Harry/Hobgoblin speculation

I would want it to be purely accidental.

What else do you think it means when it says "Norman has a plan for Harry that he can't refuse..." Or something to that effect...?

it's a curveball it could mean anything and besides what ever happened to Norman being insanely insane... he could set harry up and all of a sudden turn on him... it's apparent in the first arc he has no love for his son... what if harry's the hobgoblin and he's fighting spiderman and green goblin is just sitting there watching and all of a suden norman has flashbacks of himself thinking how his son is a failure then he attacks the hobgoblin and spiderman is forced to save his best friend even though he's a villain...

I'll put something down on it that Norman intended for his son to take after him... It may not be Norman actually contacting his son, but Norman could show up in Harry's nightmares, which I think would follow the 616 stuff for the second Green Goblin.

So, how do you think Harry's gonna shake SHIELD and get back to school? He's definitely not in the right mind to be going back to school again, right?

Well, yes, SHIELD watching him would be more realistic then just releasing him... He threatened the Ultimates and Spider-Man at the end and, considering his father's influence and power (Literally and character-wise) SHIELD should be watching out right now...

That's what I'm saying... Harry is not only emotionally distraught, though, but backed by a very powerful man.

Marvelous

Ive been reading these ultimate spidey comments from this board for months (since august 2004) and the current ultimate dr. strange arc and upcoming hobgolbin arc made me finally register. So dont haze me too much guys.

I love this board for the fact that you guys keep me updated on whats going on with ultimate spider-man and the interesting plans Bendis has, but the whole ultimate universe as well.

Getting back to the topic. While all signs may lean toward harry being the hobgoblin, i think it would be very interesting (as someone said earlier) to see harry remain the same and have someone else working for him (becoming the hobgoblin). Any ideas of issues 73? does anyone think the Goblin on the cover is the hobgoblin (goblin on fire) or just a jaded memory like image of the green goblin?

The Captain - welcome! As you can see I've placed this post where it was intended.

Well as far as the topic in Ultimate SpiderMan Media... I thought I'd throw it over here.... in regards to the Goblin "hulking out". I don't like how the Green Goblin grew in size either but since it was done I feel it's going to have to be done with the Hobgoblin now too...and where is the blasted glider???

The Captain said:
Ive been reading these ultimate spidey comments from this board for months (since august 2004) and the current ultimate dr. strange arc and upcoming hobgolbin arc made me finally register. So dont haze me too much guys.

I love this board for the fact that you guys keep me updated on whats going on with ultimate spider-man and the interesting plans Bendis has, but the whole ultimate universe as well.

Getting back to the topic. While all signs may lean toward harry being the hobgoblin, i think it would be very interesting (as someone said earlier) to see harry remain the same and have someone else working for him (becoming the hobgoblin). Any ideas of issues 73? does anyone think the Goblin on the cover is the hobgoblin (goblin on fire) or just a jaded memory like image of the green goblin?

I totally agree with you. As I can't stress enough the supportive characters, or lack there of, really need to be more focused on at this point. With Gwen's death, Harry's dismissal, etc. there hasn't been a place where Peter can go to just talk to save, MJ who I don't find interesting. I almost wish Peter would forget what Conners did, get him outta jail, and confide in him again. It's terrible the way things are going for the title... It's going to be introducing more original characters like Kong to fill these positions sooner or later.

The Captain said:

I agree and disagree it would be more interesting if someone else was working under Harry as the Goblin... and that would leave Harry as a more Kingpin like character... but than that's where I disagree with you we already have a Kingpin like character...

Well, sure, but Harry's just a kid, which I think would make him more interesting as a character like that. Kingpin knows what he's doing; Harry doesn't. Bendis could play with that a bit, you know, draw parallels to Peter's life when he started being Spider-Man with Harry growing to power like a Kingpin. It would be interesting.

support

Goodwill said:
Well, sure, but Harry's just a kid, which I think would make him more interesting as a character like that. Kingpin knows what he's doing; Harry doesn't. Bendis could play with that a bit, you know, draw parallels to Peter's life when he started being Spider-Man with Harry growing to power like a Kingpin. It would be interesting.

Agreed.....its scary that i think you and i know exactly what we want to see out of this book....and you have apocalypse as your icon...cant even hold that against you... :)

Well, I always tend to disagree with MWOF, so it's probably all coincidence, Cap'n! ;) No, really, though I really like the way Bendis can throw something out and, if you look close enough, you'll see there is a deeper meaning to it. For instance, he played with responsibility during the Carnage arc; it was both Conners and Peter's responsibility to give back scientifically rather than sitting down, wasting their resources. That calls for good character deveopment!

Latest posts

Back