Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Goodwill said:
Just saying the relationships are really campy. Rowling might as well borrow from the horrific fan fictions JTG is running around with where Draco and Ron hook up...
You know, I've been polite enough to avoid your fan fiction threads. Do you really, REALLY want me to start visiting them and commenting as to what I actually think?

jtg3885 said:
You know, I've been polite enough to avoid your fan fiction threads. Do you really, REALLY want me to start visiting them and commenting as to what I actually think?

Try it. ;-) There's not much you can say until you've read them, right?

And, besides, I'm going off of what I've heard you say before... Sue me.

Anyway, Alfonso would do a real good job on the Sixth movie. I always thought the third was the best directed film of the four... The art direction was good and it dealt little the stupid dialogue. Alfonso is my boy and I'd like to see him around again.

The official release date of the film just was released by WB. I think it's either June or July 13th 2007. Kick ***.

FACT: The Summer 2007 slate of movies is so much better than this Summer's sorry slate it's not even funny.

ultimatedjf said:
The official release date of the film just was released by WB. I think it's either June or July 13th 2007. Kick ***.

Dang, I like it so much better at Christmas time. I was vainly hoping for them to make it for this Christmas.

FACT: The Summer 2007 slate of movies is so much better than this Summer's sorry slate it's not even funny.

Are you telling me that 2007 with this and Spider-Man 3 are going to be better than X3, Superman Returns, Pirates of the Carribean 2, Shrek 3, Mission Impossible III, and The Da Vinci Code?

:lol:

Planet-man said:
Dang, I like it so much better at Christmas time. I was vainly hoping for them to make it for this Christmas.

Are you telling me that 2007 with this and Spider-Man 3 are going to be better than X3, Superman Returns, Pirates of the Carribean 2, Shrek 3, Mission Impossible III, and The Da Vinci Code?

:lol:

Shrek 3 is next summer, Pirates 3 is next summer, Simpsons movie, Evan Almighty, Indy 4, Halo, Ratatouille, The Bourne Ultimatum, Sin City 2, FF2 (whoops), Rush Hour 3, and Surf's Up.

Superman don't interest me, X3 looks mediocre, and MI:3 has Tom Cruise in it. Actually, he's an o.k. actor, I just never saw MI:1 and 2. :D

That was cool. I liked the broomstick/ship scene.

This movie seems interesting... I thought the fifth book was by and large the worst so far, so we'll see how it turns out on the big screen.

This movie seems interesting... I thought the fifth book was by and large the worst so far, so we'll see how it turns out on the big screen.

How so? Several people here have said that, and I can't fathom why. I think it's possibly the best one.

If anything I like the fourth book the least. It was fun to read but when you really think about it the plot makes absolutely no sense, especially once you've read the next two.

People didn't like the depth it gave the characters, and how HArry was mad the whole time, and how grownup he seemed to get

I loved the fifth book, it showed us some flawed heroes, and that's always good

yeah, but I was disappointed with the discovery that Harry and not Neville is the one. How kick*** would it be if Neville Longbottom took out Voldemort?

Last edited:
How so? Several people here have said that, and I can't fathom why. I think it's possibly the best one.

If anything I like the fourth book the least. It was fun to read but when you really think about it the plot makes absolutely no sense, especially once you've read the next two.

I do believe the fourth book was the "jump the shark" book of the series, but it was as you said - fun. It was classic Potter mystery with the Gryffindor gang to the very end... And there was a lot of maturity which has definitely improved this title a great deal. The fifth was contrived, I thought... Largely because of the length. Without jumping around, without the boring developments, and without an anti-climatic death the book would've been much better. Now, the sixth... Definitely the best of the series... I just wish it had come sooner, because I fear for the seventh book now that there is a lot of ground to cover.

Anyway...

The movie is beginning to look good, around the same calibur as the third and fourth which is good, I suppose.

The chick that played Marla from Fight Club is in this one... Probably the chick that kills Sirius.

Latest posts

Back