Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

She's good for the part... I hope that she plays a bigger role in this movie than she did in the books. Her not being developed and her being responsible for killing Sirius didn't add up to me.

Yeah, I haven't read Half-Blood Prince yet, but she really just popped out of nowhere at the end of Order of the Phoenix with almost no build up at all.

I know her name was out there, but it really just seemed anti-climactic to me.

Still, with the movies having to cut so much from the books, I highly doubt they'll add MORE to her role.

Yeah, I haven't read Half-Blood Prince yet

That should be a cue for everyone: Don't post H-BP spoilers in this thread.

I know her name was out there, but it really just seemed anti-climactic to me.

I agree with you and Goodwill about this. Sirius' death was anti-climactic for so many reasons....especially since they still haven't even explained how he died.

I mean...it seems like some kind of Wizard-world capital punishment, but even that seems pretty stupid and pointless when they have the Kedavra Curse. And why would they just leave it open with no safety measures? And why would it be in the Department of Mysteries? And how would Lupin know all about it?

The worst part is that not only do I doubt these questions won't be answered, but none of the prinicipal characters have even bothered to ask what the hell happened.

No one spoiled the Half-Blood Prince.

The movies can actually do a lot of development without having to include more into the movie. For instance, in the fourth movie they added more appearances of Barty Crouch Jr. so that we knew he was around... And, at the same time, still revealing where he was throughout most of the movie. What they did with that was a very good thing and the same can be done for Lestrange.

So yeah.....saw the preview and I gotta say that I'm hyped. Never read the books......never will.

But I love the films.

I'm looking forward to this film more that Spiderman3.

Damn---I hates me some Venom.

Have no interest in 'em. Despite how well they're written and what they deal with---at their core---they're kids books.

And I refuse to read a 500+ page kid's book.

Plus I'm not a big fan of fictional literature. So it's very hard for me to get into reading anything in the fictional category. I'm sure that's a better reason than calling it a "kids book". But to each his own.

Have no interest in 'em. Despite how well they're written and what they deal with---at their core---they're kids books.

Plus I'm not a big fan of fictional literature. So it's very hard for me to get into reading anything in the fictional category. I'm sure that's a better reason than calling it a "kids book". But to each his own.

now a'days they have everything on cd/mp3 or if you wanna go REAL old school its on those...what are they called again...the little square like things with two holes :wink:

and you can just listen to it.

:?

How would you know? You've never read them.

Conviently for you, the minute those books broke the 500-page barrier happened to coincide with the minute they stopped being kids books.

Last edited:
You potter heads really get touchy with the kids books thing.

:lol:

It's true though. While Nigma's suggestion of getting the book on CD/audio is pretty valid if I ever decide I want to read the book....the fact that if I go to Amazon.com or any bookstore in America--they'll have Potter listed under children's books. Because...that's what they are. Just very long children's books.

Now of course there's all sorts of jokes here about if Canada has Potter listed as adult reading, then what's that say of Canada's intellect jokes......but I'll leave 'em be. :p

What? Of course American kids read! Why, just ask CEO and chairman of 4Kids Entertainment, Alfred Kahn!

Kahn said:
My manga comment is...I think manga is a problem. It's a problem because we're in a culture that is not a reading culture. The kids today don't read. They never...they read less today. Every survey...they're watching more television, they're on the Internet more...And manga, in my mind, is trying to put a square...um...y'know, a square peg into a round hole in the United States. It will never be a big deal here. For kids that are into the computer, or the Internet generation. They're not going to read. They haven't read, so they're not gonna start now.
...or just ignore him!

You know what I'm looking for to in this movie? LUNA. She will be awesome. <3

Latest posts

Back