Harry/Hobgoblin speculation

I don't like that line only because it was mirroring the attitude with the movie Harry. Remember when Harry was incompetent and, when he became a villain he felt he had something to prove? That sounds like a better set up than revenge... Harry's no Hamlet, he's more of a Laertes, if you know your literature. Hamlet's the one that thinks, Laertes is the one that acts... Who do you think would make a better villain? Not Hamlet or Laertes, since they were victims, but one who acts or one who thinks?

In a lot of ways, Hamlet inspired a lot of characters, whether directly or not. You could probably size Hamlet up with characters from Spider-Man as well as Laertes, Claudius, etc. You see what I'm saying, don't you?

If Harry does become the Goblin in this Arc, that means hes only got a few issues/arcs til he dies, cause it would most likely follow the 616 version, where Norman wants Peter more than Harry, so Harry becomes the Goblin, and dies cause he used to much of it.
Or maybe Harry works out some of the bugs, and becomes even deadlier, or what if Harry turned good..........

I wouldn't mind Harry dying in a few more arcs I still think the Ultimate titles should be limited so If they only came out with a certain number of spideys before they start reusing bad guys and whatnot I'm cool with the closure like Harry dying...

at this rate we'd have no characters left, then the writers would have to start composing original storylines!!!

and that would never do. :wink:

look if the ultimate storylines are supposed to be more realistic I think it's fair that some of these guys only appear like once or twice... not like the old hey let's break out of jail continuously and seek revenge... I mean think if it were real life characters would not just pop up over and over again... Closure...

I think that's what's happening, XT. I mean, so far, we've only had one big break out in terms of villains and they've been properly taken care of since. I would like to see Green Goblin back and I would certainly like to see Magneto back, so I wouldn't want to just have them appear once or twice and then that's the end of it.

I dont think Harry is gonna die. Norman didnt die in Ultimate 6 he was just frozen and then shipped off to who knows where. So maybe Harry wont die.

well dragonmaster,

I agree that magneto and Green Goblin should be back but only because they are known as the superheroes arch-enemies but magneto already gave the X-Men a run for it twice i mean how many times before it gets old??

....Closure

and before someone calls me out on it I know I'm contradicting myself when I say closure and still believe that beast should be alive... but I'm callin' myself out on it now rather than having one of you guys do it before me.... viva la beast... death to repitition

Well, Magneto has been characterized as a very intelligent person and, I would argue, Green Goblin is even smarter. Intelligence alone should buy them as many times as they need until they feel they've served their purpose. You need to understand they are fighting for what they believe to be just...

As long as eventually is a while away. You have to understand that the Ultimate Universe is still very much a baby... It's just now learning how to crawl, really, and we can't trash every single good character before we get it up and running, right? I mean, it be like a fish out of water...

I think that the concept of arch-enemies' constantly coming back is realistic. There's a lot of rebel and terrorist groups all over the world who has been trying to topple the government/institution they're fighting against for decades, because they're fighting for something they think is right.Take a look at Iraq, they've been bombed for several decades but that hasn't kept the rebels from running away scared.

The Ultimate villains are doing the same thing, and none of them consider themselves to be evil, while the rest are just insane. Like some of you guys said, they believe that they're also fighting for an important cause, whether it is selfish or not, or if it some perverted or distorted ideology.

At least the people who are keeping hold of the captured super-villains are a lot smarter. They're not just stupidly throwing them in some stupid jail with some stupid guards that they can easily get out off. In the Ultimate Universe, SHIELD uses every means possible to make sure that the super-baddies stay put, but of course it is never perfect. I'm really interested in how they're going to bring back Doc Ock after Fury turned his tentacles to soup.

I'm really looking forward to Hobgoblin, regardless of who the hell he is. Bendis loves playing with our heads, so we can never really be sure if it would be Harry or not.

Last edited:
Besides, all this talk about Harry getting his revenge shouldn't just pertain to Peter. The Ultimates were there too the day Norman was taken into custody. I could easily see Harry make life hell for Peter by attempting to break him and Mary Jane up, then make a run at the Triskelion in an attemp to free his dad. The two Goblins teaming up should 'cause plenty of akward feelings for Peter to deal with while the Ultimates come looking to finish the job they should have back in Ultimate Six.

Except that Harry believes his dad to be dead after watching him mutate uncontrollably and then shot until he dropped.

That's stupid... The solicitations revealed that Norman actually intended for his son to take up his arms and become the next Goblin. I don't think that's at all a good idea.

Latest posts

Back