Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
I wanted to post this now to lay down the rules for the next week or so.

When posting outside of the Spoiler Box, keep your comments brief and don't spoil a damn thing outside of the book.

When you want to discuss something that happened, in detail, or even just note that you're shocked such and such happened to whomever it happened to... Do the Following

CHAPTER ___ SPOILERS

Harry Potter just pooped out an icicle!

I know this is against the way most Spoiler Threads work, but Some people read a lot faster than others, and they should be able to discuss it without spoiling it for the people who want to discuss the early stuff.

Any Blatant Spoilage outside of the Spoiler Boxes will be deleted.

I won't be online again until I finish the book. See you Saturday Evening.

Getting it at midnight and planning to have it finished by late saturday morning. :p

I have to work tomorrow night so I can't get it until the morning, unless someone's nice enough to buy it and bring it to me at work. I haven't found anyone yet though.

And I slow reader anyway so it'll probably take me forever to finish this book.

I'm getting this tomorrow, and I really should study instead of reading it... but then I'd have to wait until Wednesday afternoon... who needs education when you've got magic and Emma Watson?

this is more popular than the bible.

Big release plans are up in DK

I'm about a third of the way in and I love how this is tying everything together from every book. That is all.

I just finished it.

Yup.

I loved it, but I found the epilouge incredibly anticlimatic.

I finished chapter 7 and I'm taking a break. It's a faster read than I thought it would be, so far, but I can't believe you people.

I just finished it. 13 hours of straight reading.

I loved it.

The ending is perfect. The epilogue was beautiful.

DEATH SPOILERS

I'm really bummed about the deaths of Lupin and Tonks.:(

Last edited:
My favorite part was

the Neville/Voldemort standoff. Granted, it barely lasted 2 pages, but Neville was badass, and that's saying something.

The only real reason I found the ending anticlimatic was that expected a more more Animal House-ish ending...the fates of everyone, not just the main characters.

I'm about a third of the way in and I love how this is tying everything together from every book. That is all.

Me too. It's so damn good.

I finished chapter 7 and I'm taking a break. It's a faster read than I thought it would be, so far, but I can't believe you people.

I agree. I mean, I went to sleep last night and have been reading for only a few hours this afternoon, but damn. I kind of want to savor it, though. It's the last flippin' book. I'll probably finish it either tonight or tomorrow before work.

I finished it this morning and it was good. I wish I hadn't read it so fast though... I'm not sure if it'll stand up on multiple rereads though.

I walk in the living room and there's a copy on my couch, I have no idea who it belongs to but I thought "Hm, yesterday people would be killing for this and I have no interest in it"

I finished it this morning and it was good. I wish I hadn't read it so fast though... I'm not sure if it'll stand up on multiple rereads though.

I think it'll only improve upon multiple rereads. Sometime later this year, I'm going to go through the entire series, 1-7.
Sometime.

I think it'll only improve upon multiple rereads. Sometime later this year, I'm going to go through the entire series, 1-7.
Sometime.

The other six did. I can't imagine why this wouldn't.

Anyways, I'm about 500 pages in. The beginning was very good, and then it got a little slow. It started picking up again, though. I am loving it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back