Just got back from it.

My raitings:
Planet Terror - This was just perfect. The cast was awesome, the action was awesome, the story was awesome, the ending was awesome. I was never really attracted to Rose McGowan before because she just seemed too sleazy. Now....I'm practically in love with her.

10/10

Death Proof - Kurt Russel was fantastic, and Rosario Dawson was as wondeful as always as the approachable hot girl. However, the film dragged a bit, and in parts was more of an actual art film than B-Movie satire. The first set of women should've been hotter, but that was made up for by the second set. Also, Quent...we get it. You love feet. Just subtle it back a bit next time, okay? Props for the ten-minute-long diner shot, though. That was cool.

7/10

All the fake trailers put together - Arguably the best part of the whole show(well...no, that's still the second half of Planet Terror). Hobo With A Shotgun was brilliant, but the best by far was Machete. I hope either Machete or Don't is the real one. Also, I haven't laughed as hard as I did at the end of the Nazi Werewolf trailer in a long time. Possibly the best random cameo ever.

9.5/10

Edit: Can a mod maybe attach a "Which did you like better, Planet Terror or Death Proof?" public poll to this thread?

Last edited:
I loved Death Proof more. But that's because I'm a die-hard Quentin fan. He's had my heart since Resevoir Dogs.

What I really loved about Death Proof is that Quentin sort-of tied in his other films. The sherrif and son from Kill Bill. The Acuna Boys nod. Apple cigarettes. Kahuna Burger. There were some other ones but I can't think of 'em right now.

I loved Death Proof more. But that's because I'm a die-hard Quentin fan. He's had my heart since Resevoir Dogs.

I'd be with you on this, as RD, Pulp Fiction, True Romance and Kill Bill are some of my favorite movies ever, but he showed he could do wrong when he made Jackie Brown. God, did I hate that movie.

Death Proof was good (ESPECIALLY the end), but the dialogue wasn't good enough for me to appreciate a long winded scene like the diner. It was nothing like scenes with Vincent Vega and Jules in Pulp Fiction. Hell, it wasn't even like Bill and Beatrix's scene in Kill Bill Vol 2. It was just dull.

I'd be with you on this, as RD, Pulp Fiction, True Romance and Kill Bill are some of my favorite movies ever, but he showed he could do wrong when he made Jackie Brown. God, did I hate that movie.

Death Proof was good (ESPECIALLY the end), but the dialogue wasn't good enough for me to appreciate a long winded scene like the diner. It was nothing like scenes with Vincent Vega and Jules in Pulp Fiction. Hell, it wasn't even like Bill and Beatrix's scene in Kill Bill Vol 2. It was just dull.

Jackie Brown was an aquired taste. You really had to like the old blaxsploitation films of the 70s to truly appreciate it. But, for the record--it was the weakest of his films.

But I still loved it.

I thought the diner scene in Death Proof was his nod to the diner scene in RD?

Same here. I liked Death Proof slightly more than Planet Terror, but overall I think they're both incedible, just very different. And I love them both even more as one whole experience.
What I really loved about Death Proof is that Quentin sort-of tied in his other films. The sherrif and son from Kill Bill. The Acuna Boys nod. Apple cigarettes. Kahuna Burger. There were some other ones but I can't think of 'em right now.
Yeah, I loved the Acuna Boys commercial. Me and about 4 or 5 other people in the audience chuckled when that came up.

And it does appear that all of QT's movies take place loosely in the same universe. Don't forget that Mr. Blonde and Vincent Vega are brothers (I have no idea how Tarantino is going to do "The Vega Brothers", since ya know, they're both dead). I also find it funny that the end of PT would mean that Tarantino's world is now some apocalyptic wasteland.

Or a coastal Californian paradise.:)
I bet that's where the characters from all of QT's movies are.

*has erotic fantasies about island inhabited by Beatrix Kiddo, Cherry Darling, and all the Death Proof Girls*

Apparently Harvey Weinstein was very disappointed with this movie's showing and is considering pulling it and releasing it as two separate movies. Apparently this WILL happen outside of the US. He said people are turned off by the movie's length.

In the words of Peter Griffin: "Jeez, what a *****."

But seriously. What a *****. The Weinsteins are famous for their public meltdowns/tantrums (not literally). Just leave the film alone; it'll make a profit on DVD. :roll:

And it does appear that all of QT's movies take place loosely in the same universe. Don't forget that Mr. Blonde and Vincent Vega are brothers (I have no idea how Tarantino is going to do "The Vega Brothers", since ya know, they're both dead). I also find it funny that the end of PT would mean that Tarantino's world is now some apocalyptic wasteland.

I know Reservoir Dogs, True Romance and Pulp Fiction take place in the same universe. I don't think Kill Bil or Jackie Brown do, but they might, I dunno.

As for "The Vega Brothers", I *think* its supposed to be a prequel about Vic (Madsen) visiting Vincent (Travolta) in Amsterdam.

Oh, also, Grindhouse made a WHOPPING. . .12 million dollars this weekend. Hence why they want to split the two movies and. . .put the missing reels back in them. :roll:

Edit: Can a mod maybe attach a "Which did you like better, Planet Terror or Death Proof?" public poll to this thread?

*AHEM*

Also, here's the trailer that only us Canucks got to see with Grindhouse. It was the first one we saw, appearing right before "Machete!" at the begining of the first feature. Anyway, I present to you...

HELP!!!

I'm working on a "Planet Terror" wallpaper and I need to think up a good tagline. I did "TERROR AT 200 MPH" for "Death Proof", so I need something along those lines.

HELP!!!

Last edited:
Alright, how does this look?

GRINDHOUSE2B.jpg

EDIT: Yeah, Red on Black doesn't look too good when turned into a .JPEG and entered into Photobucket, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Well, I just saw this. Planet Terror was great. I didn't even know it was a Zombie film going in, and I love me my Zombies. It hit all the right notes for the old fashioned explotive Zombie flick (I reccomend Zombi 2 for anyone who wants to see more fun stuff like that).

Now Death Proof. Not so much. It drug horribly for a while, and he killed the entire cast that we spent the first third of the movie getting to know, then had to restart the whole film. And god was the editing bad, not in a fun way like some of the PT kinks, but in a "this is really getting on my nerves" way. I'm starting to lose faith in Mr. Terrintino.

And I want to see Machete made into a full length movie!

Well, I just saw this. Planet Terror was great. I didn't even know it was a Zombie film going in, and I love me my Zombies. It hit all the right notes for the old fashioned explotive Zombie flick (I reccomend Zombi 2 for anyone who wants to see more fun stuff like that).

Now Death Proof. Not so much. It drug horribly for a while, and he killed the entire cast that we spent the first third of the movie getting to know, then had to restart the whole film. And god was the editing bad, not in a fun way like some of the PT kinks, but in a "this is really getting on my nerves" way. I'm starting to lose faith in Mr. Terrintino.

And I want to see Machete made into a full length movie!

I still liked Death Proof, but I don't see how anyone can even compare it to Planet Terror in terms of quality.

Latest posts

Back