Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Plus I'm not a big fan of fictional literature. So it's very hard for me to get into reading anything in the fictional category. I'm sure that's a better reason than calling it a "kids book". But to each his own.

Says the man reading comic books. :lol:

Anyways, the movies are. . .alright, but as a fan of the books, I usually walk out of the theatre dissapointed (Especially with the last two movies. . .). I'll be seeing OotP, but God knows how much they'll cut away just to fit a 900 page book in 2 and a half hours. . .

Last edited:
HOLY ****!

This looks, by FAR, to be the best movie yet...

http://wms-eu.stream.aol.com/aol/uk/aol/film/video/2007/harrypotter5/harrypotter5_trailer_460.wmv

Voldemort Standing in the Train Station with the black on black suit is one of the creepiest things i've seen in a while!

Agreed.

With Voldemort in the train station... that never happened in the book. Nothing like that happened in the book. And you know what? That's awesome. What matters is the arc of Harry and Voldemort mentally connecting, and if it has to be drastically reinterpreted to look better on screen? And it looks like that? **** YES.

Yeah, he's definitely appearing to harry as a part of their connection, and I'm soooo cool with that.

Kick.

Did you guys hear that the big 20 minute finale sequence is going to be in IMAX 3-D? That is going to be totally sweet.

The only downside I see is that they're making the longest of the Harry Potter books in the shortest of the Harry Potter movies!! :x (They've specifically said in EW that it's gonna be just over 2 hours and 15 minutes.)

Last edited:
Most of the book takes place in Harry's head, with him doubting himself and everything... In terms of things happening, its really one of the shorter books, and in the film they're cutting out quidditch, but i don't think they're cutting much else out in terms of plot... So yeah.

Im still excited.

Last edited:
I really think Ralph Fiennes was the wrong choice for Voldemort. He doesn't look or sound at all like I pictured him. All they really did is shave his head and plaster over his nose. He still looks way too young and not at all like the most powerful dark wizard of all time.

David Bowie should've played Voldemort.

I don't remember having a picture of Voldemort in my head. David Bowie would rock though.

I keep trying to watch the trailer and it gets the gitchy feeling. I installed the new version and it still doesn't play without either stopping or getting errors.

Damn you, JK Rowling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtTHi1gBBak

New Trailer = Even Better.

The Big Obelisk in the Water is definitely Azkaban.

NEW POSTER:

normal_movie_ootp_domestposter_01.JPG

Ginny Looks Awesome There.

She looks like the Weasley twins when they had that awful long hair.
I just keep hoping that they'll either recast her or she'll spontaneously develop some hotness between now and Half-Blood Prince. I love how I've heard people saying she's hotter than in Chamber of Secrets... uh, yeah? Four or five years will do that to you.

Posters for the IMAX version have been withdrawn because the picture had been slighty modified (*cough*cough*Hermione's chest*cough*) without the movie company's authorisation.

A subtle yet distinctive difference.

ootpimaxposterlb6.jpg
normal_movie_ootp_domestposter_01.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back