Halloween 2007!

Actually, I was hoping you'd go as this:

07-blackracer.png

DON'T LET HIM TOUCH YOU!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's so much better!

You don't want to catch The Black, do you?

The ladies do. 8)

Well to be fair, VVD is only Halfrican American. Kinda like being a post-op Michael Jackson from birth.

We like to think of ourselves as a giant army of DeBarges.

I haven't trick-or-treat'd in years (save for the trip across the street to the neighbor's cotton candy machine) but I figured I have to go this year, if only because it's basically my last chance to, Senior and all.

The last year I went was when I was thirteen. It was like the perfect outing too, with four of us, great costumes and a terrific haul. I figured I'd quit while I was ahead since my few friends who continued to go out in following years usually got baked and taped on a Batman chest plate to eat all the candy they could in one night.

Last edited:
Today My grandma asked me what I wanted for Christmas... what has this world come too?

Tch. . .I work in a lot of department stores and I always get so damn angry when I see the Halloween stuff. . .next to the damn Christmas stuff! Christmas stuff should go up AFTER Halloween, dammit!

Re: Halloween 2007!!!!!

Yay, someone started a Halloween thread. :D Thanks, Mole!

How can anyone not love Halloween? Only Christmas can possibly top it.

The last two weeks of October are one of my absolute favourite times of the year.
Agreed. October has always been my favorite month of the year. Perhaps it's the fact that we're moving into the holiday season, or the beauty of the colored leaves, or just the fact that it signifies major changes, but October has always seemed like a magical month.

I'm going with my normal Halloween tradition of sitting on the front porch to hand out candy.

All alone on the porch. With the candy. The big bowl of sweet, luscious chocolate. :drooling:
A woman after my own heart! One of the tricks to enjoying Halloween is to buy candy that you like, so that you don't mind eating the left-overs. (Unless you just decide to turn the lights out so the kids will skip your house, and eat all the candy yourself. However, we get so few trick-or-treaters around here that there is always plenty of candy left, especially since I tend to hand out non-candy treats like pencils and stickers with the sweets. :wink: )

I have several Halloween-themed outfits I'll wear to work beginning about a week before the holiday, and I usually wear something that could be a costume to work on the 31st. This year I'm out of work at 5, so I'll only get the after-school crowd at the library, but will be home to answer the door in the evening (in costume, of course).

The only part I hate about the last two weeks of October is that I live in ****ing Florida and I don't get to experience the color changing leaves or Autumn breezes. :(
Would it help if I posted pictures? I'm fortunate enough to live out in the country, and all I have to do to see the ultimate autumn show is look out the window or go for a walk.

I will be doing nothing for Halloween. It's retarded.
Halloween is not retarded.

FREE CANDY!

I miss trick-or-treating...
I don't miss trick-or-treating, and I do think the kids going door to door begging for candy is a problem (I'd rather see kids go to organized parties or events -- it's safer and it gives adults reason to dress up and have fun, too), but I enjoy any excuse to dress up in a costume or purchase bags of candy. (Like I actually need an excuse to buy chocolate.... :lol: )

Tch. . .I work in a lot of department stores and I always get so damn angry when I see the Halloween stuff. . .next to the damn Christmas stuff! Christmas stuff should go up AFTER Halloween, dammit!
Except for craft supply stores, because people do need time to make things for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but yes. Halloween items should go on sale at the beginning of the month in which Halloween occurs, Thanksgiving items in November, and then Christmas stuff AFTER Thanksgiving is over. And may I add that having to listen to Christmas music in stores starting November 1st is also truly annoying.

Bacon-N-Eggs Betty has just invited me to her company Halloween party.

I now have to decide on what costume to wear.

Should she graciously forego the stupid couples costume theme, I have been tinkering with the following ideas:

-- Shave my head, draw on some fake tattoos, get a pair of nunchaku and put them in the back of my jeans and go as Dashel Bad-Horse from Vertigo's "Scapled".
-- Get a big black wig and black trenchcoat and have me and The Captain go out as Billy Butcher and Terror from Garth Ennis' "The Boys".
-- Or go against my better judgement and create the following costume....

ml-luke-cage-01.jpg

I know what everyone here wants me to go as.......and I hate you all. :x
What, Victor, no samuari outfit?

Would it help if I posted pictures? I'm fortunate enough to live out in the country, and all I have to do to see the ultimate autumn show is look out the window or go for a walk.

YES. Please! I would love you forever, Seldes! Could you also feed some of that Autumn breeze into the Internet somehow? :please:

Except for craft supply stores, because people do need time to make things for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but yes. Halloween items should go on sale at the beginning of the month in which Halloween occurs, Thanksgiving items in November, and then Christmas stuff AFTER Thanksgiving is over. And may I add that having to listen to Christmas music in stores starting November 1st is also truly annoying.

That would be the ideal way to do it, but I see Halloween and Christmas as the big themed holidays of the year (Easter, too, I suppose) and they deserve lots of shelf time. But Christmas and Halloween stuff together just seems so out of place.

Oh, and I definitely agree about Christmas music. I used to work in retail and it got so annoying. . .It's nice in December, but that's it.

Last edited:

YES. Please! I would love you forever, Seldes! Could you also feed some of that Autumn breeze into the Internet somehow? :please:
Sure, no problem. I'll just borrow a digital camera. (Or maybe I could use this as an excuse to buy one for myself, finally....) It will certainly be a good reason to get outside and walk for the next two or three weeks. :D

Um, the breeze thing might be a bit tricky. I could try a sound recording.... Hm. I'll have to think about that one. I'd ask for suggestions here, but I suspect I already know what kind of responses we'd get, and I'd probably end up having to ban a few people. :roll:

But yes, let me see about at least getting pictures.

Wooo. this years holloween bash will be at my friends beach house.

You guys can come.......but you'd have to find a way to get here

..I love you:wink:

especially since I tend to hand out non-candy treats like pencils and stickers with the sweets. :wink: )
Oh, you're one of those people

I think exactly the same way, nothing pisses me off more than hearing Christmas music before thanksgiving

Tomorrow is R.L. Stine's 64th birthday.

R.L. Stine is my favorite author of all time. I used to read all his books all the time. Goosebumps, Fear Street, and T.V. version of Goosebumps (which Cartoon Network is showing everyday at 8 & 8:30 p.m.).

Last edited:

R.L. Stine is my favorite author of all time. I used to read all this books all the time. Goosebumps, Fear Street, and T.V. version of Goosebumps (which Cartoon Network is showing everyday at 8 & 8:30 p.m.).

Ahh, Goosebumps, that takes me back

Sure, no problem. I'll just borrow a digital camera. (Or maybe I could use this as an excuse to buy one for myself, finally....) It will certainly be a good reason to get outside and walk for the next two or three weeks. :D

Um, the breeze thing might be a bit tricky. I could try a sound recording.... Hm. I'll have to think about that one. I'd ask for suggestions here, but I suspect I already know what kind of responses we'd get, and I'd probably end up having to ban a few people. :roll:

But yes, let me see about at least getting pictures.

Thanks, Seldes! Don't worry about the breeze, I'll just sit in front of a fan or something. :wink:

R.L. Stine is my favorite author of all time. I used to read all his books all the time. Goosebumps, Fear Street, and T.V. version of Goosebumps (which Cartoon Network is showing everyday at 8 & 8:30 p.m.).

Ah, yes, Goosebumps was awesome. I never really liked the show (I always felt Are You Afraid Of The Dark? was better), but the books were top-notch. Perfect time of year to read them, too. :D

Goosebumps are now also available in Graphic Novel form: Scary Summer, Terror Trip, and Creepy Creatures.

The somewhat, um, "revealing" photo SSJmole posted on the first page reminded me (unfortunately) of a book we have in the library called Extreme Pumpkinshttp://store.ultimatecentral.com/in...o_Amuse_Your_Friends_and_Scare_Your_Neighbors, which features an assortment of odd and/or downright gruesome pumpkins you can carve yourself. The author even has a website: Extreme Pumpkins. Warning: this site is not for the timid, people who work with young children, or anyone with a history of lighting things on fire. Seriously. I shouldn't even have to know sites like this exist, but I'm sure various people here will find it endlessly fascinating and maybe even amusing.

Didn't realize he was that old. Anyway, happy birthday Bob, and thanks for turning me and legions of other kids around my age onto independant reading early on.

One of my quintessential Halloween memories was when the first episode of the Goosebumps TV show, "The Haunted Mask", aired on Fox about a week before Halloween. Myself and most people had read that one already, and everyone was so excited. It was all any of us talked about at school the next day. I must've been like 6.

Are You Afraid of the Dark? was awesome too. I watched about two dozen episodes online last month. Still great.

Didn't realize he was that old. Anyway, happy birthday Bob, and thanks for turning me and legions of other kids around my age onto independant reading early on.
Seriously. I was even part of this kids book club where you got a package sent home every month and it included all this awesome stuff, and every month was a new Goosebump book.

One of my quintessential Halloween memories was when the first episode of the Goosebumps TV show, "The Haunted Mask", aired on Fox about a week before Halloween. Myself and most people had read that one already, and everyone was so excited. It was all any of us talked about at school the next day. I must've been like 6.
YES!! I totally loved that one. I had read the book, too. I used to buy all the ones from book fairs. I especially loved reading the books more during Halloween, and was excited more for the show at the time, too.

Are You Afraid of the Dark? was awesome too.
Once again...YES!!!

Latest posts

Back