Halloween

Langsta

I stopped trick-or-treating many years ago, 1) because I felt I had gotten too old for it, and 2) I don't take candy from strangers.

But I saw a mask recently that made me want to start trick-or-treating again....one of the clown masks from the bank heist in The Dark Knight. My mom wouldn't buy it though, because I already declared my retirement from trick-or-treating, and the mask was 20$.

Anyone here have any interesting Halloween stories?

Could you not buy it for yourself and wear it to school on Halloween?

I've got a big Halloween party coming up on Friday(YES!!!!!!) and I'm going as Donnie Darko. Skeleton suit, gray zip-up hoodie, spraying my hair and eyebrows black. Also, possibly a saran-wrap-and-wire "God's path" coming out of my chest. Looking forward to it so much.

I'm going as Scarecrow from Batman Begins, I'll make my mask this weekend. Does anyone know of anything in an areosol can that I can use as fear gas (preferably something I can fit in my sleeve)?

Man, Scarecrow is as GREAT idea that I'll probably save for future years myself. As for fear gas, I'd say a can of silly string up your sleeve would be the most fun. Actual gas-wise I have no idea what would be practical. Stuff like Axe would probably be the least harmful, but even that would get really pungent really fast.

Why not, that's just makes the costume more awesome

"Nice sexy devil costume...but I think it's missing something."
"Like what?"
FWOOSH!

Man, Scarecrow is as GREAT idea that I'll probably save for future years myself. As for fear gas, I'd say a can of silly string up your sleeve would be the most fun. Actual gas-wise I have no idea what would be practical. Stuff like Axe would probably be the least harmful, but even that would get really pungent really fast.

I was going to try to find one of those black Spider-Man web blasters if all else fails. Hmm, maybe there's a magic shop I could find that might help me. I wish they sold dry ice in a can.

I get to do Halloween three times this year. This Saturday is our general children's Halloween program, next Tuesday I'm partnering with the local school district for a Magic Tree House Halloween program for second graders, and Friday I'm just dressing up to work the circulation desk. Saturday I'll be wearing the witch costume, next Tuesday I'll just have a Halloween-themed outfit, and Friday I'm undecided about. Do I want to haul out the Jedi outfit, the Sherlock Holmes stuff, or the wizarding robe and hat?

I've decided to go trick-or-treating this year, since it's my baby sister's first time. I wanted to see Zack and Miri on Halloween but I'll have no time between school and trick-or-treating....unless my 2-year-old sister wants to see Zack and Miri. There were two different Joker masks. There was one that was supposed to emulate Heath Ledger's Joker from the movie, with the scars, but I didn't really like it and decided to get the "Grumpy" clown mask that he wears during the bank heist at the beginning of the movie....1) because it's an actual mask in the movie, not make-up, 2) because it looked better than the other mask they were selling, 3) because I would have gotten even if I wasn't going trick-or-treating this year, and 4) because Stone Cold said so. One person I know has actually gone all-out and painted his face like TDK's Joker, and the resemblance is uncanny.

Me as Donnie Darko at a Halloween party last night, along with my friends who went as Dante Hicks and Alex DeLarge.

SDC12820.jpg

Not pictured: My other friend who went as Randall Graves, despite the fact that he looks VERY much like Dante and my Dante friend looks VERY much like Randall.

Latest posts

Back