Halloween 2007!

The last year I went was when I was thirteen. It was like the perfect outing too, with four of us, great costumes and a terrific haul. I figured I'd quit while I was ahead since my few friends who continued to go out in following years usually got baked and taped on a Batman chest plate to eat all the candy they could in one night.
The last year I went was when I was 14. It was my freshman year of high school and a few of my friends were still going to go. We figured it was our last chance to trick-or-treat. It was great. We went way further and stayed out way later than we used to, which is the fun of trick-or-treating as a teenager. My costume was an awesome deformed, zombie-like mask (It actually freaked me out, even after I had had it for a week or two). I had a dirty old suit coat with a bloody arm and a big bloody hole right in front of my heart (All done by myself with a coat that I bought at a Goodwill store and a bottle of annoyingly sticky fake blood that never quite seemed to dry all the way.) Good times.
Today My grandma asked me what I wanted for Christmas... what has this world come too?
Maybe she thinks it's December.
Except for craft supply stores, because people do need time to make things for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but yes. Halloween items should go on sale at the beginning of the month in which Halloween occurs, Thanksgiving items in November, and then Christmas stuff AFTER Thanksgiving is over.
Yeah, I'm very much used to this.

My mom has been crafting for years. She's been selling her stuff on eBay for a while now and she's doing pretty well.
Tomorrow is R.L. Stine's 64th birthday.

R.L. Stine is my favorite author of all time. I used to read all his books all the time. Goosebumps, Fear Street, and T.V. version of Goosebumps (which Cartoon Network is showing everyday at 8 & 8:30 p.m.).
Love me some Goosebumps.
Thanks, Seldes! Don't worry about the breeze, I'll just sit in front of a fan or something. :wink:
:lol:
Didn't realize he was that old. Anyway, happy birthday Bob, and thanks for turning me and legions of other kids around my age onto independant reading early on.

One of my quintessential Halloween memories was when the first episode of the Goosebumps TV show, "The Haunted Mask", aired on Fox about a week before Halloween. Myself and most people had read that one already, and everyone was so excited. It was all any of us talked about at school the next day. I must've been like 6.
Oh, I totally remember that. I must have seen that episode ten times.

The kid buys the mask from some creepy guy and it fuses to his face, right? Or was it a girl.

Nostalgia!
Seriously. I was even part of this kids book club where you got a package sent home every month and it included all this awesome stuff, and every month was a new Goosebump book.
They used to do that at my school. They would have book catalogs and you'd get the books in class. I signed up for a Star Wars book club for a while, if I remember correctly.

YES!! I totally loved that one. I had read the book, too. I used to buy all the ones from book fairs. I especially loved reading the books more during Halloween, and was excited more for the show at the time, too.

What I loved about the book fairs, aside from a new Calvin and Hobbes book each time, was they'd always have the newest Goosebumps choose-your-own-adventure book. Any of you guys read those too? A Night In Werewolf Woods was the greatest adventure of my life, fictional or otherwise. It also helped that the girl in the book was named Lauren and I had a huge crush on a girl of the same name at the time.

Nostalgia indeed.:wink:

My costume was an awesome deformed, zombie-like mask (It actually freaked me out, even after I had had it for a week or two). I had a dirty old suit coat with a bloody arm and a big bloody hole right in front of my heart (All done by myself with a coat that I bought at a Goodwill store and a bottle of annoyingly sticky fake blood that never quite seemed to dry all the way.) Good times.

The last year I went as the invisible man, with the hat and shades and bandages and all that. My best homemade costume ever, though, was probably the previous year, when I went as the Terminator and my dad helped my make fake skin to tear open and expose tin foil underneath on my face. It was great.

I also went as the Sandman the year before that, with the trenchcoat and fedora and old gasmask we have.

I desperately miss the days of Elementary School, where everybody would show up in costume. The two gym teachers came in full drag one time.

The kid buys the mask from some creepy guy and it fuses to his face, right? Or was it a girl.

Nostalgia!

It was a girl, Carly-Beth was her name. If you have trouble remembering it, just picture a bunch of grotesque floating masks chasing her down the street, calling it in otherworldly voices.

:scared:

From ages 5-8, Goosebumps was perhaps my sole obsession in the world. I had everything Goosebumps, R.L. Stine or otherwise (I'm not sure if those choose-your-own-adventures were written by him). I bought all the "Series 2000" ones, even when I realized I was getting too old for them.

I made it a point during my summers to be home in time for the TV show (weekdays at 4!). And my mom even let me buy the Cracked magazine with the Goosebumps cover, unaware that it wasn't a children's magazine.

Ah, good times.

Does anyone remember The Haunted School? I loved that one. It's where the photographer turns all the kids black-and-white, making them seem ghostly.

That was good, but Monster Blood was classic (Not including part 4). That and Chicken, Chicken. :wink:

Ah, good times.

Does anyone remember The Haunted School? I loved that one. It's where the photographer turns all the kids black-and-white, making them seem ghostly.

That was good, but Monster Blood was classic (Not including part 4). That and Chicken, Chicken. :wink:

Man I don't remember any of the stories

Passing out candy to the adorable neighborhood kids, then going to a local GBLT club for their costume contest. My costume design is posted below:

KingJaggyd.jpg

If that's the case, I pity you

You wouldn't if you'd read the book.:D

I've read all three of those books. The school one was probably the most recent one I read, just a few years ago. That's probably the saddest, scariest-concept-having, most ****ed up book out of all of them.

I still think I have it best when it comes to teh trix-&-treatin's, what with the man with the cotton candy machine right across the street from my house. You can ask for any size you want to, and he'll give it to you for free.

That last part sounded really wrong.

I read some of the Goosebumps books, when they first came out (before they even numbered the spines), and they were pretty good, though I haven't read them since, so maybe they suck. The first Dummy one was particularly creepy.

As for Halloween, I'll be at my apartment watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, with a bowl of candy that I like since nobody will probably come by.

Unless I'm at work, in which case, meh.

The Luke Cage costume is looking more and more a possibility.

Only because Bacon-N-Eggs Betty's friend reads comics and when I mentioned the joke costume she said that Betty should go as Jewel.

I still wanna go as Butcher.....but I'll probably end up going as Bad Horse.

How did you know I was going to speak with a Russian Accent

Cause Evil Houde was kidnapped by the KGB when he was younger, and became one of there top notch evil scientists, that's why

How did you know I was going to speak with a Russian Accent

Cause Evil Houde was kidnapped by the KGB when he was younger, and became one of there top notch evil scientists, that's why

Because all evil alteregos are Russian. Evil (Russian) Victor Von Doom is name Viktor (with a K because he's from Russia) Von Doom. Viktor am #1 super soldier. DA!

The Luke Cage costume is looking more and more a possibility.

Only because Bacon-N-Eggs Betty's friend reads comics and when I mentioned the joke costume she said that Betty should go as Jewel.

And if you guys are into role playing you can recreate the bar scene from the first issue!

Latest posts

Back