Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I am so excited to see this tomorrow! I can see it being the best movie of the summer, and the reviews have been excellent so far.

I'm going to try and see it this weekend. I think each movie gets better than the one previously and this one doesn't look like the exception.

They are now up to the books that I'm not that familiar with - I've read the first four or so a bunch of times but I think I've only read Half-Blood Prince once.

Very excited to see this tomorrow night. Half-Blood Prince is my favourite of the books. I think Goblet Of Fire is their best film yet, despite being based on what was my least favourite of the books at the time, and I'm interested to see if this tops it.

The best way I can think of to describe it is that if you are looking for a great book to film translation, its not here at all, but if you are looking for a fantastic movie you'll find it.

The best way I can think of to describe it is that if you are looking for a great book to film translation, its not here at all, but if you are looking for a fantastic movie you'll find it.

False. Didn't read the books. Pretty decent fan of the film franchises and this was by far the worst out of all of them. The actors are rapidly growing out of their parts and it really reflects in the acting. Everytime you started getting excited over an action sequence, it was over and they went back to the agonizingly awkward and corny relationship scenes.

It doesn't even feel like the characters in these films act rational at all. I'm afraid to read the books even.

This movie was balls. And I can't believe I was dragged to it before seeing Trek, the Hangover, Up, or Transformers 2.... Hell, even Wolverine.

:roll: When's the Hobbit come out again?

I kind of agree with ManWithoutFear on this. It wasn't the best of them. It felt slow almost all the way threw. But still not the worst film I seen this year.

If your a fan you should probably see this I feel the next film will start like right where this film ended.

Last edited:
You guys are nuts. This was the best one yet, especially as a film on its own. In fact, this was like the first one that finally, actually, thoroughly wasn't just point-form of the book at all. The style was beautiful. I hope DSF comes back to talk about this. I'd be genuinely surprised if he didn't agree.

You guys are nuts. This was the best one yet, especially as a film on its own. In fact, this was like the first one that finally, actually, thoroughly wasn't just point-form of the book at all. The style was beautiful. I hope DSF comes back to talk about this. I'd be genuinely surprised if he didn't agree.

I completely agree. I thought the changes that were made really benefited the movie format, especially the scene after Dumbledore's death.

Wow, you guys are nuts.

Are we suppose to believe, Harry, you has never shown any aspiration to think before, doesn't try to rescue Dumbledore?

Nevermind that, moving on.

Where was the emotion while Snape battles his way out of the castle, and Potter screaming at him that he's a coward? Where's the emotion of Dumbledore's death? Where's the emotion of him and Ginny?

I didn't feel any emotion throughout this film.

But I'm not going to argue that the Burrow burnt down for no reason. No, not me, cause the Weasley's, or Dumbledore for that matter, wouldn't have protections on the place.

No, not me.

Later.

Is it true they removed a whole bunch of important plot points and instead replaced them with random sex jokes? :?

Wow, you guys are nuts.

Are we suppose to believe, Harry, you has never shown any aspiration to think before, doesn't try to rescue Dumbledore?

Nevermind that, moving on.

Where was the emotion while Snape battles his way out of the castle, and Potter screaming at him that he's a coward? Where's the emotion of Dumbledore's death? Where's the emotion of him and Ginny?

I didn't feel any emotion throughout this film.

But I'm not going to argue that the Burrow burnt down for no reason. No, not me, cause the Weasley's, or Dumbledore for that matter, wouldn't have protections on the place.

No, not me.

Later.

Pretty much much thoughts exactly...I know its a movie based on a book...but they obviously were reading a different book than I was.

Latest posts

Back