babies. Then when Zoe went all joust-y on the car door with a pipe? If she was sitting next to me at that moment I would've proposed to her.

Classic Tarantino dialogue. And to top it all off---Kurt "Snake Plissken" Russell......with a scar on his face! Everyone knows scars are cool. But when you add them to Snake....and then throw in a muscle car of death? There is no logical way possible for anyone to deny it's coolness. And if you do somehow defy it----you are dead to me.

Tough chicks are so sexy. Tarantino.....I love you. Be mine. In a gay or non-gay way. Your pick.

This film only heightens my anticpation for the summer to roll around so I can get my new Challenger.

dodgechallenger006.jpg

Soon my Sweet. O soo soon.

More on my pretty Challenger.

This movie(s) was (were) sweet. I demand all go see it. Planet Terror was pretty gross, but great overall (and hilarious to boot) and Death Proof was great fun.

"Hmm, that Grindhouse looks a little too violent. Let's go see Wild Hogs again!"

Nah, that's not it. I know plenty of people who eat that stuff up.

No, from what I gather, it's because people think it looks like a bad movie. My brother (He's 18 ) said to me "You're actually going to watch that movie with chick with the gun leg? It looks corny as hell".

Then, I had to explain to him that was the point.

Last edited:
No, from what I gather, it's because people think it looks like a bad movie. My brother (He's 18 ) said to me "You're actually going to watch that movie with chick with the gun leg? It looks corny as hell".

Then, I had to explain to him that was the point.
EXACTLY like i said before they dropped the ball in the trailer/commercial department cuz only movie geeks like myself are going to see it everyone else is like "you'd pay money to see that ****??"

They weren't stealing the car. The con was just to get the guy to let them take it without him so they could do that stupid stunt on the hood.
Really???? I could've sworn :?

This movie was the best thing since Nextwave.

Rose McGowan was teh hott.

But this movie has to be the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. When that zombie popped that thing on his face and rubbed it on that guy. I almost puked. And the balls chopping and not to mention the melting balls.

It was awesome.

After Planet Terror have the movie theater left. I think they didn't know what a double feature was.

After Planet Terror have the movie theater left. I think they didn't know what a double feature was.

The same thing happened when I saw it (well, not half, but a few). I thought about watching to see if they came back, but I got too involved in the prevues.

Planet Terror is completely satisfying as a standalone movie, however.

Last edited:
Saw it last night. Some will jump down my throat for this, but i'm a little with Joe K on Deathproof.

First off, Planet Terror was definitely kick***. The missing reel had me and all my friends on the floor. Loved the design of the zombies.

But Deathproof. I was getting progressively angrier and angrier and QT for his verbal masturbation. He loves to hear the sound of his own dialogue, and as good as all the actresses were, they all sounded like a male geek directors' idea of what women talk like. My friends and i also have a new barometer reference for something that goes on waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long; the grindhouse diner scene. Seriously. The chases were AWESOME. but we really, really did not need those long sequences in the bar and the diner to establish things that could've been done in two or three lines. Deathproof could easily have been 20 minutes long. Yes, the ending was cathartic, but only because we took such an exhaustive ride to care about the characters involved. I feel like it was a cheap way to get exhilaration out of the audience for the climax. Of course the sundae is gonna taste especially good if you have to sit in traffic for three hours to get to the ice cream parlor, you know what i mean?

I'm not reading this thread b/c of spoilers so I don't know if this has been mentioned, buuuuut...

Apparently Harvey Weinstein was very disappointed with this movie's showing and is considering pulling it and releasing it as two separate movies. Apparently this WILL happen outside of the US. He said people are turned off by the movie's length.

I'm not reading this thread b/c of spoilers so I don't know if this has been mentioned, buuuuut...

Apparently Harvey Weinstein was very disappointed with this movie's showing and is considering pulling it and releasing it as two separate movies. Apparently this WILL happen outside of the US. He said people are turned off by the movie's length.

It's understandable. At just a little over 3 hours---time does seem to drag. It's no different than seeing a Scorsese film...but still...it's called a double feature. What part of that do people not understand?

I've been telling everyone here that they need to see this. But none of them are grindhouse fans. Or Tarantino/Rodriguez fans. To be honest---none of them knew who Rodriguez was.

I think when they're released on DVD it needs to be a double-disc set and each film needs to be on it's own disc along with the according trailers and commercials.

Latest posts

Back